GIrl, please; are bikini pics really the best display of a "

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Not to sound like an uber *B* but really, really, really?!?!?
    Just because you are .. errr.. dressing modestly, does not mean the woman posting a bikini or shorts pic on a FITNESS site is not modest. She may not seem modest to you. But her perception is HER reality. She is proud of what she has accomplished. She may need support to get to ger goal. Etc.

That is why we say to each their own.

I hate to say it but you come off as a bit prudish. Your body is for your husband etc etc. Well hun, my body is mine - no ring on my finger allows anyone to own me or my body - and if I want to show it off to anyone and everyone, I damn well will. I worked hard and I am proud.

So bikini pic posting girls... keep it coming! We love how hard you have worked!!! And the eye candy does not suck at all!

^^^THIS!!! My husband took my original bikini picture and I took my 2nd one, so he is not unaware that I own the suit, since WE bought it for my competition. I don't go prancing around in it all of the time, and in fact am rather generally conservative. So I posted some bikini pics in a thread on a FITNESS site, whooooo, lol. I don't post raunchy or racy pics on here, so I think its all gravy. I mean, its a bikini, not a thong or nude...
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    As you can see I don't have an issue with it as long as you look respectible. The picture you have posted with your dress is showing off more than my bikini is. So I believe it is what you feel good in wearing.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Not sure what kind of bikinis you are looking at, but i think plenty is left for imagination.

Unless you don't have much imagination. :laugh:
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own opinion and that is amazing, if you want to show off your weight loss in your bra and undies or bikini go ahead. If you want to show it of in a tank top and shorts, why not...if you want to put on a dress...be my guest...jeans and a shirt, fine by me. It doesn't matter and people shouldn't be jumping all over people because of what they want to wear.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I won't wear a bikini either.

Of course, since I'm a man, it'd be kind of weird if I did.

Get over it, OP. You can't remake the world to fit your views.
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    And for the record-I didn't take before pics in a bikini to show others I have confidence. I took them to show how far I've come fitness-wise. Wearing a bikini does NOT=self-confidence.

Agreed.

Can't really see progress in a hoodie.

P.S. as someone else has said, my body is mine, not my fiance's. I don't walk around in skimpy clothing because it's not my thing, not because my body exists for my man to 'unwrap'. Ew.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I think body confidence is hugely under-rated.

However; is it really confidence that leads a woman to feel she needs to display her nearly naked body for comment?

Personally (and yes, this is my OPINION) I prefer to keep some parts of my body a secret for only my husband to unwrap. I don't wear a bikini. I don't wear a sports bra without a shirt over it. I don't wear "ta-da!" shorts. Or any number of the myriad of revealing clothes that I've been told I should aspire to wear. I don't let my daughter wear them either.

Thoughts....

I'm not sure who is "telling" you to aspire to wear certain "revealing" clothes...but last I checked this was a "free to wear what ya want" society...with the exception of school and work dress codes and of course that pesky "no shirt/no shoes/no service" rule in a lot of businesses LOL.

I love (sarcasm!) the insinuation that it's not appropriate to take bikini pics to show progress in weight loss (I think that's what your post meant?it got cut off in the title) Just because you don't want to wear a sports bra without a shirt over it, or wear a bikini bathing suit, doesn't mean others "shouldn't" or that it is wrong for them to do so.

I take pictures of myself in spandex shorts and a sports bra to document my progress. If someone thinks that's too revealing, they certainly don't have to look. I don't have a bikini, or a husband to "unwrap" my body for...but that's my choice. As is yours to cover up, or (gasp) NOT LOOK when someone posts bikini pics. See how nicely that works? To each their own!
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    If we're fat, we should be ashamed to flaunt the fat. If we're ridiculously boney skinny the same thing. Its disgusting and its disgusting because of what it equates to... bad health and bad diet and lifestyle or a combination. Wearing a bikini is a privilege for those in great condition.

A second unrelated point is that not every body suits everything, likewise a bikini... there are different bits of clothing and swimwear for every frame and they should be worn accordingly/appropriately. No-one likes looking at a fat person showing every last inch of her cellulite off to "show how confident she is" It's all fake confidence because why would they be on a dieting site if they were proud of that body aesthetically, health wise or for both reasons?

Bikinis are a glamour piece of clothing and should not be work by underweight or overweight people to glamourise both extremes of health. Wear something that suits you.

are you FREAKIN kidding me?!?!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. I am a very modest person. I don't care what others do

ok..
    but I feel that people need to leave some for the imagination. If almost all is displayed what's left.

So you DO care what others do?
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Here? Is this better for you?

RjYC3pB3Lmq3xbsn9s.jpg
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options

However; is it really confidence that leads a woman to feel she needs to display her nearly naked body for comment?

Personally (and yes, this is my OPINION) I prefer to keep some parts of my body a secret for only my husband to unwrap. I don't wear a bikini. I don't wear a sports bra without a shirt over it. I don't wear "ta-da!" shorts. Or any number of the myriad of revealing clothes that I've been told I should aspire to wear. I don't let my daughter wear them either.

Thoughts....

I don't think it is your place at all to dictate how other women should display their bodies, or pass judgement on those who choose to do it differently than you do. We don't all have husbands who our bodies are exclusively "gifts to unwrap" for. And if someone chooses to wear a bikini, who says she is doing it for comment? That implies that she is doing it for other people and not for herself which is another assumption.

This thread makes me sad.
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Did the OP just disappear?

Hmmmph I say wear what like...I do
  • Capt_Chev
    Capt_Chev Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to be in shape and pull this off

qBYB2.jpg

4TW!!
  • Canadien
    Canadien Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Thoughts....

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Wearing super short shorts and a really revealing top is just disgusting in my personal opinion, UNLESS they're your workout clothes (and even then, there's a fine line between what's acceptable and what makes someone look like a *kitten*).
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    If we're fat, we should be ashamed to flaunt the fat. If we're ridiculously boney skinny the same thing. Its disgusting and its disgusting because of what it equates to... bad health and bad diet and lifestyle or a combination. Wearing a bikini is a privilege for those in great condition.

A second unrelated point is that not every body suits everything, likewise a bikini... there are different bits of clothing and swimwear for every frame and they should be worn accordingly/appropriately. No-one likes looking at a fat person showing every last inch of her cellulite off to "show how confident she is" It's all fake confidence because why would they be on a dieting site if they were proud of that body aesthetically, health wise or for both reasons?

Bikinis are a glamour piece of clothing and should not be work by underweight or overweight people to glamourise both extremes of health. Wear something that suits you.

Wearing a bikini is a privilege for those in great condition?! :angry:
  • bejuled74
    bejuled74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I think my body confidence is hugely under-rated.

There I fixed it for you.....

^LMAO!! Best post I've seen!!!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Yes, bikinis are the best (legal) way for women to flaunt their success.
  • brett1117
    Options
    deeannhill, I'm, not being rude BUT you don't wear skimpy clothes or bikini because your over weight. Most people who have put in long hard hours at the gym and diet properly want to show off their rock hard bodies, so be it!! As they should!! they deserve it
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I prefer to keep some parts of my body a secret for only my husband to unwrap
    Um, yeah, me too. The parts under my bikini...

(I posted in the bikini thread last night. With a picture my husband took. And right after I posted it, he immediately commented "I'm a lucky guy!")

I saw your pic, and your hubby's comment...and I thought that was AWESOME! :)
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Everyone is free to make their own clothing choices. It's lovely.

I agree whole-heartedly. My default is a picture of me in a sports-bra and yoga pants. I don't have perfect abs, in fact there's a lot of flab over them, and I've got love handles! LOL. I do it to remind myself of where I'm starting and once I surpass this stage, I will have something to look back on and feel proud of overcoming.

As far as those displaying bikini photos, again, they could be markers for what stage they're at in their journeys. If they're rocking that bikini like nobody's business because they worked hard and ate right, I feel they should be proud of themselves and inspire others to keep pushing to reach their own goals!

:heart: