Weight loss pills?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Once you stop taking the weight loss pills you will gain all the weight back that your have lost!! Waste of money.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I have the perfect solution for you and I - if we just read a bunch of the nastier posts on here we'll get nauseous, vomit, and create a calorie deficit. Then we won't need any pills. So kind of folks to help us out with our weight loss that way.

People can be so mean :ohwell:
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I thought with ephedra you were supposed to measure your doseage by how many pills you could fit into your palm and mouth at one time? :P
    Hah! many people would have you believe that. FYI, the highest documented amount taken at one time is 14 25mg pills. Yes the person lived....

Tests have been run on women with 3 dosages of 25mg with no problems.
    Honestly, if ephedra was legal, I would probably take it.....I take energy drinks, so why not herbs for the same effect? But then again I'm not a junkie and I wouldn't use it to get a "tweaker" result....I would use it to get an extra boost so i have the energy to work out(I work three jobs)....all in all pills might work for some and not others, but on every bottle it says to use with diet and exercise....so do your part of the deaql and get mopving and eat less.
    I used to take this pill, as well as my mom and dad did, called Up Your Gas...I don't know if its still around but it really did give lots of energy.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    People can be so mean :ohwell:

Some people are trying to be helpful but don't come off as being very nice in print. But even some of the ones that may seem to be, at first glance, rude, really are trying to just give it to you straight.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Once you stop taking the weight loss pills you will gain all the weight back that your have lost!! Waste of money.

Please stop! This is totally not true.
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Why would you come here to ask for advice on weight loss pills? This isn't a site for gimmick diet programs or pills that are the equivalent to legal speed or caopectate.

Eat healthy, work out, drink water, lose weight. It's surprisingly affective to not destroy your body.

Wasnt the FIRST THING SHE SAID

Just out of curiosity, PLEASE NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS THIS IS JUST A QUESTION !!!!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

I think that depends on what the person is using and whether they have a sustainable plan in place to maintain the weightloss.
  • shannonmelek
    shannonmelek Posts: 34 Member
    Options

So we should all just lie and say it works wonders so that there is no negative comments? If the OP did not want honest answers (be it positive or negative) she should not ask for peoples opinions.... Diet pills don't work!

No, don't lie. But if she's asking for experiences of persons who have tried said pills, then share the experience. If you have not tried the pills, do not post that you think they are evil. If you have tried the pills and you found them evil, share that. If they worked, shared that. The point is to answer the question in a helpful manner, not beat her over the head with morals and beliefs.

thank you
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

I think that depends on what the person is using and whether they have a sustainable plan in place to maintain the weightloss.
    Her statement is false. This is what she should have said. If you're using weight loss pills to cover up an over consumption of calories, you will gain weight. However, if used in conjunction with a smart and ADAPTIVE nutrition program, the user will not rebound.
  • froggzy1015
    froggzy1015 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    MFP, Lifestyle change. Works wonders! The safe and effective way.
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    ALW65 I love your profile picture with your dog... Looks almost exactly like my Lucky boy (RIP)... Only yours clearly has both eyes and isn't sick with 3 types of lymphoma.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    MFP, Lifestyle change. Works wonders! The safe and effective way.

TRUE!
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    In my younger days, yes i have used PLENTY of pills, Hydrocycut, trim spa, some pills the lady @ my job was selling, LOL, have nto tried Alli, have to agree, anal leakage did not sound attractive.....i recently was Prescribed, my a GP, anipaxs....it worked very well, too well lost 20lbs in the first month....they are so strong you can only take 90 days and have to be off of them 6 months...I was off of them after 30 days..it scared me that weight could come off that quick and all i did was sit @ my desk all day...barely eating....

to each their own, cant say NO DONT when i did.....
  • NavyWifeag
    NavyWifeag Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is pissing me off. No, I do not believe in diet pills alone, but they DO have their place with proper diet and exercise. I admire all of you out there who have bounds of energy and never get hungry. Bravo, you're better than me. I believe in supplements; some may give me a placebo effect, but hey it works. You DO need to change your lifestyle, but if you need a little help getting there I say, why not? Personally, I like hydroxycut before a workout. B12 is very helpful as well. I have seen a boost from thermogenics. They have helped me get through plateaus and slumps. Ephedrine was great till people misused it. You should ALWAYS follow the dosage and trust your gut. If it doesn't work don't use it. If it makes you feel funny don't use it. They're a tiny aid in an uphill battle that is going to be 95% you and changing your lifestyle. Don't bash people for trying everything they can to beat the fat. It's really hard and frustrating as we all know! This site has become less about support and more about self righteous *kitten*.
  • snaus70
    Options
    I have the perfect solution for you and I - if we just read a bunch of the nastier posts on here we'll get nauseous, vomit, and create a calorie deficit. Then we won't need any pills. So kind of folks to help us out with our weight loss that way.

Yes yes yes yes! Thank you!!:flowerforyou:
  • StephanieWhite17
    Options
    Well diet and exercise got me to a certain point after I had my daughter but I still wasn't happy with my body and the fact that I was working out everyday and was plateauing. Honestly nutritional cleansing worked for me and is working for me again after baby number 2. Since it is all organic and super-foods and NOT a diet but rather a lifestyle I find it keeps me healthy and helps me build lean muscle which in turn of course helps burn more fat! It is clean eating at it's finest since especially for busy people because it is convenient and healthy!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor.

Also please note

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.

AND

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

A question was asked and really didnt warrant a few of the responses it has received. I feel the thread has run it course and will lock to prevent any further belittling/abusive posts

Full list of guidelines http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

CatCrazy
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.