I'M JUICE FASTING SO THAT I WONT BE FAT, SICK, AND NEARLY DE

Options

Replies

• Kiravaillant
    Options
    have you seen the juice diet go wrong?? not a pretty site honestly... if you do it please please please be realistic dont get swarmed into it and loose you head set a time scale and stick to it, wish you all the luck on your diet :)
  • Gods_Flower
    Options
    :tongue: WEL, THIS WENT WELL:laugh: THANKS FOR ALL THE THOUGHTS:bigsmile:

Tomorrow will be 40 DAYS. After we are done with our 60 DAYS we will be following a Paleo Lifestyle. Notice I didn't call it a DIET. Being healthy is a lifestyle - not a passing phase.
    Then what do you call your passing phase of juicing?

Fasting. Dur.

ROTFL, HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA:bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • eolivero
    Options

Tomorrow will be 40 DAYS. After we are done with our 60 DAYS we will be following a Paleo Lifestyle. Notice I didn't call it a DIET. Being healthy is a lifestyle - not a passing phase.

I will always include juicing in my new lifestyle. If you had seen the movie you would understand the concept of "REBOOTING" your body to a Paleo Lifestyle. So no, I don't consider juicing a "passing phase".
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    You can accomplish the same thing with safer, sane methods. Just eat a healthy diet filled with REAL food. Eat at a calorie deficit. Exercise. No need to starve. No need to drink your meals.

Also- food for thought- you could do some SERIOUS damage to your body by juice fasting for 60 days. A week is probably not gonna hurt ya. Two weeks is pushing it. But 60 days????????????????? Absolutely stupid.

Do you have anything to back up your claims of stupidity? You do realize she's not talking about living on just apple and orange juice, right?

Backing up my claims: an advanced degree in the biomedical sciences + common sense. I'm not in the mood to play on pub-med anymore, so that's all you get today :P

As I said, short-term fasting is probably not going to hurt anyone, though it's not necessary for weight loss.

Long term though? Unless the faster is supplementing with amino acids and fatty acids, he/she is looking at malnutrition. You need these nutrients to live healthy. You cannot eat just veggies and fruit and be healthy. Even vegans eat legumes and nuts. Are beans included in the juice?

I say it's "stupid" because there is no reason to fast for 60 days. None. You can accomplish everything you want to accomplish without risking malnutrition.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I didn't say you were a moderator (??). I am chilled, but "stupidity" is not a word used in civil debates. However asking someone to back up a claim of "stupidity" is.

Saying I deleted a comment means I have moderator privileges, that's what I meant.

And saying the word "stupidity" is not civil in debates, but asking to back up a claim of "stupidity" is? LOL makes total sense :laugh:
  • YassSpartan
    Options
    I say it's "stupid" because there is no reason to fast for 60 days. None. You can accomplish everything you want to accomplish without risking malnutrition.

Although I agree with you up to a certain point, fasting for 60 days or more is not something new. So I do't think it is stupid as long as it is correctly done. The reasons why is done shouldn't be considered stupid since is not up to you to find logic in it, but to the person doing it :smile:
  • LabRat529
    Options
    She calls the OP, or at least the OP's plan "stupidity" and you think my reply was the offensive post?? Or perhaps not , since you deleted the post to which I replied. (BTW - I work in healthcare too. Doesn't make me an expert on juicing)

Okay... how about this:

I find the idea of a 60-day juice fast to be foolish if the faster does not take sufficient care to supplement for the nutrients critical to a healthy life. Even then I find the idea of a 60 juice fast to be foolish because it accomplishes nothing that a health solid-food diet cannot accomplish with less discomfort to the dieter.

But... I'm still saying I think that a 60-day fast is stupid... but I'm saying it in a nicer way. I'm sorry my lack of diplomacy offended you. I find the attitudes expressed in this thread to be exasperating at best. I cannot help but ask: why do people insist on torturing themselves? I love food.

I'm really not attacking the OP. She sounds very enthusiastic about her choice... and it's her right to make that choice. It's a choice I disagree with, but it's still her right. For her sake, I hope she'll supplement if she decides to do this long term.
  • KemaVA
    KemaVA Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I loved that documentary... It changed my life! I tried juice fasting for a day but then decided I needed protein since I'm a gym rat. I added nuts and now consider myself on a raw lifestyle journey. I drink most of my veggies but eat fruit and nuts. 1 month in! :smile: :heart: :bigsmile:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

I will always include juicing in my new lifestyle. If you had seen the movie you would understand the concept of "REBOOTING" your body to a Paleo Lifestyle. So no, I don't consider juicing a "passing phase".
    If you did some research rather than take some sensationalistic movie's word for it...you would understand the concept of "REBOOTING" is utter nonsense(what are we, computers??). You are doing this juicing fast for a fixed period of time for no really good reason....yet...it's not a passing phase. Are you going to be juicing again like this on a regular basis?
  • eolivero
    Options
    You can accomplish the same thing with safer, sane methods. Just eat a healthy diet filled with REAL food. Eat at a calorie deficit. Exercise. No need to starve. No need to drink your meals.

Also- food for thought- you could do some SERIOUS damage to your body by juice fasting for 60 days. A week is probably not gonna hurt ya. Two weeks is pushing it. But 60 days????????????????? Absolutely stupid.

Do you have anything to back up your claims of stupidity? You do realize she's not talking about living on just apple and orange juice, right?

Backing up my claims: an advanced degree in the biomedical sciences + common sense. I'm not in the mood to play on pub-med anymore, so that's all you get today :P

As I said, short-term fasting is probably not going to hurt anyone, though it's not necessary for weight loss.

Long term though? Unless the faster is supplementing with amino acids and fatty acids, he/she is looking at malnutrition. You need these nutrients to live healthy. You cannot eat just veggies and fruit and be healthy. Even vegans eat legumes and nuts. Are beans included in the juice?

Lab Rat - I think you have come very close to hitting the nail on the head. Since NO ONE has any idea what I am juicing - it would be false to assume I am malnourished. I HAVE NEVER recommending juicing to anyone. I was interested in doing it and researched for a long time. I consulted a Doctor - not a website - before I started and get regular check-ups and blood work.
    If anyone chooses to do this particular REBOOT without proper supervision, they are taking a HUGE risk. It's not for everyone.
    Educate yourself, seek guidance and enjoy life. Don't expect everyone to agree with you and don't let negative comments discourage you from reaching your goals.
  • LabRat529
    Options

Although I agree with you up to a certain point, fasting for 60 days or more is not something new. So I do't think it is stupid as long as it is correctly done. The reasons why is done shouldn't be considered stupid since is not up to you to find logic in it, but to the person doing it :smile:

True... I suppose there are reasons for it... but short of a religious reason, I just can't wrap my mind around it. Even Christ only fasted for 40 days. ;) But I suppose that's my problem. It certainly isn't the OPs or any other pro-juice fasting person on here.

Ah well.

To the OP and everyone else: Best wishes.
  • eolivero
    Options
    Well, Christ wasn't juicing. I don't think I could survive on water alone for 40 days.
  • Gods_Flower
    Options
    Im just curious as to whether people truly read my topic or not, I never said I WAS JUICING FOR 60 DAYS, lol, wow, people, people, people. :noway: :laugh:
  • YassSpartan
    Options
    Superman doesn't eat food :bigsmile:
    250px-Superman.jpg
  • YassSpartan
    Options
    Im just curious as to whether people truly read my topic or not, I never said I WAS JUICING FOR 60 DAYS, lol, wow, people, people, people. :noway: :laugh:

It doesn't matter, you're still wrong :laugh:
  • Gods_Flower
    Options

I JUST MIGHT DO IT FOR 60 DAYS (AND THE CROWD GOES WILD, WOOT WOOT:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )
  • Gods_Flower
    Options

It doesn't matter, you're still wrong :laugh:

Glad I never said I was right:happy: :tongue:
  • Gods_Flower
    Options

I JUST MIGHT DO IT FOR 60 DAYS (AND THE CROWD GOES WILD, WOOT WOOT:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

:smile:
  • YassSpartan
    Options
    Glad I never said I was right:happy: :tongue:

LOL
  • Gods_Flower
    Options
    Well, Christ wasn't juicing. I don't think I could survive on water alone for 40 days.

water alone, that's gotta be crucial:smile: