How Do You Ward Off Evil Spirits?!

Options
DietingMommy08
DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
Yes this is a serious question.

I dont want no sarcastic remarks or comments, I am looking for serious answers only.

This isnt to be a childish topic...

Im just looking for opinions and advice.

Thank you in advance.

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options

I dont want no sarcastic remarks or comments, I am looking for serious answers only.

Some age old tried and true methods:

1. Black Cat Bone
    2. Horseshoe over door
    3. The Ba Gua mirror
    4. Palaspas
    5. Wind Chimes
    6. Nazar
    7. A cross made from the branches of the rowan tree
  • Signia
    Signia Posts: 21
    Options
    May I add:

1. Singing bowls
    2. Sage smudging
    3. Repeating prayers and mantras
    4. Getting a professional (priest or psychic) to CLEANSE, PROTECT and BLESS your home, in that order.
    5. Make your own Holy Water. Say the Lord's Prayer over it. Flick it into every corner of your room, door frames and windows, above and below. While doing # 3.
    6. Leave a window open for it to ESCAPE.

Good Luck!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Have to mention that from a religious standpoint one would say prayer.
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Salt - and I am not just talking about the crazyness on Supernatural - it works if it is a serious evil spirit. But honestly, the village I lived with in Peace Corps held ceremonies so that the spirits could possess them and then they would do a ritual cleansing to get them to leave.

It was interesting.
  • anabell31
    Options
    My roomie and I go through our apartment about once a month with a smudge stick (lit bundle of sage). She gets freaked out when our deaf cats stare into dark corners, lol
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    sage smudging and your own prayers/mantras will work for a basic baddie. but if you have a real source of evil in your home, call in a pro. a priest, a witch who is strong enough, a real psychic, a medicine man. someone who has devoted part of their life to this sort of thing.
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    you need to have something that belonged to the spirit, throw it in the fire and say CROATOAN.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    you realize there's no such thing. Then any power you *imagined* they had vanishes.
  • ShannanRenae
    Options
    1. Prayer
    2. Speak to those demon spirits & tell them 2 flee & go back 2 the pits of hell from whence they came. You have the power, death & life are in the power of your tongue, so speak to them!
    3. Anoint yourself, your home, your children, husband, pets, etc
    4. PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY!!!! You hv power!
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    That would be my suggestion. Prayer does change things and evil can't prevail where God is.
  • csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Letting them know that you're in control of your house/body/possessions/relationships. They won't attack a strong individual.

Prayer helps too.
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options

I would agree with this. Using the name of Jesus OUT LOUD is the way I have heard to do it.

Typically, it is not a good idea to invite evil spirits into your life (I'm not sure that you have) but sometimes people go "looking" for evil spirits and then they have a tendency to have more mishaps with them.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Assuming you mean "bad attitudes" and not white sheets floating around................

meet with old friends or good family
    go to Mass
    re-read your favorite book
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I would say prayer and "walking" with God. Think about Him often and He will be in your home. You can also try the sage burning that everyone has mentioned. Your priest can help as well.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    How do you know it's evil? Maybe it's confused--sometimes spirits don't know they're dead. You could always try letting it know that it doesn't belong to this world anymore--it can help.
  • 0RESET0
    0RESET0 Posts: 128
    Options
    Do you want to ward them off or get them out? If there are already malicious spirits in your house, follow the cleansing suggestions above. Always cleans before protecting otherwise you may trap them in your house. After cleansing, just lay a solid line of salt at door and window openings. I you want to keep them away while you are out and about, you will need a totem that you can wear. That will take a little research but you should be able to find something relatively cheap at a local metaphysical shop.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    you realize there's no such thing. Then any power you *imagined* they had vanishes.

this is very dangerous. if you're a muggle, please don't feel the need to chime in. thnx. :flowerforyou:
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Letting them know that you're in control of your house/body/possessions/relationships. They won't attack a strong individual.

Prayer helps too.

AGREED! Say out loud that you're not rearranging your life because of them. Stand up to them. Speak Gods name.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I had a problem with "disruptive spirits" waking me up with noises and talking at all hours of the night. Tried lots of ways to get rid of them.
    Now, I just wear ear plugs to bed each night. If there are noises, I sleep through them.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

this is very dangerous. if you're a muggle, please don't feel the need to chime in. thnx. :flowerforyou:

I believe... the use of muggle made me like you even more.
This discussion has been closed.