Weight loss pills?

Options

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Why would you come here to ask for advice on weight loss pills? This isn't a site for gimmick diet programs or pills that are the equivalent to legal speed or caopectate.

Eat healthy, work out, drink water, lose weight. It's surprisingly affective to not destroy your body.

Way to be negative. I've tried for 3 yrs to loose weight doing this and barely lost 20lbs for that time. Some people need a little extra help that is not as drastic as surgery.

Do you have a calorie deficit? Is it large enough for weight loss? Do you exercise? Do you exercise correctly? If the answer to these questions is yes then there is no-one on the planet who would have only lost 20lbs in 3 years. I'd review what you're doing :flowerforyou:

No calorie deficit, yes to working out, frequently and correctly. Turned out to be a "medical" problem. Treatment barely worked, so when my doctor suggested I try Alli, and it did help, I'm really kind of happy about my progress so far.

Thanks for the suggestions.

You do realize part of weight loss is a calorie deficit, so if you have no deficit you have no weight loss..right? A pill won't help that.

Calorie deficit to the point of starving yourself...its ok it logic escapes you

Hi there - no beef from me, I promise, I was just catching up on the thread and this comment really confused me, could you explain what you are talking about with this last 'starving yourself' comment? I honestly don't understand what that comment is supposed to be referring to.

*back into lurkerdom*
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Ephedrine and caffeine also known as the EC stack. Before someones says you will die. Do your research before you speak. Yohimbe HCI works well too.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Why would you come here to ask for advice on weight loss pills? This isn't a site for gimmick diet programs or pills that are the equivalent to legal speed or caopectate.

Eat healthy, work out, drink water, lose weight. It's surprisingly affective to not destroy your body.

Way to be negative. I've tried for 3 yrs to loose weight doing this and barely lost 20lbs for that time. Some people need a little extra help that is not as drastic as surgery.

Do you have a calorie deficit? Is it large enough for weight loss? Do you exercise? Do you exercise correctly? If the answer to these questions is yes then there is no-one on the planet who would have only lost 20lbs in 3 years. I'd review what you're doing :flowerforyou:

No calorie deficit, yes to working out, frequently and correctly. Turned out to be a "medical" problem. Treatment barely worked, so when my doctor suggested I try Alli, and it did help, I'm really kind of happy about my progress so far.

Thanks for the suggestions.

You do realize part of weight loss is a calorie deficit, so if you have no deficit you have no weight loss..right? A pill won't help that.

Calorie deficit to the point of starving yourself...its ok it logic escapes you

Hi there - no beef from me, I promise, I was just catching up on the thread and this comment really confused me, could you explain what you are talking about with this last 'starving yourself' comment? I honestly don't understand what that comment is supposed to be referring to.

*back into lurkerdom*

Hi, I think I see what confused people. What I mean to write was "no calorie deficit to the point of starvation" meaning I am eating the recommended calories for weight loss without starving myself. I might have been typing too fast or distracted and did not check before submitting. Thanks to bring this to my attention
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    For all the haters on here:

http://www.poopreport.com/Consumer/alli_side_effects.html

(yep, it's a website called the Poop Report). Discussing Alli side effects!
  • mhar_s
    Options
    Alli works good???

Any pill that requires me to carry around an extra pair of pants due to anal leakage is NOT good for your body.

Alli works good, but is not magical. People have to make a compromise and reduce fat consumption. If its combined with greasy food like hamburgers and fries, yes, it's going to be uncomfortable and disgusting. But instructions are pretty clear ;-).

Anyway, it's just a little help, absolutely useless if changes in life style are not involved.
  • AntWrig
    Options
    Alli works good???

Any pill that requires me to carry around an extra pair of pants due to anal leakage is NOT good for your body.

Alli works good, but is not magical. People have to make a compromise and reduce fat consumption. If its combined with greasy food like hamburgers and fries, yes, it's going to be uncomfortable and disgusting. But instructions are pretty clear ;-).

Anyway, it's just a little help, absolutely useless if changes in life style are not involved.
    A weight loss pill should increase the metabolic rate and decrease hunger. It should not allow one to poop out bad choices. The goal here is to have self control and yes manage one's caloric intake. Pooping your choices out is no different then eating and throwing the food right back up.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I'm not condoning any pill use, but my girlfriend did the japanese diet pill and she lost about 30 pounds....BUT stay by a toilet because it makes you poop like crazy....not diarrhea, jsut poop in general
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I'm not condoning any pill use, but my girlfriend did the japanese diet pill and she lost about 30 pounds....BUT stay by a toilet because it makes you poop like crazy....not diarrhea, jsut poop in general

People that take laxatives daily to avoid gaining weight have an actual eating disorder treated as such by doctors. How is taking a 'diet pill' that makes you leak an oily poo, or take lots of regular bowel movements not considered the same behavior?
  • Onesnap
    Options
    From the site I posted above:

Website Bulls*it (WSBS). You may get:

gas with oily spotting,
    loose stools
    more frequent stools that may be hard to control

No Bulls*it Translation. The following things will happen to you:

You will spray oil when you fart
    You will have diarrhoea
    You will be s*itting constantly and you will lose control of your bowels to the point where you **** your pants

WSBS: "The excess fat that passes out of your body is not harmful. In fact, you may recognize it as something that looks like the oil on top of a pizza."

No BS: Oh dear god. Pizza is one of my favorite foods and these evil ****s have done their best to turn me off it for life. It will be very hard to look at a pizza again without wondering if someone on this drug has taken a s*it on it.

WSBS: "Eating a low-fat diet lowers the chance of these bowel changes." (my emphasis)

No BS: Even if you do cut back on fat, you're still going to s*it oil.

WSBS: "...pick a day to begin taking alli, such as a weekend day so you can stay close to home if you experience a treatment effect."

No BS: Do not go out in public after taking this drug. You are going to s*it yourself. Stay close to a toilet.

WSBS: "If you're getting ready to travel or attend a social event, hold off on starting with alli until the event is over."

No BS: Don't say you weren't warned. You are seriously going to s*it yourself.

WSBS: "You may not usually get gassy, but it's a possibility when you take alli. The bathroom is really the best place to go when that happens."

No BS: You're old life is over. Forget what you think you know about your body. You are going to fart uncontrollably. And there will be follow-through. This is not going to be something you want to share.

And my absolute favorite (which is to say, the part of the website that horrifies me most):

WSBS: "You may feel an urgent need to go to the bathroom. Until you have a sense of any treatment effects, it's probably a smart idea to wear dark pants, and bring a change of clothes with you to work."
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options

People that take laxatives daily to avoid gaining weight have an actual eating disorder treated as such by doctors. How is taking a 'diet pill' that makes you leak an oily poo, or take lots of regular bowel movements not considered the same behavior?
    Well, since laxatives come in a form of a pill, and shes asking about pills, i guess i can say you can take laxatives as well to lose weight, as onesnap has suggested. Am i condoning it? No.....have i done it? yes....WARNING:If you are psychologically unstable to take laxatives, with the fear of becoming dependent, you should avoid use
  • AntWrig
    Options

Well said!
  • Onesnap
    Options

Well said!

Thanks!
  • m615dan
    Options
    I didn't read all the comments, wayyy too many. Anyways, I have personally used OxyElite Pro for over a year and I have also tried Recreate. Both are by a company called prolab. I recently stopped using OEP because I found out one of the ingredients is under review and they think it was the cause of two healthy Army soldiers death. I like Recreate though and it does not have the ingredient in it. Anyway, there is no pill that is going to make you thin.
  • leamatthew
    Options
    Im on xenical aka alli, double strength........as for snail trails, ****ting myself or any anal leakage, you only get that if u eat lots of fat, ive been on them for 10 months and lost 76lbs, with none of the side effects stated in the other replys might i add..
  • AntWrig
    Options
    I didn't read all the comments, wayyy too many. Anyways, I have personally used OxyElite Pro for over a year and I have also tried Recreate. Both are by a company called prolab. I recently stopped using OEP because I found out one of the ingredients is under review and they think it was the cause of two healthy Army soldiers death. I like Recreate though and it does not have the ingredient in it. Anyway, there is no pill that is going to make you thin.
    Those soldiers used the pill incorrectly. If I took a Ferrari and crashed it into a one at 100mph would you stop buying cars? Of course not, so why apply the same logic to supplements? This is why Ephedra was banned. People used the product wrong and they died. Warning labels are put on products for a reason.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    I thought with ephedra you were supposed to measure your doseage by how many pills you could fit into your palm and mouth at one time? :P
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I thought with ephedra you were supposed to measure your doseage by how many pills you could fit into your palm and mouth at one time? :P

You are the best person I've met on this site in a while. Feel free to friend me. :)
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

I loved oxyelite pro, great pill
  • Onesnap
    Options
    Next time I have something fatty (and log every bite) I don't want to risk having side effects because I made something tasty, logged it post workout, and moved on. I love life and food too much to do weird things to my body with chemicals or something approved by the FDA.
  • AntWrig
    Options
    Hah! many people would have you believe that. FYI, the highest documented amount taken at one time is 14 25mg pills. Yes the person lived....

Tests have been run on women with 3 dosages of 25mg with no problems.
This discussion has been closed.