Straight-forward Challenge - Next 7 Days Stay within Calorie

Options

Replies

• DLJ_77
    DLJ_77 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I managed to make it through Day 5, but it had it's rocky moments. I've had a rather rough week emotionally and started to crave McDonald's. I did cave for dinner and I had a small shamrock shake, medium fries and 4 chicken mcnuggets. This put me 390 over, so I let my dinner settle and I went to the gym. I got on an elliptical for 60-minutes, went 5.60 miles and burned 515 calories. Whew! I recovered! I have to admit, that the ONLY reason why I worked so hard at the gym was so that I would be successful in this challenge!

Did someone say Shamrock shake?

Perhaps "shamrock shake" should be treated as a dirty word...as soon as someone mentions one it's all over, lol. It was totally worth the hour on the elliptical ;)
  • kvreeken
    kvreeken Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    We'll it's day 6 for some day one for others to all good luck!

I was under by a few hundred yesterday even though my husband and I took our 11 year old out to her favorite Mexican restaurant (her sisters are in Chicago on a choir trip). I knew it was going to be a calorie challenge.....so what did I do? Planned, planned, planned.

I knew I was going to have a margarita and so much more so guess what I did? At 12 noon before ate lunch I went online checked the menu decided what I was going to eat then plugged it all in. All in all chips and salsa included I knew I was at 1000 just for dinner. So I ate a very light lunch, ran 4.5, miles, completed an hour Yoga Class at the Yoga Shelter then did a whirlwind clean on my house for an hour.

Today is going to be difficult because my husband and I are going to a friend of ours microbrewery for a tour with a group with beer tasting and pub fare. I'm a little nervouse but with some careful planning, another yoga class, taking the dog for a long walk, etc. I think I can do it!

I think DLJ_77 started something....i will add a twist to it. Finish this sentence. I would get up at 5:00am and run/walk as long as I could eat _________________!

Mine would be a big fat, marbly Delmonico Steak!

Go team!
  • Angel_Eyes1975
    Angel_Eyes1975 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    We'll it's day 6 for some day one for others to all good luck!

I was under by a few hundred yesterday even though my husband and I took our 11 year old out to her favorite Mexican restaurant (her sisters are in Chicago on a choir trip). I knew it was going to be a calorie challenge.....so what did I do? Planned, planned, planned.

I knew I was going to have a margarita and so much more so guess what I did? At 12 noon before ate lunch I went online checked the menu decided what I was going to eat then plugged it all in. All in all chips and salsa included I knew I was at 1000 just for dinner. So I ate a very light lunch, ran 4.5, miles, completed an hour Yoga Class at the Yoga Shelter then did a whirlwind clean on my house for an hour.

Today is going to be difficult because my husband and I are going to a friend of ours microbrewery for a tour with a group with beer tasting and pub fare. I'm a little nervouse but with some careful planning, another yoga class, taking the dog for a long walk, etc. I think I can do it!

I think DLJ_77 started something....i will add a twist to it. Finish this sentence. I would get up at 5:00am and run/walk as long as I could eat _________________!

Mine would be a big fat, marbly Delmonico Steak!

Go team!

I have only been here a few days but I am staying under my calories so I am all in for this as well..
    to answer the question above - nah I am not getting up at 5am for nothing no food or drink is worth my sleep lol but that steak sounds great I would be willing to scarafice breakfast and lunch lol
  • Just_Bethy
    Options
    Day 5!! Pretty sure I am under..not been well...so haven't done much of anything..not even eating! Should feel good by tomorrow though..Just the winter blues and old age!! lol Hope everyone is doing fabulous!!! :D
  • kvreeken
    Options
    Day 6 and I was under my calorie goal by 131 so I ate a homemade Nieman Marcus Chocolate Chip cookie which kept me still below by 10. Yum!

I wish all you day one members good luck on your last day and I will check-in the morning!
  • daviskaty22
    Options
    Heck yeah! I was also over on calories 5 of 7 days - ugh! I'm up for it; begins tomorrow - Sunday:happy:
  • DLJ_77
    Options
    I was under today as well! 6 for 6 so far! I've also planned out my food for the next couple of days, so I should be good to go! I have lost 3.4 pounds since Monday so it is definitely working for me:wink:
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Super goal. The weather here in Sydney has been uber random hot/cold/raiiiny/humid and it's supposed to be Summer.. In the last couple of weeks, I've gone over my calorie goal a few times. This challenge/goal is perfect but I'm starting today :)
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

Brie or just plain bread & butter, potato skins or chicken wings!

Today I burned just over 1000 calories & ate about 1900. I think I had about 400 to spare. It was actually good for a Saturday.
  • yag1630
    Options
    Count me in! I started running 5 km every other day to keep me going and I'm targeting to join a 5km marathon.:smile:
  • wranglerwomen
    wranglerwomen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was over calories the last 2 days. :( we have been on vacation and it's been hard to eat within my calories. Here's to hopping my last 2 days are under calories. starting to really get discouraged about counting calories and excerise and not seeing much weight loss. not sure what i am doing wrong but i know i can't go back to eating the way i was or i will be back at square one. :sad:
  • ATK57
    ATK57 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    If anyone is doing this challenge this week, I'm in! It will a rough week school wise for me, so I need motivation to stay under the limit! :)
  • kvreeken
    Options
    Well I made it! 7 days 7 under. Yeah! If you are just starting the challenge, good luck you can do anything for 7 days.

DLJ_77 and I were communicating the other day and I suggested we see how long you can go staying within your calorie range. 8. 9, 10 days......

If you finished the challenge successfully today let's see how long you can go. Just check in each day and tell us if you are in or out.

If you are out feel free to start again!!

Good luck!
  • blantonjm1
    blantonjm1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am in! This is my first week using MFP and I bombed majorly this week. thanks for the challenge. I will do my best.:smile:
  • leoma280
    Options
    I'm in! The weekends are my killers! :(

10030898.png
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I don't know how well I did-I ate 1513 and burned 681 calories. Im in for the next week if we're still doing it!
  • DLJ_77
    Options
    I made it all 7 days and I am definitely in to see how long I can keep the streak going:).
  • kvreeken
    Options
    Monday morning and I'm ready to take on whatever is thrown at me.... Day 8. Bring it!
  • DLJ_77
    Options
    Day 8 brought it and I responded with a TKO:)
  • PSGPolly
    PSGPolly Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Starting again since challenge still going. Did not do too well Fri, Sat, Sun. Monday back on track so Day 1 of 1- here's to a 7/7 :bigsmile: