Anyone else NOT have a Valentine?

Options

Replies

• robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in Valentines day. My husband would spoil me on that day if I wanted, but I have always felt V-day was a load of crap and an excuse for stores to make guys jump through hoops. The only thing we may take advantage of is some of the dinner specials if we are crazy enough to go out that night. :tongue:
  • paul7799
    paul7799 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    What really makes me laugh is MFP thought an author's name was dirty. "****ens" HA
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Didn't have one while married. My ex always found (for 12 years) a reason not to celebrate. once or twice, early on, he got me flowers, but it came with the caveat, "Well, I would have got you Godiva, like you really wanted, but I don't want you to get fatter." I'm heavier now than I ever was back then, so he was just being a jerk.
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I don't have a valentine!!! this better be the last year!!
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I have a hubby. We do nothing really on that day. Plus I work no time for romancing ;)
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    No Valentine's Day happening here either - unless you count my date with Richard Simmons of course. My workouts make for great company without the added sugar and calories from all that crappy chocolate.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Nope my Valentine passed away in 2006
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I'm Married but I don't celebrate that day!

I find it really annoying, I much prefer my hunny randomly displaying his love for me,
  • thin150
    thin150 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Nope :( Been single for 3 years or 4 not sure anymore ugh
  • We have definately all been there. Make Valentines day, singles day if you dont have a partner to share it with. Hit a movie or restruant with friends, and appreciate all the joys of being single. Like being able to flirt with the waiter, or accept that drink at the bar. Or wear that skimpy Bikini at the beach for attention. SHow the world, your SINGLE, LOVING LIFE , and not afraid to admitt it. After all, being single is only temporary and just as fun as being in a relationship.

:)

Have a wonderful V day No Matter what.
  • unowhoandwhy
    Options
    I haven't had a Valentine in... longer than I'll admit! Is it possible to be a born-again virgin? lol

Ah well, maybe next year! 97 pounds and 8 dress sizes lost, only 46 more pounds to go!
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a valentine for about 4 years, but this year I do! It's still new, so there won't be any I love you's. He's in the military and has been out in the field for a couple weeks now. He comes back home on Valentine's day and I'm super excited to spoil him. I don't even care what we do- it will just be nice to be with him :)

Also will be sending roses to one of my single friends who has never had a proper valentine's day, but always sends me chocolates. Can't wait to surprise her too :)
  • blueandigo
    Options
    I don't have one, just purchased my mom and my bestfriend something but that is all. I will sitting here masturbating probably.
  • JanieJack
    Options
    By the way, this year me and some single girlfriends are getting together to treat ourselves for Valentines Day. We're doing takeout and movies, and celebrating the fact that we're not "settling." Just a thought for those of you who dread being alone on this day. Perhaps a non-couples-focused get-together is in order?

My friend bought some cool napkins for the event that say "I may be single, but at least I'm not desperate." Love it!
  • kerri007
    kerri007 Posts: 123
    Options
    i love valentines day. i love all lovey dovey stuff on that day. but as usual my hubby will be working. he usually sends really pretty flowers tho. but all i want in a nice evening with no tv, some lotion, chocolate, and sex!!!
  • NKolhar
    NKolhar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    an other day an other year ... whats new ?
  • JanieJack
    Options
    Nope my Valentine passed away in 2006

So sorry for your loss :-(
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    No Valentine this year....or any year since...like.. elementary school.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Same here. No valentine for me.
  • RachNRoll
    RachNRoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm single too
    But this year instead of being alone at home watching TV me and my housemate are going to make a dinner party with some single friends too, so I think we're going to spend a nice quiet time altogether :)