What do you put in your oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    1/2 tbsp of peanut butter and 1 tbsp of agave or 1 pureed banana or 1/2 pureed banana & 1/2 cup pureed strawberries.
  • big_drake
    Options
    This morning it was a little brown sugar and a bunch of blueberries. I also like strawberries.
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm oatmeal...I just ate some a few seconds ago!!

I like a splash of milk, a tsp. of golden brown sugar, and strawberries.

Yum, sooo good.
  • alicia2601
    alicia2601 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like to use Smuckers reduced sugar strawberry spread in mine. Or dried cranberries.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I am not a "goatmeal" fan. But I squeeze it in here and there (today, actually). But can only gag it down with a little Splenda brown sugar.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Cocoa powder, bit of honey and some Nuts.
    Or I add 10 grain cereal and add Fresh mango and a bit of pureed strawberries
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    Nothing all that fancy. I cook my oatmeal in the micro with skim milk, add a tablespoon of raisins and a tablespoon of chopped walnuts, sprinkle with a LOT of cinnamon. Yum! It is a treat I look forward to every morning.
  • Lindacharp
    Options
    Have any of you made the protein pancake. It's made with oatmeal put through your ninja or whatever you use for chopping you make an oatmeal flour. I added flax, physsillium and ground chia seed. Mix it with egg white and fry it. Have it with light pancake syrup very tasty.

I like oatmeal with almost anything But never did add peanut butter going to have to try that.
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Brown sugar, cinnamon and banana or apple. Pretty standard :)
  • srmikes
    Options
    Frozen blueberries and crushed walnuts. That's all you need. It's amazing!
  • _Shelley_
    Options
    I cook mine on the stove with:
    -Half water, half unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    -1tbs Toasted wheat germ
    -Organic honey
    -Cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice

and then I top it was a really ripe banana! So good.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    I'm from the uk and a bit confused with some of the ingredients here! Is Splenda a sugar substitute? What are craisins? Cranberries?
    I would never think of adding eggs!! Or cheese! Some great ideas here!
    I have a handful of raisins with some syrup or some fresh fruit in the summer.
    These ideas have reminded me that I used to have cinnamon with apple.....must try that tomorrow!
    However you eat it enjoy your porridge!

You guessed right. Splenda is a sugar substitute (sucralose). Craisins are dried cranberries. Both are brand names
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Today's oatmeal: apple butter (no sugar added), cinnamon, and a bit of stevia.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I like dried cherries (tart ones) or cranberries, dried or fresh blueberries, almonds or walnuts, apples, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, milk or almond milk. And a tiny bit of salt.
  • JustLena75
    Options
    Peanut Butter and Cinnamon...
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Have any of you made the protein pancake. It's made with oatmeal put through your ninja or whatever you use for chopping you make an oatmeal flour. I added flax, physsillium and ground chia seed. Mix it with egg white and fry it. Have it with light pancake syrup very tasty.

I like oatmeal with almost anything But never did add peanut butter going to have to try that.

I make protein pancakes with oatmeal, low fat cottage cheese, egg whites, and cinnamon. I top the "pancake" with fresh blueberries that I melt in the microwave to make them syrupy. OMG soooo good!!!
  • noeys
    noeys Posts: 56
    Options
    Cinnamon, 1 Tbsp Trader joes peanut butter, and 1 tsp local honey. YUM!
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Nothing in it. Just water BUT, I put an over easy fried egg on top of it. Really good stuff/
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    Peanut Butter, Banana and Chia Seeds:heart:
  • Enzo42
    Enzo42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fresh cut habanero pepper and a pinch of salt