Replies

• Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    You mean a display like this....

427595_7493.jpg
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Reading this thread I'm impressed to see how many people want to set the Women's Rights Movement back a few hundred years.

*sigh*

However, like MK said, this is a fantastic way to make note of who not to friend and who to ignore on the forums...
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    ..PS....YOUR HUSBAND APPRECIATES THEIR HARD WORK AS WELL. JUST THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW HES NOT JUST LOOKING AT YOU.

EXACTLY! Hey OP, your hubby looks.. I promise you that. We all LOOK. He may say how gross that girl with the banging body is while strutting her stuff in that hot pink bikini, but later that night he is totally using a mental snapshot.

Just saying. You are reaping the rewards of HER hard work.

Muah

"It ain't easy being this b*tchy"
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I think body confidence is hugely under-rated.

However; is it really confidence that leads a woman to feel she needs to display her nearly naked body for comment?

Personally (and yes, this is my OPINION) I prefer to keep some parts of my body a secret for only my husband to unwrap. I don't wear a bikini. I don't wear a sports bra without a shirt over it. I don't wear "ta-da!" shorts. Or any number of the myriad of revealing clothes that I've been told I should aspire to wear. I don't let my daughter wear them either.

Thoughts....

I have to agree with you OP.
    It's one thing to want to show off the hard work you put in, but you don't have to show off your @ss or boobs to do so.
    Like you, I prefer to keep myself for hubbies eyez only.
    I still have a long ways to go to my goal, but I'm modest enough and smart enough to know scantily dressed photos can cause marital/relationship problems and that's drama that I DON'T want or need.
    Thanks for posting =]
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

However; is it really confidence that leads a woman to feel she needs to display her nearly naked body for comment?

Personally (and yes, this is my OPINION) I prefer to keep some parts of my body a secret for only my husband to unwrap. I don't wear a bikini. I don't wear a sports bra without a shirt over it. I don't wear "ta-da!" shorts. Or any number of the myriad of revealing clothes that I've been told I should aspire to wear. I don't let my daughter wear them either.

Thoughts....

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Wearing super short shorts and a really revealing top is just disgusting in my personal opinion, UNLESS they're your workout clothes (and even then, there's a fine line between what's acceptable and what makes someone look like a *kitten*).

Its my choice if I want to look like a *kitten*,and I welcome anyone to give me their thoughts on how I choose to dress,and I will happily give them my "thoughts" on the matter
  • gourmetgal77
    gourmetgal77 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think what every one else said as far as "to each their own..." is very true. With that being said, I have always set my fitness goal to look good enough to be one of those girls that COULD wear a bikini or do Zumba in just a sports bra and shorts. Will I get my body to that point? Yes, I will.... Will I actually run around in a bikini or a sport bra and shorts? Probably not... but it is definitely a goal to set for yourself!
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    If we're fat, we should be ashamed to flaunt the fat. If we're ridiculously boney skinny the same thing. Its disgusting and its disgusting because of what it equates to... bad health and bad diet and lifestyle or a combination. Wearing a bikini is a privilege for those in great condition.

A second unrelated point is that not every body suits everything, likewise a bikini... there are different bits of clothing and swimwear for every frame and they should be worn accordingly/appropriately. No-one likes looking at a fat person showing every last inch of her cellulite off to "show how confident she is" It's all fake confidence because why would they be on a dieting site if they were proud of that body aesthetically, health wise or for both reasons?

Bikinis are a glamour piece of clothing and should not be work by underweight or overweight people to glamourise both extremes of health. Wear something that suits you.

Wearing a bikini is a privilege for those in great condition?! :angry:

I wonder who gets to decide who the privileged are? Maybe she should join forces with the 1% guy and they can start patrols to make sure that our flesh doesn't offend them. They clearly are the experts on beauty.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Just ordered my new swim suit! Working on my modesty issue I must have since I previously wore a bikini. How slutty of me.

1001-bathing-suit-female.jpg

Now let your imagination run WILD fellas
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how mens clothes have gotten baggier & baggier yet womens fashion is getting skimpier by the season. Bring back properly fitting mens jeans please.

HA! I wish in New York guys would wear baggy pants. Here we have sperm killing pants. Freaking skinny jeans on guys in all different types of colors. It's gross.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I love seeing postings where the person has the self confidence to post their pictures of any type. As a 61 year old nudist since 1972 bodies of any size and shapes can be comfortable. www.aanr.com

When I was at my heaviest I did not feel comfortable in clothes. I feel more self conscious in clothes than nude. So yes I would encourage everyone to post those bikini pictures if they have the courage and self confidence to do so.
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    This thread is enough to discourage someone ,:cry: some of the nasty comments just make me sad :(

Right there with you on that. It's unnecessary to start calling her names simply because there are different views on this topic. Yikes. :(
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

Thoughts....

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Wearing super short shorts and a really revealing top is just disgusting in my personal opinion, UNLESS they're your workout clothes (and even then, there's a fine line between what's acceptable and what makes someone look like a *kitten*).

you just set the women's movement back about 100 years.

a woman is free to dress HOWEVER she wants. it doesn't make her a *kitten*.

i'm sorry more of us aren't in burkas for your approval.
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options

And not to get all feminist, but my body isn't my fiance's. It won't be when we get married either. My body is mine.

amen sista
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    You know everyone, it's totally okay for the fat-bashers to have this thread ... we all know these are just the things they wanted to say in the bikini thread yesterday..

At least I now know for sure who I never want to accept a FR from.

They are just all pissy because they can't afford therapy to deal with their self image issues so they have to go around being cuuntwads to people who have healthy minds and are working for healthy bodies.

Pathetic. Truly.

This. Such pathetic people.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    OP I totally agree, there are parts that I will only show to my husband - that being said, as long as I don't put up pics showing my nipples and lady-bits, I'll be just fine and within the rules of this site, so hells yeah I'm gonna post bikini pics if I get to a point where I can say 'LOOK WHAT I DID!!!! YOU CAN DO IT TOO!' If I were a little more confident I'd do it right now. But alas, I am not.

I love seeing people's pics, however much they want to show or however modest they want to be with their clothing, I love seeing the many differences in the human body and what people have accomplished while working toward their goals, whether they're in 'peak condition' or not. But honestly if you don't want to see bikini pics, avoid threads with 'bikini' in the title or hey avoid women's progress pics altogether since there's a possibility of bikinis.

You should really be more concerned with the guys' pics than the women, at least the women are keeping their nipples covered. Men, some things are only for your wives, put a bikini top on if you want to show your progress, show some modesty! LMAO
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    PS....YOUR HUSBAND APPRECIATES THEIR HARD WORK AS WELL. JUST THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW HES NOT JUST LOOKING AT YOU.

hahahahaha, best response!
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options

Thoughts....

I have to agree with you OP.
    It's one thing to want to show off the hard work you put in, but you don't have to show off your @ss or boobs to do so.
    Like you, I prefer to keep myself for hubbies eyez only.
    I still have a long ways to go to my goal, but I'm modest enough and smart enough to know scantily dressed photos can cause marital/relationship problems and that's drama that I DON'T want or need.
    Thanks for posting =]

if a photo in a bikini could cause a marital issue for you, im gonna go out on a limb and say thats NOT the issue.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Reading this thread I'm impressed to see how many people want to set the Women's Rights Movement back a few hundred years.

*sigh*

However, like MK said, this is a fantastic way to make note of who not to friend and who to ignore on the forums...

E do you mean that women who want to flaunt their bodies are setting Women's right movements back or women who want to cover other women up are? (Like I said a little earlier - somewhere in the mess or replies.)
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    You mean a display like this....

427595_7493.jpg

943451_o.gif
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Just ordered my new swim suit! Working on my modesty issue I must have since I previously wore a bikini. How slutty of me.

1001-bathing-suit-female.jpg

Now let your imagination run WILD fellas

Um, your knees are showing! You cannot wear that!