Anyone else NOT have a Valentine?

Options
flatbellybella
flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
:brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: Jk lol
but yeah, no Valentine for me. Wish I had some renaissance man to romance me off my feet but unfortunately no. :grumble:

I ended things with my ex the other day. After words I was just curious so I asked him if he would have planned anything nice for Valentine's day. He said flowers, dinner etc etc. It was nice to fantasize about but obviously pure bullsh!t.
Would have been nice though... oh well. Pity party lol

Guess I'll buy my own flowers

Anybody else in my shoes?
What's your story?
:laugh:

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Yep...same story,different year. :ohwell:
  • buttercup62999
    buttercup62999 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Left my husband last June, been concentrating on the kids and getting myself back together, so no valentine here either!! Definetly pamper yourself with something lol, mine has been new undies for me and a haircut!! Sounds crazy I am sure, but as a mom I really don't do anything at all for myself so that is where I started!
  • lilfurson
    Options
    Just another day :heart:
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I don't have a Valentines Day any more. Ever since my daughter was born on that day. Now it's her birthday instead. :)

But I don't mind. Valentines Day was just another day for me anyways. Why do we need a special occasion to show each other how we feel? Or to buy each other stuff? It's silly.
    Not easy having a family party on her birthday though. Everyone is busy for Valentines Day. :(
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a valentine in quite some time. I just never meet the right ones. :sad:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    None for me...

I'm divorced as of recently.

This V-day is not about bull**** romance.. it's about me and my hot self going out and having a great night!!!!
  • Lyric82
    Lyric82 Posts: 119
    Options
    I've been single on V-day for as long as I can remember!! (we're talking years!!!!)

So I just use it as a day to remind myself how much I LOVE me..and yes, that includes a gift :bigsmile:
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Just another day. I think it's the day I have to take the garbage can to the curb. So that makes it a little special.
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    ME!
    I've never had one.
    I told my friends I was accepting applications.. No one offered. Lol :P
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I picked up a part time job so I will have to work 8-8 on V-Day. Fortunately my job is NOT in a restaurant. LOL

That is good though because otherwise...ya...it would suck. I DO have a massage lined up for Friday morning, I might take my daughter to a movie Sat. morning, and I'm thinking about making steaks one night this weekend...oh, and chocolate covered strawberries! Maybe I'll buy some flowers, too!
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I've bought myself flowers for years - I enjoy flowers. Even when I was married, I had to buy my own. I don't miss him a bit, but I'd miss the flowers, so I keep buying them, lol.
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    My plan is to take a nice long bath with epsom salts and lavender oil...light some candles, then get naked between the sheets and sip a wine spritzer while watching "Die Hard". Can't get much better than that.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Just another day. I think it's the day I have to take the garbage can to the curb. So that makes it a little special.

The day I "took the trash to the curb" was special for me, too, so I bought myself flowers then, too! :flowerforyou:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    I've been single on V-day for as long as I can remember!! (we're talking years!!!!)

So I just use it as a day to remind myself how much I LOVE me..and yes, that includes a gift :bigsmile:

a) ditto
    b) i will ALSO be getting myself a gift ;)
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Having a girls night that night. Maybe some drag queens, too!
    Just broke up with fiancé after 6 years :(
    BUT I AM REFUSING TO BE SAD!
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    Same story, differnt year. Yes, I have a date with my left hand (i'm right handed)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Having a girls night that night. Maybe some drag queens, too!
    Just broke up with fiancé after 6 years :(
    BUT I AM REFUSING TO BE SAD!

:drinker:
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Her name Rosey?
    hahaa
    Same story, differnt year. Yes, I have a date with my left hand (i'm right handed)
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options

The day I "took the trash to the curb" was special for me, too, so I bought myself flowers then, too! :flowerforyou:

Good for you! I used to joke that I lost 260 pounds with one stroke of the pen. :wink:
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm sweetie-free, but will be spending Valentine's Day in Connecticut with my two favorite valentines, my daughter and her daughter. And on the very next day, my daughter will be delivering her second daughter. So, I'll get a third valentine.

No complaints here. :)