Why so much hate?

Options
123457»

Replies

• MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    To the best of my knowledge, he has never misled anyone to believe that he is LL Cool J. He is inspired by LL Cool J and that is commonly understood for most other people on the site.

I decided to change my pic to one that included a microphone. Perhaps that will help :smile:

:cry: :brokenheart: *sniffle*...I loved the old pic.

But this one shows more nipple :laugh:
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    To the best of my knowledge, he has never misled anyone to believe that he is LL Cool J. He is inspired by LL Cool J and that is commonly understood for most other people on the site.

I decided to change my pic to one that included a microphone. Perhaps that will help :smile:

You might just have a point there....Two to be exact! :devil:
  • MFPAddict
    Options

Do you have two points you wish to share?
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Sorry you got attacked. I thought it was funny. Just blow off the haters. They aren't worth the effort.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    the people that bothered to check my profile only did so with the intention to find material for criticism. An activity that happens on this site every single day. Disagree with someone, check their profile to find something to use against them.

You're not kidding about this. Someone posted a thread once about what to do if your 15-year-old daughter asks you for birth control pills. I referenced the famous Bill Cosby joke ("I brought you into this world, and I'll take you out."). And someone responded that I must think it's okay to kill your children because I'm from Texas. Excuse me, but WTF? There are some bored, crazy, humorless people on this site.

:huh: Like I said, some people seriously need a stick-ectomy...
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options

Do you have two points you wish to share?

Lol...I have two points but somehow I suspect sharing them would get me banned from mfp. :wink: :blushing:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I think if you post a joke thread in the "Chit Chat" section and you can take the plaudits if it goes well you should be able to take the trolling if it all goes Pete Tong.

Man up. If someone doesn't like it tell them to have a Coke and a smile and shut the *kitten* up.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I don't buy the idea that using hot-looking celebrity profile pics is only for motivation. My opinion. Feel free to disagree. It shows up on every post you make and people associate it with you, disclaimer or not. It is part of your identity on MFP. I could get a bunch of new friend requests simply by changing my profile pic to an attractive woman in a bikini. If you want motivation from a celebrity pic, hang his or her poster above your bed. Or not. Make your profile pic whatever you want. But claiming your intentions doesn't make you ignorant of easily-observed human behavior.

I'll believe the OP isn't trying to collect friends with his profile pic. I don't believe he is unaware of the effect his profile picture has. But I do admire the cunning skill he used with his cleavage thread. Gotta give him that.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think you like to dish it out but you can't take it. When you post something that provokes other members, what do you expect? Go cry somewhere else. I'd prefer this place not turn out like a youtube comment page.

Huh??? You're kidding, too, right??
  • MFPAddict
    Options
    I don't buy the idea that using hot-looking celebrity profile pics is only for motivation. My opinion. Feel free to disagree. It shows up on every post you make and people associate it with you, disclaimer or not. It is part of your identity on MFP. I could get a bunch of new friend requests simply by changing my profile pic to an attractive woman in a bikini. If you want motivation from a celebrity pic, hang his or her poster above your bed. Or not. Make your profile pic whatever you want. But claiming your intentions doesn't make you ignorant of easily-observed human behavior.

I'll believe the OP isn't trying to collect friends with his profile pic. I don't believe he is unaware of the effect his profile picture has. But I do admire the cunning skill he used with his cleavage thread. Gotta give him that.

I appreciate the fact that you expressed your opinion in a respectable manner. As someone else pointed out, Jillian Michaels is used for a profile picture by a ton of people. I doubt those members are accused of trying to misrepresent themselves. I changed my picture to one that includes a microphone, which I believe will cause people to think twice in the event they do not recognize the celebrity. The people on my list know I am not a collector, and that really is all that matters.
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    There is only one question that needs to be asked, and one answer that is already present.

Does it matter?

No.