Couch to 5k Group - Starting Monday April 13th

Options

Replies

• SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Whoo hoo buddy...congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I am going to try it outside for the first time today....I am on week 4 day 1....I am excited to see what I can do....the trail I am going on is just under 2 miles each way so it's a good one to try out
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Today was my first run as a C25K graduate, and I made it for a whole 34 minutes!

Is that from cool runnings too?
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Today was my first run as a C25K graduate, and I made it for a whole 34 minutes!

Is that from cool runnings too?

The last week of the cool runnings' training is 30 minute/3 mile runs each day. I just wanted to keep going so I could make the 3 miles (because I am SLOW), so I am going to keep adding on each week to prepare for my 5K in June.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Did you see that you can buy a tshirt that has a couch with a potato and remote with like a ghostbusters slash on it - it's cute - maybe that will be my reward when I get there.....at 50 pounds I got an ipod, at 75 I am getting Bose headphones for it - I think the Tshirt will be a good reward too.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Went on week 5, run 2 late last night (approximately 10pm). I was planning to go earlier but work has been crazy hectic this week. I've been either at work or on the phone with work more than I have been at home, so running has been a reach thing. Luckily I still got it done though. I'm looking forward to this 20 minute run!

Also, signed up for a 1.5 mile run on the 2nd of june. Eek!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Finished day 1 of week 4 yesterday - did it outside - hills and all - WHEW it was tough with the hills....not much in speed but I didn't stop and I did it.
  • msarro
    Options
    Week 5 is in the bag! After running the mile and a half yesterday on hills, jogging 20 minutes on flat/downhill terrain was pretty much a cakewalk. I actually went for an extra minute until I decided that was enough. At the end of the path there's a 5 story set of stairs, and I didn't really want to hit that without at least some rest, lol. I ended up sprinting up the stairs because there were some creepy guys just standing at the bottom, and they gave me very, very not good vibes.
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    I'm new to these boards, but just finished w7d3 of c25k! I'm registered to run my first ever 5k on 6/6, which will actually work out to be w9d3 of the program!!! The run this morning was great. I usually run midday but it has been hot here this week, so I decided to get up and go. With two kids home all summer I need to try to figure out how to continue running while they are home with me...

msarro, congrats on losing 100lbs and for completing w5...you got past the 20 minute hump!!

215288.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • msarro
    Options
    Finished day 1 of week 4 yesterday - did it outside - hills and all - WHEW it was tough with the hills....not much in speed but I didn't stop and I did it.

Hills can be painful! Just keep at it. I've been trying to run as much flat/downhill as possible... I figure I can start stressing the ligaments a bit more once I hit the 30 minute mark :laugh:

Welcome to the c25k club fitat41! Why not try bringing the kids for a run? Orrr wait until they're asleep and go at night?
  • msarro
    Options
    This weekend was pretty awesome, though I ended up eating a bit more than I should have friday night. Sunday was spent hiking at Bushkill Falls, then yesterday I ended up going for a 9 mile hike. Sadly my feet were a little too blistered to go running yesterday, so I'm hoping they feel more up to it tonight.
  • msarro
    Options
    Well, week 6 day 1 is done, just in time to do week 6 day 2 about 8 hours later :laugh:

Oh well, I'll feel great once I get day 2 done and I can be back on schedule. The 6 day/week running schedule starts soon!
  • msarro
    Options
    The post so nice, MFP made it twice.
  • msarro
    Options
    Week six, day 3 is down in the books. It looks like smooth sailing from here on out :)
    Anyone else still doing the program??
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Completed w8d3 and then some! We are running for time, not so much distance, so we were going to stop at 28 minutes but felt good so we kept going. We did 3 miles in 31 minutes!!! Now we know we are definately ready for the 5k next Saturday.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Glad to see the group is still alive and kickin'! I've been busy working on improving the time for my first 5K on June 28!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Run like you stole it!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Finished wk 5 day 1 today - did it outside by the distance not the time.....it was tough....think I'll do it again before I move on....
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Anyone out there today??

I am up to week 5 day 3 - 2 miles???? How do we go from 3/4 mile spurts with 1/2 mile in between to 2 miles....I think today will be the time, I've been doing the distance and if I can do the time, I'll try it again with the distance....

Hope you all are doing well....
  • msarro
    Options
    Anyone out there today??

I am up to week 5 day 3 - 2 miles???? How do we go from 3/4 mile spurts with 1/2 mile in between to 2 miles....I think today will be the time, I've been doing the distance and if I can do the time, I'll try it again with the distance....

Hope you all are doing well....

Week 5 day 3 is a major psych out. You can totally do it - the big thing is pacing yourself. By now you can most likely do a slow jog for what feels like forever, so don't feel like you have to go fast. You don't :wink:

Get the time down, the speed will come later.

I just finished up week 7 day 1. Mostly uphill as well - woohoo!