Replies

• blmr85
    blmr85 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    :happy:
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Just for today: I will be proud of myself for those things I have accomplished instead of disappointed in myself over those I have not.
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Just fot today I will follow my weight management plan.

-- A Friend of Bill
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I once heard a very wise person say that she was just one cookie away from being 300 lbs again (she was about 150 lbs at the time). I thought that statement was a little drastic at the time. However, I have come to realize the truth of it. I followed a very rigid eating plan to lose the weight after my 4th child. But when my baby turned one, that piece of birthday cake that I ate quickly turned into 20 lbs gained. I know now that if I don't keep control of the food, it will control me. That being said, I find the thought of eating healthy for the rest of my life to be a little (okay, a lot) daunting. That's why tomorrow has become my best friend. I tell myself that I'm going to eat healthy forever, so I will enjoy one last day of treats today. Unfortunately, today has lasted for several months.

So my new mantra is "For Today". I will not think about eating healthy tomorrow (until tonight when I plan tomorrow's food). I will decide to eat healthy "for Today". When I get through today, I will recommit tomorrow, and the next day and the next. Hopefully, when I've chosen the right enough times, I will forget to have to choose, it will just be my life.

I like that!!!!! Today I will make healthy choices! Drink enough water! Exercise! and so on! I really like that!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Just for today: I will be proud of myself for those things I have accomplished instead of disappointed in myself over those I have not.
    :heart:
  • clover5
    Options
    Just for today I will get my cardio done in spite of the rain.
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Just for today: I will work on (and hopefully submit) that pesky application.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just for Today: I will push forward even if my mind doesn't want too.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will remember that the joy of eating something only lasts for a moment and then I'm rarely even left with the satisfaction of a memory. If I want to look back on the memory of a treat, I might as well remember a treat that I ate a year ago instead of one I ate today.
  • clover5
    Options
    Just for today I will do my homework.
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    Just for today, I will finally take credit for how hard I have been working. Tomorrow, I will go back to "oh, it is nothing, really."
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for today, I will finally take credit for how hard I have been working. Tomorrow, I will go back to "oh, it is nothing, really."

You go, Girl!!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just for Today: I will stay focused on my goals of being healthy and pass on anything that keeps me short of that goal.
  • clover5
    Options
    Just for today I will stay focused on what I need to do, and just do it.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: My workout efforts SUCKED! I know that the negative talk seems contrary to what I normally try to say, just bear with me for a moment. My workout efforts SUCKED today, but at least I made them. That means that my workout today was better than my lack of workout yesterday.

I tend to be a leetle bit of an "All or Nothing" person when it comes to health. If I can't do the whole workout, then I had just as well sit on my bed and watch an imfomercial and think, "If only that were me." After a month of recovering from a broken foot, I put in Jillian's No More Trouble Zones and really struggled through 2 of the 7 circuits before I couldn't go any further. I was discouraged beyond belief until I thought of the total lack of exercise that I've had for a month now. Who knows, Maybe tomorrow I will get through 3 circuits.

The point of this very long story is, Just for Today: I will do what I can do and appreciate the room to grow.:tongue:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    By the way, I really want to thank All of You for coming along and sharing your goals with me. This is the 4th Just for Today thread that I have done and I don't think that I've ever had this many people join in. I love reading your thoughts and goals. Just know that You help me, every day!
  • DawnM62
    DawnM62 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will forgo the wine with dinner and enjoy my water with dinner
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    By the way, I really want to thank All of You for coming along and sharing your goals with me. This is the 4th Just for Today thread that I have done and I don't think that I've ever had this many people join in. I love reading your thoughts and goals. Just know that You help me, every day!

Kate,
    I appreciate you starting it, it was unfortunate I didn't see the others but sure glad I saw this one back when I did. Thank you!:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just for Today: I will be grateful for all the progress I have made thus far & less critical of myself.
  • mfchiumento
    mfchiumento Posts: 32
    Options
    Just for today, I will remember that one bad choice does not mean I'm a bad person.

And I'm really glad I found this post today, greatly needed the change of thought