Couch to 5k Group - Starting Monday April 13th

Options

Replies

• SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Went out a second time and forced myself up that dang hill. Then I made myself walk out the cooldown, and threw in an extra mile walk just to make sure my body knows it was bad and I will not put up with that hyperventilating thing again. :laugh:

I feel great that I set out to overcome what I couldn't do this morning, and I made it, with some extra to spare. I'm proud of me. Week 2, officially in the books.

Way to stick it out there...I am proud of you, too! :drinker:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Morning run was a bust, and I feel kinda down about it. My housemate chose a route where every run was on an uphill, and every walk was on a downhill. I ended up hyperventilating on the last interval with about 30 seconds left to go, and had to walk the rest. Now I have a darn headache :(

I'm going to do it again when I get home from work (barring any after hour calls, I'm on call this week). If I can make it I'll let myself graduate on to week 3, otherwise, I'm taking a mulligan on this week.

Poop.

No sweat man. We all have our days where the body rebels. Keep fighting the good fight and you'll be running 5k in no time eh?

:drinker:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Morning run was a bust, and I feel kinda down about it. My housemate chose a route where every run was on an uphill, and every walk was on a downhill. I ended up hyperventilating on the last interval with about 30 seconds left to go, and had to walk the rest. Now I have a darn headache :(

I'm going to do it again when I get home from work (barring any after hour calls, I'm on call this week). If I can make it I'll let myself graduate on to week 3, otherwise, I'm taking a mulligan on this week.

Poop.

Went out a second time and forced myself up that dang hill. Then I made myself walk out the cooldown, and threw in an extra mile walk just to make sure my body knows it was bad and I will not put up with that hyperventilating thing again. :laugh:

I feel great that I set out to overcome what I couldn't do this morning, and I made it, with some extra to spare. I'm proud of me. Week 2, officially in the books.

lol...Andrew read all the posts before posting. here I am telling you that you can do it and you already did! Way to go man!!!!!

• jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Bump :wink:
  • malmom
    malmom Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks Jamie - I'll try that now!
  • malmom
    Options
    Woo Hooo!!! Week 1 is in the books. I'm going to try W2D1 tomorrow, but suspect I may need to repeat W1. I'm loving the positive, encouraging stories on here...and hope to be joining ranks with these incredible weight loss results soon! Keep it up, all!
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Just finished week six and that last one was a toughy. Didnt feel like it but I dragged my butt out there and I am glad I did. Time for week 7!

happy running guys!:bigsmile:
  • malmom
    Options
    W2D1 done...I can do this.
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    W2D1 done...I can do this.
    Indeed you can!

Happy running everyone! off to work with me

• msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Week 3, day one down. The minute and a half runs don't seem to be too much of an issue anymore. I was surprised that even the 3 minute runs didn't hurt so bad. Before my lungs seemed to be the most painful part of running. Now, it seems like silly things hurt... like my right shoe seems slightly tight width wise (not the left), and my lower ribcage on the right side hurts. Kinda like a sidestitch sort of pain but not as pronounced. But my lungs don't hurt so much. So, progress is being made! :laugh:

For now I'm going to try to steer clear of hills until I hit week 10, so I can let my body get used to running on flatter ground. Or at least only doing smaller hills.
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Off to start week 9, 30 minutes of running...ooohhhhhhh:wink:
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Off to start week 9, 30 minutes of running...ooohhhhhhh:wink:

Back to report that I did it!! :love:
  • wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    week 2 is DONE!!!!!!! scared to start week 3. lol
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Bump
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Starting Week 7 this evening...can't wait to get outside!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I still cannot get past week one. :grumble: I absolutely cannot run past one minute.. .I tried for one minute thirty seconds running and nearly collapsed before I could even finish the thirty seconds!!! It was pretty horrible.

I'm not sure why it is that I can't seem to run more but whatever. I'll just stick to week one until I master it.

In other news I'm getting new running shoes today and am very excited!!!

Keep up the good work guys!!!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Week 7 Day 1 in the books...whoo hoo!

This week I wanted to push myself a little harder and focus on distance rather than time, so instead of the 25 minutes, I decided to run a 2.4 mile loop around a lake at the park near us. It took almost 29 minutes, but I did it!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

New to this thread, but not to C25K. I was doing walk/jog intervals on my own for a while then injured my back. Decided it was time to get back to it and Im in the middle of doing week 3 of the c25k.

Would love to join ya guys if you'll have me :smile:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I still cannot get past week one. :grumble: I absolutely cannot run past one minute.. .I tried for one minute thirty seconds running and nearly collapsed before I could even finish the thirty seconds!!! It was pretty horrible.

I'm not sure why it is that I can't seem to run more but whatever. I'll just stick to week one until I master it.

In other news I'm getting new running shoes today and am very excited!!!

Keep up the good work guys!!!!

Every time I run/walk/bike I walk by a local unitarian church, and on their window they have a big poster - "Fall down seven times. Get up eight."

Think about it :)

Was excited to go for a run today, but apparently I changed my alarm without remembering. So, my running buddy saw me asleep at 6am and figured we were running this afternoon, lol. So, I ended up not getting out of bed until around 8am this morning, which was nice to sleep in but I was kind of excited to run. On the upside it might be raining when I get home... I've heard running in the rain is quite the experience!
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    did day 1 week 5 this morning... it went ok... but i dont think i will be able do the 2 miles in 20 minutes in 2 running days... any suggestions? has anyone gotten through week 5? it just seems like such a quick change... im thinking of just repeating the first 2 days twice. thoughts?