I'M JUICE FASTING SO THAT I WONT BE FAT, SICK, AND NEARLY DE

Options

Replies

• Gods_Flower
    Options
    Love this movie and did the 14 day detox they have on their FB site..felt awesome.
    Problem is the diet gets awful expensive after a bit..

yes, you're right, it does.
  • Gods_Flower
    Options
    I also watched this movie and thought it was AMAZING!!!
    To the person who thinks that it is dangerous for the whole 60 days, it isn't. The whole process was under doctors supervision and they couldn't beleive his results. after one month he had stopped having blood pressure issues and the levels of fat in his body had gone down to "normal" and he came off his medication.
    Even though I do believe that this is an extreme way to live I think the benefits have proven themselves; and at least it makes you wonder, Why do we eat so many times a day?

This juice cleanse is too extreme for me, I just love my food too much! But for people who want to do that, well each to their own, it has to be better then being overweight and unhealthy! as long as you don't yoyo diet because that puts your body under soooo much pressure.

Good Luck!

Well said, and thank you:wink:

Juicing is wasteful. The VITAMIX is much better for you, because you dont lose any of the vitamins or nutrients since there is no pulp/waste. Juicing merely extracts, the vitamix pulverizes the while fruit/vegetable.

I'm actually juicing and blending smoothies, thanks!

I haven't juiced in years because when i juiced i did myself a diservice. My cousin introduced me to the vitamix (shes had hers for 25 years)

and even if you're "blending smoothies" are you using the PULP, the SKINS, the SEEDS (even apple seeds), the cores, the tops, the leaves..every last bit of the fruit and vegetables? because thats what i do. i couldnt do it with a regular blender - and i had a kitchenaid.

i have to totally research this, how cool....
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Jeezus, so juicing is wasteful? A lot of fiber is wasted, nutrients are wasted, but the juice still contains enough nutrients to feed the body. Luckily she's doing smoothies too, so she won't be throwing away all the pulp.

ps. One thing is true, juicers that spin too fast causes oxidation, so it is always best to have a low-revolution juicer if you want to make the most out of it ;)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    what about protein? Low protein diet has been linked with excess muscles loss. Since those are an important part of your metabolism, you really do not want to lose them.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You can accomplish the same thing with safer, sane methods. Just eat a healthy diet filled with REAL food. Eat at a calorie deficit. Exercise. No need to starve. No need to drink your meals.

Also- food for thought- you could do some SERIOUS damage to your body by juice fasting for 60 days. A week is probably not gonna hurt ya. Two weeks is pushing it. But 60 days????????????????? Absolutely stupid.

Do you have anything to back up your claims of stupidity? You do realize she's not talking about living on just apple and orange juice, right?
  • LisaCru
    Options
    I watched the movie and was inspired. I would like to point out to those who think juicing for 60 days will hurt you, Joe did it under a doctor's supervision. He was evaluated throughout and would not have continued if the doctor recommended he stop. If you go on the Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead website they do not recommend doing a juice only plan without a doctor's supervision.
  • seaglass2
    Options
    I watched the movie and it was really motivating. Just not for me. My husband and I decided to do a one day detox the day after New Year's to kick off a year of healthy clean eating. I bought all organic produce and it is very expensive.

I will continue to juice every now and then and stop in at a local vegan place to get some great juice combo's - it doesn't have to be all or nothing and I think there are some great benefits from juicing!

Good luck to you! Keep us posted on your progress.

dg

ps. Ignore the snarky comments there are a few people here who get their rocks off putting other people down. If you read enough threads you will know who they are.
  • Gods_Flower
    Options
    At least do it with V8 - that way you can get your veggie servings...

Not everything that is easy is best... just saying...

V8 defeats the purpose of juice fasting. The whole idea is use natural, fresh fruits. V8 as any other product like that, as much as they swear is pure, natural and without preservatives, they go thru a process to extend the lifetime of the product. It is naturally impossible that a juice won't go bad or change its flavor if is not pasteurized or go under any other process.

your absolutely right, and P.S. and there's no way juice fasting is easy :)
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Jeezus, so juicing is wasteful? A lot of fiber is wasted, nutrients are wasted, but the juice still contains enough nutrients to feed the body. Luckily she's doing smoothies too, so she won't be throwing away all the pulp.

ps. One thing is true, juicers that spin too fast causes oxidation, so it is always best to have a low-revolution juicer if you want to make the most out of it ;)

yes, its very wasteful. she's not giving her body the AMAZING benefits, nutrients, fiber, vitamins and antioxidants she would be if she had a machine like the vitamix. i believe the blendtec is similar, but i havent researched it. i also love that the vitamix is made in the USA (ohio, to be exact)
    and they've been around FOREVAR.
  • Gods_Flower
    Options

i like you man! lol :smile:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    To each their own. What I find funny in reading through the posts there are not near as many negative comments as there would have been had you not mentioned it in the original post :) I cannot for my life figure out why people believe that they are so superior and that people are going to bend to their badgering on these forums! Good luck with your journey and stay healthy :)
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    Apple seeds have freaking cyanide in them. o_O

they do indeed, trace amounts, but they're fine when they're pulverized. i'm not a huge fan of apples so i dont use them often but i have 2 friends who use them in their vitamix practically daily.
  • eolivero
    Options
    Dec 30th I started walking everyday- except Saturday (rain or shine).
    Jan 6th I started juicing.
    Feb 1st I started hiking carrying a pack filled with sand (equivalent to each pound I have lost).
    Feb 6th I started Crossfit classes, 4 times a week.

I feel wonderful. My wife has been doing the same every step of the way. She feels great and has lost almost 15 lbs.

My ticker shows my progress. I only wiegh-in on Monday mornings.

P.S. I have more energy than ever before and I don't feel like I am starving. It doesn't feel like a diet. Eating is a very "social" event. Once you get passed the idea that you are no longer dependant on food for social interaction, the desire to eat basically goes away. My juice is food - I just don't chew food anymore.

As far as expenses - I spend less than $20 a DAY! It's not as expensive as people think. I find produce on sale all the time and go to local Farmer's Markets. As far as losing nutrients in the pulp - pulp is fiber. It becomes a TURD. Your body makes turds because it has used everything it can from the food source. Anyone that has juiced will tell you the pulp they throw out (or use as compost) begins to decompose very quickly. If it was in your intestines, it would be creating GAS and a very fiberous TURD. Some people save the pulp and make homemade crackers. To each their own! I throw mine away.

I take in over 2,000 calories per day. Don't believe everything you read about juicing. Many people don't do it correctly. Check with your doctor first.

P.S.S. I don't give a *kitten* what other people think about my juicing. Unless your name is followed by "M.D." - shut it! I don't rely on internet BLOGS for medical advice and "correct" information. I read BLOGS to be amused and share my thoughts, not to be educated.
  • LilacDreamer
    Options

i like you man! lol :smile:

this needs restating:

you're not giving her body the AMAZING benefits, nutrients, fiber, vitamins and antioxidants you would be if you had a machine like the vitamix. i believe the blendtec is similar, but i havent researched it. i also love that the vitamix is made in the USA (ohio, to be exact)
    and they've been around FOREVAR.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Apple seeds have freaking cyanide in them. o_O

they do indeed, trace amounts, but they're fine when they're pulverized. i'm not a huge fan of apples so i dont use them often but i have 2 friends who use them in their vitamix practically daily.

http://chemistry.about.com/b/2007/09/12/yes-apple-seeds-and-cherry-pits-are-poisonous.htm
    ^ I edited my original post with this link. I think it would be totally worth it to go ahead and remove the seeds instead of dosing yourself with trace amounts of poison... a few won't hurt you, but every day is pushing it. Just lookin' out for ya...
  • Gods_Flower
    Options
    I LIKE APPLE JUICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, me too!!!! yaaaaaaaay
  • LilacDreamer
    Options

P.S.S. I don't give a *kitten* what other people think about my juicing. Unless your name is followed by "M.D." - shut it!

you're quite bitter aren't you? chill - contrary to what you believe the world isnt against you.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Do you have anything to back up your claims of stupidity? You do realize she's not talking about living on just apple and orange juice, right?

I don't think there's any need to offend anyone. Aside from the fact this user works in a field related to medicine, whether or not she is right, your question can be asked in a different way. This type of things make moderators lock threads.

In answer to your questions, just because someone decides to use different fruits or veggies, doesn't mean they are consuming all the nutrients the body needs to survive and be healthy. The movie doesn't explain what to use to make the juices and even the website, in my opinion doesn't really give you a huge variety of choices.

It is always, when doing fast juicing for more than 7 days to READ and RESEARCH about what nutrients are essential to our bodies, which fruits and veggies has the biggest amounts, and which can be replaced with other in case the person doesn't like the flavor.

Her concern is valid since none of us are experts in the field or nutritionists.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best. :smile: