GIrl, please; are bikini pics really the best display of a "

Options

Replies

• carleyfunk
    carleyfunk Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. I am a very modest person. I don't care what others do but I feel that people need to leave some for the imagination. If almost all is displayed what's left.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Where'd the OP go?

I always love it when they make these sweeping statements never be heard from again....

Yup me too!

I always wonder why people give a *kitten* about what people show while swimming too :P
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    Who the hell busts their *kitten* every freakn day at the gym and limits delicious fatty food intake to wear a dam frock?!?! :huh: :huh:

not sure this wont be taken in the wrong way but perhaps this...?

podebal-burka.jpg

I LOL so hard when I saw this!! My boss thinks I'm nuts!
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Bikinis are great if you pack the goods - gross and laughable if you do not.
    Only 1% of ladies have any business in them unless they enjoy being the object of ridicule.

It's like those fat, greasy old guys parading themselves in speedos.

I recall some thread yesterday where a lady claimed to represent "real women" - :laugh:
    Anyway, people into this fat acceptance movement love the "big and beautiful" on display, and anybody who tells the truth is pillared.

It's just a joke.

The more you go around twisting people's words, the more you make yourself look like an idiot. How about today, instead of representing the body of a real woman, I represent the mind of one while I tell you to take your judgmental, arrogant attitude and kindly go fvck yourself.

Thank god... I thought I was the only one who thinks this guy is a total tool and has no business on MFP!
  • JazzBar9363
    Options
    You'll never see my body in a bikini (you're welcome) no matter how thin I get. However, I don't begrudge others for being proud of their hard work and wanting to show it off. I say "You Go Girl!"
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Only 1% of ladies have any business in them unless they enjoy being the object of ridicule.

I recall some thread yesterday where a lady claimed to represent "real women" - :laugh:
    Anyway, people into this fat acceptance movement love the "big and beautiful" on display, and anybody who tells the truth is pillared.

It's just a joke.
    Sorry but how is this any different that you showing off your arms and chest?
    Only 1% of guys have any business taking off their shirts in public. You simply aren't in that 1%.

Ooooooh snap!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Personally (and yes, this is my OPINION)

Then keep it to yourself.
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options

Thoughts....

thoughts? get a life, prude!
  • CapsFan17
    Options
    I've got around 10lbs to go and my bikini is all ready for this summer! I've even planned a trip so I can show it off. :happy:
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    So many haters on this site. If someone wants to wear a bikini, who cares? It's their body. Don't be jealous that they're obviously HAPPY with themselves on the inside even though they're modifying themselves on the outside.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

It's just a joke.

You were one of those "fat old guys" at one point.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnMz-gZ8EmiECctnmCkAgaq2hsd9seOyNvmcPZ82QNKmcoJ9Cvzw
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I'm with galegetsthin. As I get smaller so does my bikini and my husband loves showing me off too.

To each his own, everyone has their own comfort levels. Why do you care what anyone else posts? How can you be offended, unless you are jealous.

Agreed!
  • jnance82
    jnance82 Posts: 149
    Options
    Everyone commenting about "flaunting" or "being sexy" or "when I have the body" totally missed the point of the bikini thread! It's about being confident enough to say "You know what, this is who I am. I may not be perfect, but I'm okay with me regardless of society's expectations, and I'm here to get even better."

THIS!!!!!!

10502719.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Removed this post because I decided it did not fit in with the calibre of people I thought MFP had. And there is a nazi environment on here where you can't express an honest justified opinion without being bashed just because you're in a minority of opinion...but then again. I'm not overweight or underweight so I can see why it may offend people.

In addition people decided to interpret the post beyond the way it was intended and suggested I hate "fat"/"underweight people and try to stop them from wearing/doing what they want, when all I was saying is that I did not like it and my reasons why.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with it at all. And no, that's not my "I'm a guy and like looking at hot girls in bikinis" side saying that (although that side of me DEFINITELY exists). That's just my honest opinion. If someone works hard to make their body the way they want it to be, then they shouldn't have any reservations about showing it off.

And as far as keeping some things private for your hubby to see...what are we talking about here? Belly? Shoulders? Kneecaps? All the important stuff is covered in a bikini.

I mean, this isn't My Amish Fitness Pal, after all...
    ^^^^^^
    THIS!

so how can you agree with this and that only 1% of women should wear a bikini??
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Not sure what kind of bikinis you are looking at, but i think plenty is left for imagination.

difference between a one piece and bikini... how much of the tummy is covered right? I mean you can still show off big boobs in a one piece :P
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    PS - when I lose my last 40 I will be BLOWING UP this site with my bikini picture. Get over it. Don't look at the picture.
  • CAlley1985
    CAlley1985 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to have your conservative views....also...please feel free not to judge anyone for not being as conservative...whatever their motivation its not for you to judge. Most of the women who express themselves here in the way that you describe is because they are proud of what they have worked for...PS....YOUR HUSBAND APPRECIATES THEIR HARD WORK AS WELL. JUST THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW HES NOT JUST LOOKING AT YOU.
  • Lorie66
    Options
    Ok everyone put on your full body burlap sacks and strut yer stuff! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :smokin:
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    Bikinis rule! Why else get your body in shape if you're not going to show the world what you've accomplished? If I wanted to keep it covered up all the time I wouldn't be trying to get fit. That said I'm a conservative person but yes I do wear bikinis. As for displaying a nearly naked body, well to me that's the same as displaying a nude body. Nudity can be classy or it can be trashy. I think of myself as a classy bikini mom. Cheers!