How Do You Ward Off Evil Spirits?!

Options

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Go through the house with lavender incense and think good thoughts. It feels good and fills the house with positive energy.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I break out my Star Wars Force FX lightsabres
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Go through the house with lavender incense and think good thoughts. It feels good and fills the house with positive energy.

Agree. Being positive brings in the good!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    My house was haunted growing up - no joke. Had crazy things happen all the time.

Sometimes my mom would turn on Christian television to try to combat the creepiness, but the activity would actually "increase" ... like it pissed the spirits off ?

Then again, Christian TV is usually pretty awful to watch. Possibly it was not an evil spirit, but a spirit that would have much rather been watching Food Network. *shrug*

I am a christian. and yes, christian tv is absolutely awful! We need better representation. My pastor told my congregation that some of the things they say would keep Apologetics (Christian apologetics (from Greek ἀπολογία, "speaking in defense") is a field of Christian theology that aims to present a rational basis for the Christian faith, defend the faith against objections, and expose the perceived flaws of other world views-from Wikipedia) busy until the world comes to an end.

I used to be wiccan and I felt constantly terrorized by evil spirits. That is part of the reason I accepted Jesus in my heart. I am not here to start an argument, I am just putting my opinion out there. I respect my friends who are pagan even if I disagree with them.

Also, based on some of the replies to this post you can tell who is christian or pagan by what they tell you to do to get rid of the spirits :) Very interesting....
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Challenge it to a game of horse..... ghosts SUCK at basketball

scary_ghost-3388.gif
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    There is only one thing you need to know, speak the name of Jesus Christ out loud. His name is above all name and has authority over all in the natural and supernatural realm. An evil spirit cannot abide where Christ abides, and will flee at the sound of his name.

I guess is you believe in that type of thing
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    "looking for serious answers only. "...ummm not possible although I hear the Easter Bunny can sacrifice a leprechaun for +1 immunity against undead,

Why you gotta kill Leprechauns? Huh?

Sheesh!

<
    NOT an evil spirit! Just....mischievous :devil:
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    -Sage. ....I don't know much about it except that it wards off evil spirits.

-Horseshoes (my friend from Puerto Rico told me that they would hang these above the threshold of their doors to either drive off or keep evil spirits at bay)

- Don't look at me like I'm silly, but I keep a few chakra beads with me everywhere I go. There are many different kinds with multiple purposes and some are in fact to ease spirits or ward off bad ones/vibrations.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Challenge it to a game of horse..... ghosts SUCK at basketball

scary_ghost-3388.gif

I call traveling.

Befriend them and tell them where they can troll the living and have them report back to you with the lulz.
  • LilBee82
    LilBee82 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    A few things I have done that helped:

DON'T THINK ABOUT THEM. You are only inviting them in and they are drawn to that fear.

If you believe, and I do and it's worked for me, say " Depart in the name of Jesus Christ."

I sing hymn songs.

I have also centered and grounded myself and then pictured a protective bubble around my home forcing anything bad out and also pictured boarding up my windows and doors so that nothing evil can get in.
  • aenderson
    Options
    Have to mention that from a religious standpoint one would say prayer.
    That would be my suggestion. Prayer does change things and evil can't prevail where God is.
    I agree with both!!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    you realize there's no such thing. Then any power you *imagined* they had vanishes.

Thank you for being rational. Next there'll be a thread on how to deal with the monster hiding under the bed.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I hear farting at the gym wards them off.

JM
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Tinkle some piano keys. Bill Murray says they hate that, and anything Bill Murray says is golden.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Have to mention that from a religious standpoint one would say prayer.
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    1. Prayer
    2. Speak to those demon spirits & tell them 2 flee & go back 2 the pits of hell from whence they came. You have the power, death & life are in the power of your tongue, so speak to them!
    3. Anoint yourself, your home, your children, husband, pets, etc
    4. PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY!!!! You hv power!

THIS. In addition, if you have opened up the door to them through any demonic activity, you need to close that door.
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    you realize there's no such thing. Then any power you *imagined* they had vanishes.

Thank you for being rational. Next there'll be a thread on how to deal with the monster hiding under the bed.

Rationality does not equate to TRUTH.
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ who is my Lord and Savior. I command and demand you to leave." Just keep saying it over and over. Works for me :smile:
  • Luckldy31
    Luckldy31 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    As a Christian, I firmly believe that where there is light, darkness must flee. Whenever I feel like there is evil lurking, I start to sing worship songs... I really John Waller's song Our God Reigns Here... here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5SXhfANJv4
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Candle magic with Runes works wonders. Use a plain white devotional candle and write peaceful, protective and healing Runes on the candle. Another effective way is to invoke the spirit of Mary. A devotional candle to Mary works wonders. Just as you light any candle whether it be a white candle with Runes on it or a devotional candle of Mary, pray for what you are asking for. Light the candle, put it on a glass plate and do not blow the candle out. Let it burn out on its own and you will know the prayer has been answered. Typical devotional candles (long candles enclosed in glass) burn for 4 days. Sage is also a great way to ward off evil spirits.
This discussion has been closed.