12345679»

Replies

• Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Got this from Facebook :tongue:

I am larger (always has been) than the "National Average"

2wf01l4.jpg

I am NOT that thin at a size 12. At a 12 I look even bigger than the size 16 girl.

I'm not even as thin as the size 4 chick at a size 3. I think we need to bare in mind that these are models, so the added height may make them look thinner.

I think they are using UK sizes.

A UK 8 is a US 4, a UK 12 is a US 8, a UK 16 is a US 12.

Plus, they are probably about 5'10- height generally makes you look a size or two smaller than you actually are. (So I've been told).
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Am I that fat : No!
    Am I thinking I am : Yes!
    Is it changing : Yes!
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i don't know if these sizes are accurate or not, but there is a body image website that has galleries of pics of women at different heights and weights, and the girls in the size 4-6 range often look like the first girl, depending on how muscular they are. same goes with the size 12 and 16. these woman are not flabby, and i'm sure photoshopped, but, you don't have to be a size 16 and flabby. :-)

i know my self talk has ALWAYS been "i'm fat." always. even when i wasn't fat at all. i have a picture from homecoming senior year of high school and i was a totally normally sized teen, size 4 or 6, and yet i thought i was fat. and i think the reason that i was in that mindset for my youth, and college years, and now well into my adult years, was because my mother and grandmother perpetuated it. my mom looked at that picture from H.S. and said, " yes, you are. you could stand to lose some weight."

i was a size 4 my freshman year of college and i gained some weight, and my mother immediately took me to a doctor and told me to tell them that i was getting fatter and i needed help.

so, i have never felt comfortable in my own skin. i am working on it though!!! i am now single, after a 15 yr relationship. i have kids, which took a toll on my body. and i am hoping at some point to get involved with a man. i want to be CONFIDENT with my body. so, i just keep pushing forward and working hard and work on POSITIVE self talk :-)

I think they are using UK sizes.

A UK 8 is a US 4, a UK 12 is a US 8, a UK 16 is a US 12.

Plus, they are probably about 5'10- height generally makes you look a size or two smaller than you actually are. (So I've been told).