PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I LIKE APPLE JUICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This made me laugh so hard.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    this needs restating:

you're not giving her body the AMAZING benefits, nutrients, fiber, vitamins and antioxidants you would be if you had a machine like the vitamix. i believe the blendtec is similar, but i havent researched it. i also love that the vitamix is made in the USA (ohio, to be exact)
    and they've been around FOREVAR.

Are they paying how much for the advertisement?

And I'm sorry, I once again disagree and will keep disagreeing with you about NOT giving the body enough nutrients. You're making it sound like juice is colored water. Do you even know what you're saying?
  • Gods_Flower
    Options
    Dec 30th I started walking everyday- except Saturday (rain or shine).
    Jan 6th I started juicing.
    Feb 1st I started hiking carrying a pack filled with sand (equivalent to each pound I have lost).
    Feb 6th I started Crossfit classes, 4 times a week.

I feel wonderful. My wife has been doing the same every step of the way. She feels great and has lost almost 15 lbs.

My ticker shows my progress. I only wiegh-in on Monday mornings.

P.S. I have more energy than ever before and I don't feel like I am starving. It doesn't feel like a diet. Eating is a very "social" event. Once you get passed the idea that you are no longer dependant on food for social interaction, the desire to eat basically goes away. My juice is food - I just don't chew food anymore.

As far as expenses - I spend less than $20 a DAY! It's not as expensive as people think. I find produce on sale all the time and go to local Farmer's Markets. As far as losing nutrients in the pulp - pulp is fiber. It becomes a TURD. Your body makes turds because it has used everything it can from the food source. Anyone that has juiced will tell you the pulp they throw out (or use as compost) begins to decompose very quickly. If it was in your intestines, it would be creating GAS and a very fiberous TURD. Some people save the pulp and make homemade crackers. To each their own! I throw mine away.

I take in over 2,000 calories per day. Don't believe everything you read about juicing. Many people don't do it correctly. Check with your doctor first.

P.S.S. I don't give a *kitten* what other people think about my juicing. Unless your name is followed by "M.D." - shut it!

Wow, glad you're feeling awesome, juicing makes me feel completely brand new!!!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Do you have anything to back up your claims of stupidity? You do realize she's not talking about living on just apple and orange juice, right?

I don't think there's any need to offend anyone. Aside from the fact this user works in a field related to medicine, whether or not she is right, your question can be asked in a different way. This type of things make moderators lock threads.

She calls the OP, or at least the OP's plan "stupidity" and you think my reply was the offensive post?? Or perhaps not , since you deleted the post to which I replied. (BTW - I work in healthcare too. Doesn't make me an expert on juicing)
  • YassSpartan
    Options

Apple seeds are safe though :laugh: and unless you get a 3 power horse blender that can turn seeds into dust, they won't get in the juice :wink:
  • eolivero
    Options

P.S.S. I don't give a *kitten* what other people think about my juicing. Unless your name is followed by "M.D." - shut it!

you're quite bitter aren't you? chill - contrary to what you believe the world isnt against you.

Not bitter in the slightest, and not trying to win the world over either.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    When I can juice a bowl of pasta then I am down for it...until then, I have spinach tortelini on the menu tonight and I am not missing out on that!
  • Gods_Flower
    Options
    :tongue: WEL, THIS WENT WELL:laugh: THANKS FOR ALL THE THOUGHTS:bigsmile:
  • imdelishus
    imdelishus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess as long as you do the research and a doc okays it...
  • 139pilotwife
    139pilotwife Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Bump. Want to check out the video tomorrow.
  • YassSpartan
    Options
    She calls the OP, or at least the OP's plan "stupidity" and you think my reply was the offensive post?? Or perhaps not , since you deleted the post to which I replied. (BTW - I work in healthcare too. Doesn't make me an expert on juicing)

Correction, I'm not a moderator, I cannot delete any posts :bigsmile: unfortunately I don't have that power.

She didn't call the OP stupid, maybe the juicing for 60 days, which it is stupid if not done properly. And like I said, it make sense since you should know that people do crazy stuff, and if you have seen the movie, you'll know they don't give any recipes for the juices, they only make emphasis that it was supervised by doctors. And chill out, we're having a debate not an argument :tongue:
  • eolivero
    Options

Tomorrow will be 40 DAYS. After we are done with our 60 DAYS we will be following a Paleo Lifestyle. Notice I didn't call it a DIET. Being healthy is a lifestyle - not a passing phase.
  • Gods_Flower
    Options
    To each their own. What I find funny in reading through the posts there are not near as many negative comments as there would have been had you not mentioned it in the original post :) I cannot for my life figure out why people believe that they are so superior and that people are going to bend to their badgering on these forums! Good luck with your journey and stay healthy :)

people=opinions, which I completely understand, but I've actually tried it before and it worked for me, honestly, not for everyone, do I believe that people should incorporate juicing into their lives, absolutely. Thanks :happy:
  • Gods_Flower
    Options

Tomorrow will be 40 DAYS. After we are done with our 60 DAYS we will be following a Paleo Lifestyle. Notice I didn't call it a DIET. Being healthy is a lifestyle - not a passing phase.

your right, and I hate the word diet, anything that has die in it I wouldn't trust, lol :laugh:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Then what do you call your passing phase of juicing?
  • MHackrott
    MHackrott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You have the PERFECT attitude and thinking! You have to make a commitment to a lifestyle change that involves healthy eating and exercise diets are temporary and when you quit dieting the weight comes back!
  • Gods_Flower
    Options
    You have the PERFECT attitude and thinking! You have to make a commitment to a lifestyle change that involves healthy eating and exercise diets are temporary and when you quit dieting the weight comes back!

gee, :blushing: thanks:bigsmile: lol, but you're right, it definitely is a lifestyle change, I am understanding that educating myself is crucial in all aspects. :wink:
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options

Then what do you call your passing phase of juicing?

Fasting. Dur.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Correction, I'm not a moderator, I cannot delete any posts :bigsmile: unfortunately I don't have that power.

She didn't call the OP stupid, maybe the juicing for 60 days, which it is stupid if not done properly. And like I said, it make sense since you should know that people do crazy stuff, and if you have seen the movie, you'll know they don't give any recipes for the juices, they only make emphasis that it was supervised by doctors. And chill out, we're having a debate not an argument :tongue:

I didn't say you were a moderator (??). I am chilled, but "stupidity" is not a word used in civil debates. However asking someone to back up a claim of "stupidity" is.
  • Gods_Flower
    Options
    Go for it :) I did it for 5 or 6 days and it worked like a charm. Day 2 and 3 were the worst. After that things got better. Of course, my plan was to do it for a week only. As long as you make sure to include a variety of fruits and veggies to keep a balanced amount of nutrients. The key factor is, ALWAYS make sure you're getting the nutrients your body needs.

Check out the books Ultimate Juicing and Green for Life. The kindle version is cheaper (you don't need a kindle, you can download the apps for PC, MAC, Android, and iPhone or iPad). They have plenty of recipes, and the Ultimate Juicing has a simple table with the nutrients each fruits and veggie has plus how much it has for each of them.

Good luck :)

THANK YOU:bigsmile: