I'M JUICE FASTING SO THAT I WONT BE FAT, SICK, AND NEARLY DE

Options

Replies

• YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Well, Christ wasn't juicing. I don't think I could survive on water alone for 40 days.

water alone, that's gotta be crucial:smile:

That water had multivitamin diluted in it :bigsmile:
  • Finisher114
    Options
    Juice fasting is a pretty dramatic way to lose weight. However, replacing a meal with juice (especially the Mean Green) could be just as beneficial to weight loss and you are sure to get your vitamins. Please be very careful not to harm yourself. The point of weight loss is your health. Your health is the most important thing.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I think anyone doing any sort of restrictive diet/regime needs to be strong willed but also of a very very nice nature

I've tried this and the Dukan diet, both turned me into a psychological freak!

Which I kind of am anyway, but take away my food and its scary
  • firlt22
    Options
    what kind of juice as i'm thinking of trying this.
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    i really want to watch this doc but i cant find it anywhere online can someone please link it to me :)

It's on Netflix Watch Instantly if you have access to that.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Good luck with it, I couldn't do it because I like food too much and I think I'd not have the control to avoid putting it back on straight away. Just try and make sure you're still getting the nutrients you need, because 60days is a VERRRRY long time to have no real food. Personally, I don't think it's a good idea tbh, but there you go!

Btw, did anyone else think that the OP was going to be sarcastic from the title? I really thought it was going to be one of those posts!
    [/quote}

Exacty, I like eating. And I can lose weight and be healthy AND eat food I like instead of just juicing. Extremism is almost always a bad thing no matter what people are being extreme about.
  • MeRevisitedAgain
    MeRevisitedAgain Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would love to know how this works for you. I wish I had a juicer. I would juice for one week out of every month if I did. Great way to hit the reset button. Once I started eating better, it has come extremely difficult to eat out, or eat the comfort foods I love. Sometimes I need a juice week to get over a bad weekend or sometimes a bad meal...lol. Anyway, good luck with it and I hope you get the results your seeking.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Well, Christ wasn't juicing. I don't think I could survive on water alone for 40 days.

Even Jesus Christ didn't survive on water for 40 days. Fasting is not surviving on water alone. It's basically backing down to one small meal a day. Probably healthier than juicing in the long run....
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options

There's lots of things "christ" wasn't doing - like existing...
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    For this juice fast. do you take any laxatives with it?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Oh, Rita. You just love those laxatives.
  • RileyLeah
    Options
    I want to do this as well! I've been at a plateau for quite some time. However, I would only do it for a week at a time because I'm not sure if I'm strong enough to do it for longer and I will receive some serious backlash from my relatives if they caught on...
  • rita27ny
    Options

I didn't say i love laxatives. Do you love laxatives?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

You mention them often. I have never taken a laxative.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options

I would imagine the juice itself is a pretty powerful laxative.

ETA: What an odd question!
  • rita27ny
    Options

You mention them often. I have never taken a laxative.

I don't. It's just a question. For certain fast a laxative tea is taken.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I don't. It's just a question. For certain fast a laxative tea is taken.
    Taking laxatives when not necessary, is pretty much on the side of an eating disorder.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options

Wow...this topic just took a sharp turn. :laugh:

*watching as everyone now talks about poo*
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options

You don't. One of the goals of the fasting is cleaning the body, detoxing basically, so no, you don't need them. Actually, I strongly believe it is a bad idea.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

You don't. One of the goals of the fasting is cleaning the body, detoxing basically, so no, you don't need them. Actually, I strongly believe it is a bad idea.
    Then there's the whole fact that your liver, if properly functioning....does a wonderful job at cleaning and detoxing your body. Fasts are not proven to increase this effect.