Weight loss pills?

Options

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Who are you? NO ONE. you're not better than anyone else so stop judging, thats not for you to do and I never asked for your opinion and I dont know what you're smoking regarding your poo comments but you're insane. The sweet girl who asked about this said NO negative or judgemental comments so go post your own thread.

I am not insane. I am a daughter of a cancer survivor who taught me very well to eat healthy whole foods. I'm the daughter of a Dad who taught me to grow my own veggies (he's about to retire and start a new career as a personal trainer. I've been with the same guy for 17+ years, married for 11. I have an MBA and a successful career. I own 3 (yes 3) houses and run a side business renting out one of the homes to weekly vacation renters. I volunteer in my community to teach children at a local farm about nature, science, and growing their own food.

This is who I am.

I give back. I love. I am a good strong person. Now, I don't know who you are from a stranger on the street. What I do know is you know NOTHING ABOUT ME.

And based on your answer I'm pretty sure you are shallow.

Calling a good person in their community, a good daughter, a good wife, and a hard worker insane. How dare you.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options

So what your are saying it that I'm an utter moron that I can't loose any weight the natural way? Thanks, I really appreciate that. What's insulting is that you come off thinking that everyone is the same and can loose weight with just exercise and diet. Newsflash! That isn't always the case. You think I didn't try hard enough to loose weight before taking Alli? I tried for 3 friggin years, ate nothing but vegetables and grilled lean meat, and nothing happened. Why? Because I happen to lack some enzymes that help in processing lipids and therefore no weight loss for me. These pills have been helping me tremendously is the last 4 months. Please don't assume to know anything about why I or anyone else for that matter choose to take pills and insult us just because you have the fortune of loosing weight the natural way.

First, I didn't say you were a moron who can't lose weight the "natural" way. I said it's ridiculous to come on here and ask about diet pills when this website is about living a healthy lifestyle, not abusing your body or buying into fads. I also didn't say I think everyone is the same, but if you prefer to be defensive instead of take in the wealth of information on this site, go ahead. You're only hurting yourself.

If you happen to "lack some enzymes" GO TO A DOCTOR. Don't come here because no one can help you with that and no one can tell you what diet pill they think your doctor will put you on, that's absurd.

You just sound like you're making excuses. Maybe try logging for a prolonged period of time to see if you truly are eating what you say you are.

Please stop being ridiculous. I've been to doctors, you think this wasn't my first course of action? I'm not stupid to just buy into a fad or anything that is out there. I log in nearly every day and record what I eat, and the only time I've seen success is when being on a healthy diet with this pill. My problem with you is that you are lumping us all in. And yes, you really are. You are essentially calling us stupid for being incapable of loosing weight...like there is only one true path to it.

I agree that there are some people who are looking for just a quick fix, but some of us, really need the extra help. I'm all for healthy lifestyle and holistic approach to better oneself, but like I said it doesn't always work. So just stop

If you've been to the doctor then why are you here? What advice will someone here give you that's any more beneficial than what your doctor said?

You sound full of it. No one is going to let you make excuses here. If your doctor is fine with you taking "this diet pill" then why do you need advice on what diet pill to take?

I never said I needed advice. I was responding to a question someone asked about personal experience with diet pills. I'm not making excuses, you know nothing about my medical history, so stop saying that I make excuses. Like I said, I'm just sharing my personal experience.

And what, just because something is working for me for the first time, I'm not allowed on the message boards or to comment? Seriously, get off your high horse.
  • leanmachinedream
    Options

So what your are saying it that I'm an utter moron that I can't loose any weight the natural way? Thanks, I really appreciate that. What's insulting is that you come off thinking that everyone is the same and can loose weight with just exercise and diet. Newsflash! That isn't always the case. You think I didn't try hard enough to loose weight before taking Alli? I tried for 3 friggin years, ate nothing but vegetables and grilled lean meat, and nothing happened. Why? Because I happen to lack some enzymes that help in processing lipids and therefore no weight loss for me. These pills have been helping me tremendously is the last 4 months. Please don't assume to know anything about why I or anyone else for that matter choose to take pills and insult us just because you have the fortune of loosing weight the natural way.

First, I didn't say you were a moron who can't lose weight the "natural" way. I said it's ridiculous to come on here and ask about diet pills when this website is about living a healthy lifestyle, not abusing your body or buying into fads. I also didn't say I think everyone is the same, but if you prefer to be defensive instead of take in the wealth of information on this site, go ahead. You're only hurting yourself.

If you happen to "lack some enzymes" GO TO A DOCTOR. Don't come here because no one can help you with that and no one can tell you what diet pill they think your doctor will put you on, that's absurd.

You just sound like you're making excuses. Maybe try logging for a prolonged period of time to see if you truly are eating what you say you are.

Please stop being ridiculous. I've been to doctors, you think this wasn't my first course of action? I'm not stupid to just buy into a fad or anything that is out there. I log in nearly every day and record what I eat, and the only time I've seen success is when being on a healthy diet with this pill. My problem with you is that you are lumping us all in. And yes, you really are. You are essentially calling us stupid for being incapable of loosing weight...like there is only one true path to it.

I agree that there are some people who are looking for just a quick fix, but some of us, really need the extra help. I'm all for healthy lifestyle and holistic approach to better oneself, but like I said it doesn't always work. So just stop

If you've been to the doctor then why are you here? What advice will someone here give you that's any more beneficial than what your doctor said?

You sound full of it. No one is going to let you make excuses here. If your doctor is fine with you taking "this diet pill" then why do you need advice on what diet pill to take?

I never said I needed advice. I was responding to a question someone asked about personal experience with diet pills. I'm not making excuses, you know nothing about my medical history, so stop saying that I make excuses. Like I said, I'm just sharing my personal experience.

And what, just because something is working for me for the first time, I'm not allowed on the message boards or to comment? Seriously, get off your high horse.

I enjoy my high horse. I like the wind in my hair and stepping on the little people with iron hooves.

And no, you really shouldn't be allowed to discuss diet pills here. It's pointless. No one here will condone it and if you "need" them due to medical reasons then no one here can help you with that, either.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    You're trolling, right? There's no way you can be serious. Saying "no negative comments" preceding a very misinformed, borderline inappropriate post, doesn't thwart negative comments.

Clearly you haven't read ANYTHING about Alli because the "poo" comments are true. If you eat the wrong food on Alli you soil yourself. I don't think anyone here thinks they're better than anyone else but if you're going to lose weight do it right, don't be stupid and take diet pills and then go on a site THAT IS TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE BECOME HEALTHIER VERSIONS OF THEMSELVES and ask about diet pills.

You know the best way to avoid negative comments?
    Don't post.

Thank you, I appreciate you defending me.
  • leanmachinedream
    Options

I am not insane. I am a daughter of a cancer survivor who taught me very well to eat healthy whole foods. I'm the daughter of a Dad who taught me to grow my own veggies (he's about to retire and start a new career as a personal trainer. I've been with the same guy for 17+ years, married for 11. I have an MBA and a successful career. I own 3 (yes 3) houses and run a side business renting out one of the homes to weekly vacation renters. I volunteer in my community to teach children at a local farm about nature, science, and growing their own food.

This is who I am.

I give back. I love. I am a good strong person. Now, I don't know who you are from a stranger on the street. What I do know is you know NOTHING ABOUT ME.

And based on your answer I'm pretty sure you are shallow.

Calling a good person in their community, a good daughter, a good wife, and a hard worker insane. How dare you.

It's okay. You're a wonderful person. These people are probably just going through withdrawals because they haven't had their magic weight loss pills today so now they're angry and lashing out at the world.
  • jkchavez
    Options
    Hello just wanted to say dang people can be so harsh its a simple question people relax. Anyhow just thought Id share that I have tried diet pills in the past and let me tell you they did work great, but the down side is once I stopped taking them I gained the weight back plus a few more pounds. So I guess it just depends on the person. I think they can be of help but we also need to learn to control what we eat . The pill I took is called Phentermine. I stopped taking them when my Dr told me they are practically the same thing as taking street drugs just that the Phentermine pill is in a regulated dose prescribed by Dr.s? Go figure. i hope you got the help and answers you wanted from your post.. =)
  • Onesnap
    Options

It's okay. You're a wonderful person. These people are probably just going through withdrawals because they haven't had their magic weight loss pills today so now they're angry and lashing out at the world.

Darn straight I'm awesome. Anyone in my shoes--watching their Mom fight breast cancer for TWO YEARS is bound to be awesome. Not only awesome, but understanding how important it is to give back in their communities. I think I know a thing or two about eating well and taking care of myself.
  • jkchavez
    Options
    They are probably just hungry!! lol
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I use slimquick. Mainly because it acts more as a water pill. Reduces my water retention, equalizes my hormones, gives me more energy....etc. I love it!!
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    there are a couple of supplements that I have used that helped me. One is called L2, you only take it for a week and it basically sucks water out of you. It is only designed to make weight, bodybuilders and boxers usually would use something like this for a fight or a show. Another one I have used is called D4 Thermal Shock. Its a thermogenic that you take for like a month, all it does is increase your heart rate throughout the day, basically a caffeine pill more or less. I have found that it helped me to lose weight but for the most part I can still just lose it by exercising and eating right. Hope that helped.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Why would you come here to ask for advice on weight loss pills? This isn't a site for gimmick diet programs or pills that are the equivalent to legal speed or caopectate.

Eat healthy, work out, drink water, lose weight. It's surprisingly affective to not destroy your body.

Way to be negative. I've tried for 3 yrs to loose weight doing this and barely lost 20lbs for that time. Some people need a little extra help that is not as drastic as surgery.

Do you have a calorie deficit? Is it large enough for weight loss? Do you exercise? Do you exercise correctly? If the answer to these questions is yes then there is no-one on the planet who would have only lost 20lbs in 3 years. I'd review what you're doing :flowerforyou:

No calorie deficit, yes to working out, frequently and correctly. Turned out to be a "medical" problem. Treatment barely worked, so when my doctor suggested I try Alli, and it did help, I'm really kind of happy about my progress so far.

Thanks for the suggestions.

You do realize part of weight loss is a calorie deficit, so if you have no deficit you have no weight loss..right? A pill won't help that.

Calorie deficit to the point of starving yourself...its ok it logic escapes you
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    OMG - FIRST OF ALL, you went on a rant about poop and how you have light leather seats and poop will get all over it- that is not a KIND AND NORMAL thing to say to someone, ehm that YOU dont even know. So do not play the nice card and try to act like you are an innocent victim, you're the one who came on here attacking and being extremlely critical.

Guess what- I TOO am a daughter of a cancer survivor, my dad had cancer TWICE, both 3-4 years at a time throughout his life a very awful road and he also had a triple bypass heart surgery due to the effect of radiation and chemo ruining valves/arteries around his heart. I TOO struggle with a disease. I too am a successful career woman with a MA degree. So dont sit here throwing out your past and your accomplishments like you are holier than thou because you are not. I was simply defending hte lady who posted this and you attacked.

Oh and in case you're fooling others; STOP SENDING ME HATEFUL MEAN private messages, I blocked you and will report you if you continue. this was simply a thread where someone was asking for an opinion so leave me be.

Darn straight I'm awesome. Anyone in my shoes--watching their Mom fight breast cancer for TWO YEARS is bound to be awesome. Not only awesome, but understanding how important it is to give back in their communities. I think I know a thing or two about eating well and taking care of myself.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    About 6 years ago some Quack Dr. gave me an anti-seizure prescription because patients on it lost weight. :grumble: Back then I never used my brains when it came to weight loss. I only wanted a quick fix. I have been on phentermine and thought I was going to die of exhaustion because I could not sleep (how is that stuff still legal?) and many other things. Diet and exercise works, period. Slow and healthy works.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Why would you come here to ask for advice on weight loss pills? This isn't a site for gimmick diet programs or pills that are the equivalent to legal speed or caopectate.

Eat healthy, work out, drink water, lose weight. It's surprisingly affective to not destroy your body.

Way to be negative. I've tried for 3 yrs to loose weight doing this and barely lost 20lbs for that time. Some people need a little extra help that is not as drastic as surgery.

Do you have a calorie deficit? Is it large enough for weight loss? Do you exercise? Do you exercise correctly? If the answer to these questions is yes then there is no-one on the planet who would have only lost 20lbs in 3 years. I'd review what you're doing :flowerforyou:

No calorie deficit, yes to working out, frequently and correctly. Turned out to be a "medical" problem. Treatment barely worked, so when my doctor suggested I try Alli, and it did help, I'm really kind of happy about my progress so far.

Thanks for the suggestions.

You do realize part of weight loss is a calorie deficit, so if you have no deficit you have no weight loss..right? A pill won't help that.

Calorie deficit to the point of starving yourself...its ok it logic escapes you

:huh:
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My favorite pill that I like that I have used with DIET and EXERCISE is Nutrex Research LIPO 6 Black, Hers, Black-Caps. Suppressed my hunger and gave me the energy I needed to work out in the mornings.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    It depends on what kind of "pills". There are pills like LipoFuze, Xenadrine, etc. And then there are natural supplements that help aide with weight loss. Big difference.

I take CLA (which is basically safflower oil), L-Carntine and PGX. None of these are harmful or used as a quick fix.
    And from my experience taking CLA and L-Carnitine and the reviews I have read, they seem to work well. I have only been using PGX for a week now. I'll see on Sundays weigh in if that works well. :)

There is also Chromium, Zinc, Green Tea, Fish Oil and Vitamin C.
  • StargirlHeuser
    StargirlHeuser Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Drinking at least four cups of green tea per day has been shown to increase fat oxidation. Plus there are loads of other benefits. Just don't add too much sugar (I use one packet of truvia to sweeten) and a flavored green tea will work if you don't like the taste. Just make sure it actually has "green tea" in the ingredients, because herbal "tea" does not have the same benefits as it it does not have any tea leaves in it.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Alli works good !!

isn't that supposed to be used in combination WITH a diet and exercise program? And isn't it only recommended for people with some other medical issue like severe high blood pressure or heart problems that limit their cardio abilities?

I have read tons of really BAD reviews about ALLI. Apparently many people have actually pooped themselves because of taking this. Not to mention the goo that comes out of your butt. No thanks!
  • kelley4123
    kelley4123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I went to the national slimming clinic about 10years ago, I was taking phentermine and dylethelpropion (dont know how to spell it), it worked really well and got down to a satifactory weight which I managed to maintain for 7 years(was only on them about 9months). I even managed to losemore than a stone while off them! went from 9.6 stone on them to 8.1 stone with just hard work and eating right. They worked but you have to be really strict with yourself. Recently my friend was on them through nsc and lost a ton of weight but when she came off them she didnt continue potion control, healthy options or exercise and put it all and more back on! be carefull! hope this helps.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I was only defending myself.

I'm not better than anyone on here. We're all here for a reason.

I was only defending myself to a woman in this forum on this post that called me "insane"

The person asked me who I thought I was saying those things. Other posters responded that Alli does make the user poop themselves if they eat the wrong foods. That's scientifically speaking how the drug works. It makes bad fatty stuff pass through the system. That is a fact, it's how it works.

I'm anything but insane. I was not sending you a mean message, I was just cutting and pasting my response.

Sorry!
This discussion has been closed.