Replies

• AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    PRAYER!!!

Use God's name, Jehovah.

Read your Bible.

Nothing is more powerful!

However, if she is still practicing black magic, she'll just be inviting them back in... but you can protect yourself by staying away from it
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    OP if you truly want an answer to this question... you might be better posting it in a specific group, or better still on a specific forum.
    If you post this in the chit-chat section of a fitness forum, you need to be prepared for just about any answe.

My answer - I have absolutely no idea, I don't believe in such things.
    Clearly you do, so good luck in finding something that makes you feel better.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Mocking someone for their beliefs is petty and unoriginal.

Funny how it's fine the other way around though isn't it? I get mocked for my secular stance all the time. Can't tell you how often I've had someone tell me they'll pray for me (which, frankly, is equally as insulting as me saying "I'll think rationally for you".)

The big difference is secularists get insulted by a much larger proportion of the population as opposed to just the 5-10% that we constitute.

Not to mention political attacks - we often have to send our children to schools where the powers that be have deemed it fit to teach our children fairytales... or we have to vote for leaders that are too scared to lose to not be affiliated with one religion or another.

Offering to pray for someone isn't mocking them. Calling someone's beliefs "irrational" or "fairytales" is. I don't assume others are stupid for believing something different than I do. Tolerance is a word thrown around a lot but hardly ever practiced.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    & yes I believe because I grew up around wiccans and pegans as well as christians.

I have a cousin who has let a lot of evil spirits into her home and onto her property because she practices black magic.

This is not something I take very lightly.

well if you grew up with these types of folks and your mom is coaching your three old about it, why are you asking a bunch of strangers on a fitness site instead of those you grew up with?
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Oh nevermind, I thought you were talking about liquor... Carry on everyone..

Me too I was going to say by keeping them locked in the liquor cabinet lol. sorry
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Offering to pray for someone isn't mocking them. Calling someone's beliefs "irrational" or "fairytales" is. I don't assume others are stupid for believing something different than I do. Tolerance is a word thrown around a lot but hardly ever practiced.

Really that's a matter of opinion. In some situations, someone offering to pray for me comes across as patronising, belittling and annoying.... other times I appreciate the thought and it doesn't bother me.
    You can't assume that everyone has the same attitude that you do.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    & yes I believe because I grew up around wiccans and pegans as well as christians.

I have a cousin who has let a lot of evil spirits into her home and onto her property because she practices black magic.

This is not something I take very lightly.

well if you grew up with these types of folks and your mom is coaching your three old about it, why are you asking a bunch of strangers on a fitness site instead of those you grew up with?

Hhmmm because I stopped talking to that part of my family a long time ago...

Im not a firm believer in god so I thought id ask other for thier opinions.

Obviously I had my OWN reason.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options

Really that's a matter of opinion. In some situations, someone offering to pray for me comes across as patronising, belittling and annoying.... other times I appreciate the thought and it doesn't bother me.
    You can't assume that everyone has the same attitude that you do.

I am gonna have to agree with you on the "praying for me" part..
    Ive had a few ppl say they are gonna pray for me because i was involved with a women.
    Smh... Sorry but you just cant pray me straight. Lol.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'll wade in here and risk being painted with the "religious" brush.... LOL

First you might get your mom to come back... if she was able to help before, maybe she can help you again. You also will need to look at your whole life to make sure there are no open doors welcoming evil into your life. Games, habits, addictions... do some serious exploring of yourself and your family. Not saying there IS anything, just saying make sure there ISN'T.

I knew a lady once who inherited the house she had grown up in. Terrible things happened there, and the house was literally a dangerous place for her to be, spiritually. She had a priest come in, pray through the house with her, anoint the rooms with oil, and then when they went into the attic pretty much all he** broke loose and they did a bit of battle. They won, and she was able to live there in peace from that day on. It's a real world, even though a lot of people don't want to believe it.

Please note that all of the following is completely irrelevant if you don't believe the Bible is God's Word and that everything in it is the truth... but I am posting because I do believe you're asking a real question and looking for real help.

Do you have a Bible? If not, you can easily find these online, too:

Ephesians 6:10-18
    1 Peter 5:8-9
    Luke 11:24-26
    Mark 9:25-29

I found a couple of prayers online that you might want to re-word and use with your son:

“I am now coming against each and every demon that has come onto my child as a result of _______________________.

I know that you are all in here. I know that you have contaminated my child with your evil presence. My child is completely innocent of these charges. You thus have no legal right to be attacking her like you have been doing.

I now come against each and everyone of you operating under the full authority, power and anointing of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I now Plead the Blood of Jesus Christ against each and everyone of you. I repeat – I now plead the Blood of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ against each and everyone of you.

Demons, in the name of Jesus Christ – you are to leave my child right now – and you are to never, ever come back ever again. GO NOW – in the name of Jesus Christ. I repeat – GO NOW – in the name of Jesus Christ and be forever banished from our presence!”

Heavenly Father,

I know from the work of Jesus Christ that Satan and his minions are a defeated enemy. I also know from Your Word that the enemy continues to roam the earth and attack us. LORD, I ask for Your help in putting on the armor--the helmet of salvation, the breastplate of righteousness, the shield of faith, the shoes of the gospel of peace, the belt of truth, and the sword of the Spirit (Your Word)--in order to resist the enemy so he will flee.

By the authority of Jesus and in the power of His shed blood, I ask You to summon warrior angels to fight on my behalf if necessary. And if it is Your will for me to confront the evil spirits of the enemy directly, I ask You to guide me and protect me as I strive to pray and to live within Your will.

Grant me the patience, Father, to know that deliverance from the enemy isn't always immediate. Grant me a resolute spirit so that I am persistent in my prayer and steadfast in my resistance. And grant me the wisdom to remain alert, especially when it seems as if the enemy has moved on and ended his attack on me.

I praise You, Jesus, for Your victory over the enemy, for his complete defeat, and I claim that victory for myself as I abide in You.

In Your Holy Name I pray, Jesus,

Amen
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Accurate depiction of the mods right now:

11t09du.jpg
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Rationality does not equate to TRUTH.

No, but it does equate to a more reliable predictor of reality than fantasy or magical thinking.
    (See progress of 100 years of scientific method vs progress of 5000 years of religion as evidence...)
    ^^^ Ignorant! Do some research and see why science, the university, & academia in general were even emphasized during the time of reformation and renaissance. You might be surprised.

The idea that science and true religion are in conflict has only been around for a few decades, and are not the shared opinions of some the world's greatest thinkers - now and then. The prevailing thought for most of the history of humanity is that they go hand in hand.

^^ this is correct
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'll wade in here and risk being painted with the "religious" brush.... LOL

First you might get your mom to come back... if she was able to help before, maybe she can help you again. You also will need to look at your whole life to make sure there are no open doors welcoming evil into your life. Games, habits, addictions... do some serious exploring of yourself and your family. Not saying there IS anything, just saying make sure there ISN'T.

I knew a lady once who inherited the house she had grown up in. Terrible things happened there, and the house was literally a dangerous place for her to be, spiritually. She had a priest come in, pray through the house with her, anoint the rooms with oil, and then when they went into the attic pretty much all he** broke loose and they did a bit of battle. They won, and she was able to live there in peace from that day on. It's a real world, even though a lot of people don't want to believe it.

Please note that all of the following is completely irrelevant if you don't believe the Bible is God's Word and that everything in it is the truth... but I am posting because I do believe you're asking a real question and looking for real help.

Do you have a Bible? If not, you can easily find these online, too:

Ephesians 6:10-18
    1 Peter 5:8-9
    Luke 11:24-26
    Mark 9:25-29

I found a couple of prayers online that you might want to re-word and use with your son:

“I am now coming against each and every demon that has come onto my child as a result of _______________________.

I know that you are all in here. I know that you have contaminated my child with your evil presence. My child is completely innocent of these charges. You thus have no legal right to be attacking her like you have been doing.

I now come against each and everyone of you operating under the full authority, power and anointing of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I now Plead the Blood of Jesus Christ against each and everyone of you. I repeat – I now plead the Blood of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ against each and everyone of you.

Demons, in the name of Jesus Christ – you are to leave my child right now – and you are to never, ever come back ever again. GO NOW – in the name of Jesus Christ. I repeat – GO NOW – in the name of Jesus Christ and be forever banished from our presence!”

Heavenly Father,

I know from the work of Jesus Christ that Satan and his minions are a defeated enemy. I also know from Your Word that the enemy continues to roam the earth and attack us. LORD, I ask for Your help in putting on the armor--the helmet of salvation, the breastplate of righteousness, the shield of faith, the shoes of the gospel of peace, the belt of truth, and the sword of the Spirit (Your Word)--in order to resist the enemy so he will flee.

By the authority of Jesus and in the power of His shed blood, I ask You to summon warrior angels to fight on my behalf if necessary. And if it is Your will for me to confront the evil spirits of the enemy directly, I ask You to guide me and protect me as I strive to pray and to live within Your will.

Grant me the patience, Father, to know that deliverance from the enemy isn't always immediate. Grant me a resolute spirit so that I am persistent in my prayer and steadfast in my resistance. And grant me the wisdom to remain alert, especially when it seems as if the enemy has moved on and ended his attack on me.

I praise You, Jesus, for Your victory over the enemy, for his complete defeat, and I claim that victory for myself as I abide in You.

In Your Holy Name I pray, Jesus,

Amen

I agree with you and prayed also in my own words.

To the OP: The fact also is if someone did say they'ed pray for you it is a term of endearment if intended correctly. So while you might not agree with their beliefs they at least love you enough to want to pray for you. You are blessed because you are loved. And Children are a blessing so God in all evenuality loves you as well. He wouldn't have allowed it if He didn't have purpose in it. Be blessed, May you find peace and may the Lords activity in your life be revealed to your eyes. Much love to you and yours my sweet MFP peep.:flowerforyou:
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options

To the OP: The fact also is if someone did say they'ed pray for you it is a term of endearment if intended correctly. So while you might not agree with their beliefs they at least love you enough to want to pray for you. You are blessed because you are loved. And Children are a blessing so God in all evenuality loves you as well. He wouldn't have allowed it if He didn't have purpose in it. Be blessed, May you find peace and may the Lords activity in your life be revealed to your eyes. Much love to you and yours my sweet MFP peep.:flowerforyou:

Despite the intention, the message is that we have a "problem" that needs praying for because of our lack of belief in your higher power.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Offering to pray for someone isn't mocking them.

Not mocking perhaps. Worse than mocking... insulting. An unsolicited suggestion that you will pray for someone is essentially saying "you are so incorrect or inept in your beliefs that I will take time out of my day to attempt to save you with my superior belief system."
    Calling someone's beliefs "irrational" or "fairytales" is.

Fairytales I will cede. But irrational - not at all. The word literally means reasoning according to principles of logic. And logic is the one set of rules that magical thinking in any form does not require. How can calling a spade a spade be an example of mockery?

Again. I don't want to hijack the OPs thread with a secular vs magical thinking debate. If folks want to carry this on I'm more than happy to do so in another thread, or just friend me and we'll go at in the newsfeed. Let's be nice and give the OP her thread back.
  • MrsUnderwood
    Options
    Gracious Heavenly Father, in Jesus Christ’s name, I approach Your throne of grace and ask for your help in my time of need. (Confess here to any known sin or open door that might have led to your situation, and ask for forgiveness and renounce it, or if you are standing but are under satanic attack, state the attack). Protect me and deliver me, Lord, from every evil spirit and evil influence afflicting my life. I humbly ask and seek your presence, and pray for the wisdom and power of your Holy Spirit, and the presence of your holy angels to help in this matter. Illuminate my mind with the truth of my situation, and teach me to war against this evil intrusion, Lord, and lead me into the victory of your precious Son, Christ Jesus, Whose blood was shed for me, over 2000 years ago, to deliver and set me free from the power of sin, Satan and his kingdom of darkness.

I plead the blood of Jesus Christ on my life right now, for I am redeemed, justified, cleansed and sanctified by the shed blood of Jesus Christ. I place my trust wholly in You Lord, in your grace and love. It is You, Lord, Who always causes us to triumph in Christ Jesus (2 Cor. 2:14), for your Word says, “you are able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.” (Eph. 3:20). I choose to stand on your Truth in faith Lord, strengthen me where I am weak and let my lips praise you all the days of my life. I confess and believe, Heavenly Father, that all of Your promises in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us. Thank you and Amen.
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options

Despite the intention, the message is that we have a "problem" that needs praying for because of our lack of belief in your higher power.

NOT TRUE. Dismiss me all you want. I BELIEVE in what I am saying and I BELIEVE that God is the only way. I am not sure why you above all are attacking on here. I do appreciate your problems with a "Higher power". But when it comes down to it I believe if not for God I have no worth. He gives me value and if it weren't for Him I would not exhist. I do also believe in your right to not agree with me and I am OK with that. I pray for you to that you might have peace. Be well my MFP peep.:flowerforyou:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    What the...
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options

NOT TRUE. Dismiss me all you want. I BELIEVE in what I am saying and I BELIEVE that God is the only way. I am not sure why you above all are attacking on here. I do appreciate your problems with a "Higher power". But when it comes down to it I believe if not for God I have no worth. He gives me value and if it weren't for Him I would not exhist. I do also believe in your right to not agree with me and I am OK with that. I pray for you to that you might have peace. Be well my MFP peep.:flowerforyou:

That is nice, however you are not every single person, and many say it with a more insulting connotation.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    You need to get to the Navajo Reservation and get a hand trembler to find out what sort of sing you need. Then you'll have to find a good, reputable hataali that won't mind doing a curing ceremony for a balagaana.
  • Goldenbast
    Goldenbast Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    The amount of negativity that has come on this post boggles the mind. Obviously the OP wanted some honest opinions and while I do understand that some people don't believe in spirits, evil or otherwise, why do you have to come on this post and bash the OP up one side and down the other? Really? Do you have nothing better to do? It is rude to say the least. Just because you don't believe doesn't make it untrue and as far as proving it? Sheesh....I have personally seen spirits both bad and good and I know what I saw and I don't have to prove a flipping thing to anyone.

You don't believe? Fine...I respect your position...do the right thing and respect other people's positions and don't be so negative.
This discussion has been closed.