I'M JUICE FASTING SO THAT I WONT BE FAT, SICK, AND NEARLY DE

Options
WHOA! Strong I know, but for those of you who have not seen this movie by JOE CROSS, you definitely have to see it!!!! It's an awesome inspirational movie!!!! JOE CROSS DID THE JUICE FAST FOR 60 DAYS AND LOST 82LBS!!!!!! WOW!!!! YES THERE'S A LOT OF NEGATIVE BACKLASH, but he's now 90lbs lighter and healthier then he's ever been in his life!!!! anyway, in 13 days I've lost 22lbs, and now I'm back at it again!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!

Replies

• jlnk
    jlnk Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to start this! I am breastfeeding now, but as soon as I am done, my husband and I are trying it for 10 days.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Since I know many bad comments will probably come, Ill start with something nice. You hair is beautiful :D

And I think clean eating and exercise is a better way to go than juicing :flowerforyou:
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Oh, this is going to get ugly quick.

That said, good luck on your journey.
  • MrsWife2011
    MrsWife2011 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    To each there own, there is benefits to juicing and there is benefits to whole food eating. Just be carefully what you put in your body after your juice fast, weight will go on quickly if don't eat right. Do you research and do it right. Good luck!
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I saw that film as well, and though I am glad it worked for him, I really feel like, at least for me, its an incredibly unrealistic approach to weight loss and healthy living because it's very hard to maintain.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've been meaning to watch that film just because I hear so much about it. Personally, I could not do a juice fast because I love to eat too much, but then I don't have 90 lbs to lose, so perhaps I'd feel differently if I did.

Good luck to you though!
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    You can accomplish the same thing with safer, sane methods. Just eat a healthy diet filled with REAL food. Eat at a calorie deficit. Exercise. No need to starve. No need to drink your meals.

Also- food for thought- you could do some SERIOUS damage to your body by juice fasting for 60 days. A week is probably not gonna hurt ya. Two weeks is pushing it. But 60 days????????????????? Absolutely stupid.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Since I know many bad comments will probably come, Ill start with something nice. You hair is beautiful :D

And I think clean eating and exercise is a better way to go than juicing :flowerforyou:

I know what you mean. This topic is alway kinda out of control when it comes to the critics. But thanks for the laugh. To the OP, good luck to you. I hope you have done your research, because there is going to be alot of negitivity coming at you.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    *grabs popcorn*

This is going to get ugly.....
  • cneale91
    cneale91 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i really want to watch this doc but i cant find it anywhere online can someone please link it to me :)
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Love this movie and did the 14 day detox they have on their FB site..felt awesome.
    Problem is the diet gets awful expensive after a bit..
  • DawnCravesHim
    DawnCravesHim Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have to agree that eating healthy and exercising is the best and safest way to lose weight. I have tried just about every diet there is because I wanted to be the perfect "thin". I have never kept it off for any length of time. Now at 43, I want to be healthy, strong, a good example for my teenagers and I want to live as long as possible. The juice fasting is not healthy - it isn't a balanced diet. The weight will NOT stay off for very long, but I understand the desire for a quick fix. Been there, done that.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Is there a correlation between fasting and caps lock? I won't argue causation.
  • Aranda7892
    Aranda7892 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just want to add my opinion. Losing a lot of weight too quickly is extremely dangerous. Just be careful. :)
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I LIKE APPLE JUICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm a Vita_mixer, have been doing it for about 2 months, and LOVE IT. I replace breakfast and a snack with juicing - and it's been amazing.
  • Butterfly3730
    Options
    To each there own, there is benefits to juicing and there is benefits to whole food eating. Just be carefully what you put in your body after your juice fast, weight will go on quickly if don't eat right. Do you research and do it right. Good luck!

WIll respond quick and exit before the ugliness shows up. LOL The juice fast itself is great, you get your calories in, get plenty of green juices in there and not just fruit juices, drink plenty of water, etc HOWEVER it is how you BREAK the fast and what you do after is what really matters. So do it right and do it for however long you feel good about it. And get on a board that talks about juice fasting specifically -- that will help too. I like juice fasting however it did not teach me how to eat properly and so I won't do it again, until my eating right (for me) is a strong foundation. In other words, I will not do it for weight loss (again) but because I want to. Good luck and best wishes on your journey. OK, exit right -->
  • Gods_Flower
    Options
    Thank you for the compliment, and you are absolutely right, but while juice fasting, I'm learning to eat clean and healthy, so this really helps me.:happy:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You go, girl! Protein and fiber and not feeling hungry all the time are totally overrated!
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Is there a correlation between fasting and caps lock? I won't argue causation.

Possibly. I get stupid hyper if I fast and then OH MY GOD EVERYTHING IS JUST SO EXCITING TO ME!!!!