I'M JUICE FASTING SO THAT I WONT BE FAT, SICK, AND NEARLY DE

Options

Replies

• chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    At least do it with V8 - that way you can get your veggie servings...

Not everything that is easy is best... just saying...
  • ncole3
    ncole3 Posts: 164
    Options
    I started watching it and fell asleep last night....I definitely want to rewatch it
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Go for it :) I did it for 5 or 6 days and it worked like a charm. Day 2 and 3 were the worst. After that things got better. Of course, my plan was to do it for a week only. As long as you make sure to include a variety of fruits and veggies to keep a balanced amount of nutrients. The key factor is, ALWAYS make sure you're getting the nutrients your body needs.

Check out the books Ultimate Juicing and Green for Life. The kindle version is cheaper (you don't need a kindle, you can download the apps for PC, MAC, Android, and iPhone or iPad). They have plenty of recipes, and the Ultimate Juicing has a simple table with the nutrients each fruits and veggie has plus how much it has for each of them.

Good luck :)
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    WHOA! Strong I know, but for those of you who have not seen this movie by JOE CROSS, you definitely have to see it!!!! It's an awesome inspirational movie!!!! JOE CROSS DID THE JUICE FAST FOR 60 DAYS AND LOST 82LBS!!!!!! WOW!!!! YES THERE'S A LOT OF NEGATIVE BACKLASH, but he's now 90lbs lighter and healthier then he's ever been in his life!!!! anyway, in 13 days I've lost 22lbs, and now I'm back at it again!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!

Juicing is wasteful. You lose a lot of vitamins and nutrients in the pulp.
  • Gods_Flower
    Options
    Since I know many bad comments will probably come, Ill start with something nice. You hair is beautiful :D

And I think clean eating and exercise is a better way to go than juicing :flowerforyou:

Thank you for the compliment, and you are absolutely right, but while juice fasting, I'm learning to eat clean and healthy, so this really helps me.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Thank you for the compliment, and you are absolutely right, but while juice fasting, I'm learning to eat clean and healthy, so this really helps me.:happy:

See I think that maybe eating healthy starting now would be better personally. If you can commit to a juice fast then eating healthy shouldn't be too hard right? :D Think chicken breast, beans, and sooo many veggies and fruit! Gotta get in protein and fats, which some lack in while juicing. Don't want to lose more muscle then yu have to right? :flowerforyou:
  • christineh716
    Options
    I also watched this movie and thought it was AMAZING!!!
    To the person who thinks that it is dangerous for the whole 60 days, it isn't. The whole process was under doctors supervision and they couldn't beleive his results. after one month he had stopped having blood pressure issues and the levels of fat in his body had gone down to "normal" and he came off his medication.
    Even though I do believe that this is an extreme way to live I think the benefits have proven themselves; and at least it makes you wonder, Why do we eat so many times a day?

This juice cleanse is too extreme for me, I just love my food too much! But for people who want to do that, well each to their own, it has to be better then being overweight and unhealthy! as long as you don't yoyo diet because that puts your body under soooo much pressure.

Good Luck!
  • Gods_Flower
    Options
    Oh, this is going to get ugly quick.

That said, good luck on your journey.

I saw it coming, lol, thanks:laugh:
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Good luck with it, I couldn't do it because I like food too much and I think I'd not have the control to avoid putting it back on straight away. Just try and make sure you're still getting the nutrients you need, because 60days is a VERRRRY long time to have no real food. Personally, I don't think it's a good idea tbh, but there you go!

Btw, did anyone else think that the OP was going to be sarcastic from the title? I really thought it was going to be one of those posts!
  • Gods_Flower
    Options
    To the person who thinks that it is dangerous for the whole 60 days, it isn't. The whole process was under doctors supervision and they couldn't beleive his results. after one month he had stopped having blood pressure issues and the levels of fat in his body had gone down to "normal" and he came off his medication.
    Even though I do believe that this is an extreme way to live I think the benefits have proven themselves; and at least it makes you wonder, Why do we eat so many times a day?

This juice cleanse is too extreme for me, I just love my food too much! But for people who want to do that, well each to their own, it has to be better then being overweight and unhealthy! as long as you don't yoyo diet because that puts your body under soooo much pressure.

Good Luck!

Well said, and thank you:wink:
  • LilacDreamer
    Options

Good Luck!

Juicing is wasteful. The VITAMIX is much better for you, because you dont lose any of the vitamins or nutrients since there is no pulp/waste. Juicing merely extracts, the vitamix pulverizes the while fruit/vegetable.
  • Gods_Flower
    Options
    I can't wait to start this! I am breastfeeding now, but as soon as I am done, my husband and I are trying it for 10 days.

I did it for 13 days and lost 22lbs! it's do-able!!!:happy: Since I dont believe in luck, I hope for the best!:heart:
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    At least do it with V8 - that way you can get your veggie servings...

Not everything that is easy is best... just saying...

V8 defeats the purpose of juice fasting. The whole idea is use natural, fresh fruits. V8 as any other product like that, as much as they swear is pure, natural and without preservatives, they go thru a process to extend the lifetime of the product. It is naturally impossible that a juice won't go bad or change its flavor if is not pasteurized or go under any other process.
  • audraws12
    audraws12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Today is my last day ( I did the 5 days Part Juice/Part Food) and I'm feeling great. I personally couldn't do the just juice since I workout so much and have the "need" to chew. It’s not for the faint of heart but if you’re up for the challenge and have healthily goals (not trying to starve yourself thin) but to reboot your system you should check it out. The Doc. was very interesting and a worthwhile watch even if just for argument sake.
    Personally doing it for long periods of time (like Joe did) I don't 100% agree with since your body needs the variety. But short spurts to really indulge in Fresh Fruits and Veggies is a good thing. Weight loss wasn’t my main goal with this.. it was to detox from excessive traveling eating out/fast food spree that left me feeling fatigued and blah. I have gone from Sunday 170-165.4 Thursday and have much more energy again. It also did get me over the 170-167 plateau I’d been sitting at for many weeks…
  • LatinaButterfly
    LatinaButterfly Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    i really want to watch this doc but i cant find it anywhere online can someone please link it to me :)

Free on Hulu...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/289122/fat-sick-and-nearly-dead
  • Gods_Flower
    Options

Good Luck!

Juicing is wasteful. The VITAMIX is much better for you, because you dont lose any of the vitamins or nutrients since there is no pulp/waste. Juicing merely extracts, the vitamix pulverizes the while fruit/vegetable.

I'm actually juicing and blending smoothies, thanks!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed the movie. I like the idea that your body will heal itself if you can just get out of the way. This was true for him because of the kind of lifestyle he used to live, not sure that his approach would be appropriate for the average person, or that he would not have had the same results with a good clean diet.

I would recommend that you get the help of a professional to make sure that you don't deprive yourself of important nutrition.
  • Gods_Flower
    Options
    Today is my last day ( I did the 5 days Part Juice/Part Food) and I'm feeling great. I personally couldn't do the just juice since I workout so much and have the "need" to chew. It’s not for the faint of heart but if you’re up for the challenge and have healthily goals (not trying to starve yourself thin) but to reboot your system you should check it out. The Doc. was very interesting and a worthwhile watch even if just for argument sake.
    Personally doing it for long periods of time (like Joe did) I don't 100% agree with since your body needs the variety. But short spurts to really indulge in Fresh Fruits and Veggies is a good thing. Weight loss wasn’t my main goal with this.. it was to detox from excessive traveling eating out/fast food spree that left me feeling fatigued and blah. I have gone from Sunday 170-165.4 Thursday and have much more energy again. It also did get me over the 170-167 plateau I’d been sitting at for many weeks…
    nice:smile:
  • LilacDreamer
    Options

Good Luck!

I'm actually juicing and blending smoothies, thanks!

I haven't juiced in years because when i juiced i did myself a disservice. My cousin introduced me to the vitamix (shes had hers for 25 years)

and even if you're "blending smoothies" are you using the PULP, the SKINS, the SEEDS (even apple seeds), the cores, the tops, the leaves..every last bit of the fruit and vegetables? because thats what i do. i couldnt do it with a regular blender - and i had a kitchenaid.