"Making Out" at the YMCA..... kinda creepy.

Options

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    That is pretty sad. I remember it was so uncommon for a girl to be pregnant back when I was in school. I mean it happened of course, but not as often as it is happening now. Kids are just trying to grow up so fast these days. :indifferent:

What creeped me out bigtime was driving past my high school a few years ago and seeing a daycare facility. I thought at first it was for the faculty and staff, but turns out they put it in because the pregnancy rate among students was so high, girls were dropping out of school to care for their kids instead of finishing HS.

The pregnancy rate in that part of the state was 2x higher than the national average after they instated abstinance only education. Kinda tells ya somethin' there...
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    You know, even if you don't mind the general principle of the swapping, I don't see why anybody thinks it is fine to do at the YMCA.

Maybe it was just Valentine's Day. :smile:
  • _Kate_P
    _Kate_P Posts: 132
    Options
    keeps your heart rate up!!! lol :laugh: but obviously they were just inspecting each other's mouths to make sure no one was hiding any candy in there! ah-duh!!
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    That is pretty sad. I remember it was so uncommon for a girl to be pregnant back when I was in school. I mean it happened of course, but not as often as it is happening now. Kids are just trying to grow up so fast these days. :indifferent:

What creeped me out bigtime was driving past my high school a few years ago and seeing a daycare facility. I thought at first it was for the faculty and staff, but turns out they put it in because the pregnancy rate among students was so high, girls were dropping out of school to care for their kids instead of finishing HS.

The pregnancy rate in that part of the state was 2x higher than the national average after they instated abstinance only education. Kinda tells ya somethin' there...

I've done research on this. It's true. Abstinence only education doesn't work. If all a person is taught is to not have sex, and ISN'T taught what to do if they DO have sex, when sex rolls around, there's a higher chance of unprotected sex and thus a potentially higher rate of pregnancy. Even among those who take abstinence pledges, not all of them maintain abstinence. It's a strange continuum. All because some people thing teaching people ABOUT sex is going to make them WANT sex. If anything, learning how sex works and the consequences made people from my high school more choosy. Well...except for that one group of people. EVERY school has that group of people... -.-
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but every time I hear someone posts about "kids these days," I roll my eyes. People seem to have a very short memory. Anyone remember the 60's?. In the 1700's and 1800's, men used to regularly have affairs with their slaves and have children with them. The ancient Greeks and Romans used to have orgies on a regular basis.

Human Beings have been promiscuous since the beginning of time. Monogamy is not a biological construct. It's a construct of Judeo-Christian Values. So lets not pretend like it's magically only "kids these days" who are promiscuous.

Also, as an FYI, teen pregnancy is down close to 40% from 20 years ago.
    THIS. :happy:

Simma down, people. :laugh:
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Not surprised, especially since that news report about how they're funneling booze into their anuses and using vodka soaked tampons to get a quicker buzz

wait, what?!?!?!?! what happened to smoking a good ol' joint? its much more sanitary, too.

well i guess they'll have the experience they'll need if they get locked up

Regarding "vodka tampons":

http://www.snopes.com/risque/kinky/vodka.asp
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I think someone needs to take a listen to the lyrics of a certain 70's song... this isn't a new thing.
    And which one of those band members died of AID's???

The founder of the group....right?

The "Village People".....:drinker: minus one....

Just harmless fun - no big deal.....
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    And people wonder why there is so many teen pregnancies and kids dressing like they do nowadays. There is no respect for themselves or for others. Reality TV is so horrible these days. They think that is the real world and don't see how it is so wrong. Jersey Shore, The Real World, Teen Mom, all of it is so wrong and doesn't portray anything like it really is. There is no morals or work ethic in this new generation. They think everything will be handed to them and that mommy and daddy will help them out of any mess and give them anything they ask for. Certainly wasn't how I was raised.

Actually teen pregnancy rates are down. I think it's just the trashiness of (some) television sometimes makes it seem higher.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    That's pretty odd. don't they feel odd?

Well, apparently not! I mentioned this to a few folks today at the gym, and they said kids do stuff like that these days.

That's what's so scary. And they wonder why they end up on Maury Povich testing 20 guys to see who the daddy is; or why they have herpes and who from; why they may die of AIDS by the time they are 30; etc., etc., etc.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I think someone needs to take a listen to the lyrics of a certain 70's song... this isn't a new thing.

I'm sorry but if you think that HIV and STDs are a "punishment" for promiscuity then you really don't have a freaking clue. HIV is by far the highest in extremely poor countries in Africa, where it's often gotten because of a lack of education, access to education, or by rape victims as a consequence of being raped. Are all African people, especially the rape victims, *kitten*? HIV is a horrible, debilitating disease that destroys countries, communities, and families. Trying to make it anything else is stupid.

And for the record, people were having casual sex long before 1978, when HIV first started occurring in humans.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options

I'm sorry but if you think that HIV and STDs are a "punishment" for promiscuity then you really don't have a freaking clue. HIV is by far the highest in extremely poor countries in Africa, where it's often gotten because of a lack of education, access to education, or by rape victims as a consequence of being raped. Are all African people, especially the rape victims, *kitten*? HIV is a horrible, debilitating disease that destroys countries, communities, and families. Trying to make it anything else is stupid.

And for the record, people were having casual sex long before 1978, when HIV first started occurring in humans.
    Nobody's being punished.
    Nature just has a way of being cruel - very cruel.
    Nature doesn't ask why; it just is.

When people act against the laws of nature, bad things happen. The good have to suffer with the bad.
    Terrible; isn't it?
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options

Nobody's being punished.

When people act against the laws of nature, bad things happen. The good have to suffer with the bad.
    Terrible; isn't it?

:flowerforyou:

Let's turn that frown upside down, Mr. Grumpy Face.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options

Nobody's being punished.

Terrible; isn't it?
    Nature wants monogamy? So THAT'S how evolution works!

Uh...
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    chill... they were clearly practicing cpr.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    yeah i think its pretty sorry too, boys are always gonna be hormonal *kitten* dogs but when did girls start being that way too?? when i was a kid you were a SLUT if you did stuff like that

I feel bad for you... having no teenage sex hormones. That's what made teenage years so exciting... the crushes and *tingly* feelings :laugh:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    yeah i think its pretty sorry too, boys are always gonna be hormonal *kitten* dogs but when did girls start being that way too?? when i was a kid you were a SLUT if you did stuff like that

I feel bad for you... having no teenage sex hormones. That's what made teenage years so exciting... the crushes and *tingly* feelings :laugh:

haha.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options

HA!!! :laugh:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options

Yes!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options

Nobody's being punished.

Terrible; isn't it?

Thank goodness sarcasm makes you resistant to cooties...that is how I have survived
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    When I read it, I thought it was cute how the young kids were making out and basically being teenagers. Till I read about switching partners...they went from cute teenagers to filthy *kitten* in a mili second :(

"Filthy *kitten*"? Just because someone's lifestyle choices do not match your own does not give you an excuse to judge.

how does that not make them filthy *kitten*?

if it fits the definition whats wrong with calling it like it is? im sorry but the truth hurts.

They would have to charge to be a filthy *kitten*, right now they are just filthy sluts :)