GIrl, please; are bikini pics really the best display of a "

Options

Replies

• onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just....wow! :noway:
    If we're fat, we should be ashamed to flaunt the fat. If we're ridiculously boney skinny the same thing. Its disgusting and its disgusting because of what it equates to... bad health and bad diet and lifestyle or a combination. Wearing a bikini is a privilege for those in great condition.

A second unrelated point is that not every body suits everything, likewise a bikini... there are different bits of clothing and swimwear for every frame and they should be worn accordingly/appropriately. No-one likes looking at a fat person showing every last inch of her cellulite off to "show how confident she is" It's all fake confidence because why would they be on a dieting site if they were proud of that body aesthetically, health wise or for both reasons?

Bikinis are a glamour piece of clothing and should not be work by underweight or overweight people to glamourise both extremes of health. Wear something that suits you.

Society's expectations didn't come out of nowhere... they came from knowing what healthy looks like and that's not an underweight or overweight person... both bad health!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I prefer to keep some parts of my body a secret for only my husband to unwrap.

100s of years of women striving for equality and clawing their way out from under the oppression of patriarchy and then morons like you come along.

Thanks. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jennmartin82
    Options
    This thread is enough to discourage someone ,:cry: some of the nasty comments just make me sad :(
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I think body confidence is hugely under-rated.

However; is it really confidence that leads a woman to feel she needs to display her nearly naked body for comment?

Personally (and yes, this is my OPINION) I prefer to keep some parts of my body a secret for only my husband to unwrap. I don't wear a bikini. I don't wear a sports bra without a shirt over it. I don't wear "ta-da!" shorts. Or any number of the myriad of revealing clothes that I've been told I should aspire to wear. I don't let my daughter wear them either.

Thoughts....

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Wearing super short shorts and a really revealing top is just disgusting in my personal opinion, UNLESS they're your workout clothes (and even then, there's a fine line between what's acceptable and what makes someone look like a *kitten*).

Did you seriously just equate skimpy gym clothes with *kitten*?!
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Once I reach my fitness goals, I'll probably just walk around nekkid.

And not to get all feminist, but my body isn't my fiance's. It won't be when we get married either. My body is mine.

If I'm wearing a bikini, it's because I'm proud of the body I worked and sweated and cried for, not because I'm a floozy or don't have self-respect. If others want to wear a burka, that's their choice, and I'm not going to criticize their beliefs, body image, or choice of doing so.

And ditto what a previous poster said...kinda funny that the OP has a pretty chesty profile picture. I'm assuming it's ok her daughter has boobilicious profile pictures on the internet too?
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    some people are so socially inept i DESPAIR at the world as a whole.

Why anyone decides to bring children into this hell hole i have no idea. Roll on Armageddon.
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I for one took my before pictures in a bikini so that when I have finished loosing the weight, I can put on the same bikini and see the difference in fat loss and muscle tone. I only took them in a bikini because I figured mfp wouldn't like it if I posted nakey pics :flowerforyou: It's not about being any type of way for me, I would post the before pics (and after pics when I get there!) so that I could recieve some "atta girls" from my peers when they see how far I have really come. I also have had to wear a one piece for the past 2 years because I was uncomfortable with my size. I am so looking forward to this summer and putting on that bikini and thinking how good I look in the mirror!

That being said, that is my opinion and it is totally fine that yours is different!!! :heart:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Wearing super short shorts and a really revealing top is just disgusting in my personal opinion, UNLESS they're your workout clothes (and even then, there's a fine line between what's acceptable and what makes someone look like a *kitten*).

And what do you think should be done with these "*kitten*"? These brazen women daring to dress as they choose, almost like it were a free society or something...

Is public shaming enough or should we start stoning them?
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to see my progress, so yes, I took sports-bra photos for my befores, and I'll take sports-bra photos for my afters. I want to see my shoulders, my abs, etc, and I want to be able to compare it to where I started without having to guess through layers of fabric. I'm kind of clinical about it, I guess.

Not everyone wants to do that. That's 100% fine. There is no wrong or right way to do it, just different perspectives. But are bikini (or sports-bra-and-tiny-shorts) pics really the best way to display your physique? Unless nudity is an option, then an unequivocal yes. Of course.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You know everyone, it's totally okay for the fat-bashers to have this thread ... we all know these are just the things they wanted to say in the bikini thread yesterday..

At least I now know for sure who I never want to accept a FR from.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Once I reach my fitness goals, I'll probably just walk around nekkid.

F*ckin' rights!!!!!!
  • CajunApril
    CajunApril Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If I lived my life everyday based on what other people thought, I would be incredibly miserable. I think this is a very opinion based post and personally dont think it serves any purpose at all except contraversy.
  • janeinspain
    janeinspain Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    This website is about losing weight, body-image and how to improve it in a healthy manner. And if members get to their weight-goals, if they feel comfortable with their body and want to post pictures in bikinis, I really don't see any problem! In fact, the more, the merrier! Not to forget, we're talking about real, normal women here, not some Photoshopped models.
  • puppy1002
    puppy1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for the day I can wear a bikini and look good in it! I'll go buy a Jeep and drive around wearing shorts and a bikini top! When I know people will be looking at me because I look good and not because their thinking OMG what is she wearing......
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    If we're fat, we should be ashamed to flaunt the fat. If we're ridiculously boney skinny the same thing. Its disgusting and its disgusting because of what it equates to... bad health and bad diet and lifestyle or a combination. Wearing a bikini is a privilege for those in great condition.

A second unrelated point is that not every body suits everything, likewise a bikini... there are different bits of clothing and swimwear for every frame and they should be worn accordingly/appropriately. No-one likes looking at a fat person showing every last inch of her cellulite off to "show how confident she is" It's all fake confidence because why would they be on a dieting site if they were proud of that body aesthetically, health wise or for both reasons?

Bikinis are a glamour piece of clothing and should not be work by underweight or overweight people to glamourise both extremes of health. Wear something that suits you.

Society's expectations didn't come out of nowhere... they came from knowing what healthy looks like and that's not an underweight or overweight person... both bad health!

wow...... really.............. Might I suggest that you dont come to MY beaches..... for that matter, you may need to just stay indoors.
  • jennmartin82
    Options
    You know everyone, it's totally okay for the fat-bashers to have this thread ... we all know these are just the things they wanted to say in the bikini thread yesterday..

At least I now know for sure who I never want to accept a FR from.

:) you rock!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options

However; is it really confidence that leads a woman to feel she needs to display her nearly naked body for comment?

Personally (and yes, this is my OPINION) I prefer to keep some parts of my body a secret for only my husband to unwrap. I don't wear a bikini. I don't wear a sports bra without a shirt over it. I don't wear "ta-da!" shorts. Or any number of the myriad of revealing clothes that I've been told I should aspire to wear. I don't let my daughter wear them either.

Thoughts....

I do lean on the side of modesty. Especially with my teen daughters. Just this morning I told my 16 year old her shirt was too low. I totally get ya.
    Deb
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options

Thoughts....

Did you seriously just equate skimpy gym clothes with *kitten*?!

its actually ludicrous isnt it.

sadinternet.jpg?w=720
  • tonymcgurk1
    Options
    I don't understand how mens clothes have gotten baggier & baggier yet womens fashion is getting skimpier by the season. Bring back properly fitting mens jeans please.

I got rid of my old jeans because they got baggy & had to buy smaller ones.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    this really makes me want to post some hot bikini pics !!

amazing how judgmental people are.. boggles the mind!