Just For Today

Options

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will coast until feeling better.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,353 Member
    Options
    For today I will focus on below quote because this is something I really need to remember:

"Change is not a bolt of lightning that arrives with a zap. It is a bridge built brick by brick, every day, with sweat and humility and slips. It is hard work, and slow work, but it can be thrilling to watch it take shape." — Sarah Hepola

Making progress I have not weighed in since Monday. Focus on actions and behaviors and the rest will come in time.
  • Jlynriley
    Jlynriley Posts: 4
    Options
    Just For Today: I will focus on the physical health aspect of my goal, instead of the visual.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will rest.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will enjoy the journey.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just for Today: I will stay off the ledge..
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I was feeling discouraged this morning, so I couldn't come up with a just for today thought. My brain fog has cleared and I will say that just for today I will keep trying.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will take a few more steps, eat a little more carefully, ride a little harder and have a lot more fun!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I was feeling discouraged this morning, so I couldn't come up with a just for today thought. My brain fog has cleared and I will say that just for today I will keep trying.
    Ahh..Kate:smooched: , you have no idea how much your 'Today' helped me to simplify putting my thoughts into words for my own 'Today'!

Just for Today: I will keep trying and have hope!
  • Peromei
    Peromei Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will have found this wonderful thread and realize how far I've come, and how far I can make it because I am worth it.
  • stellaluna72
    Options
    I absolutely loved what you wrote here. . . Somehow it does seem like I tell myself here and there this can't hurt and neither can that, but it adds up!! I have lost 40 pounds so far doing my own thing despite looking for pills or anything else that would make this a cake walk, but doing it my way is working and I am so excited!! I just set my profile up and I'm just looking for friends going through the same thing I am and looking for support, KIT!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I can do anything for one day, right?
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will not drink my calories.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will appreciate this body that really goes through a lot. (and I will try to forgive it for the difficult month that it has given me)

PS Being sick in summer is just wrong!:grumble:
  • cathyb60
    cathyb60 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    What you have said is so true! That's been my problem my whole life. So far my "tomorrow" never came. I will try to just think of today and see if that helps!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,353 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will not binge
  • Fit_2013
    Fit_2013 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Just For Today- I will enjoy the wonderful day and look forward to seeing the opening ceremony of the Olympics and unleash the inner athlete in me.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will avoid invisible calories (no licking the peanut butter off of the knife or sample my children's sandwich).
  • jenr8er
    jenr8er Posts: 10
    Options
    Just for today I will go to the gym even though the idea of working with my trainier after not working out at all for 6 weeks scares the heck out of me.
  • nuts4reading
    Options
    Just for today I will join myfitnesspal and say "no thank you" to second helpings.