How Do You Ward Off Evil Spirits?!

Options

Replies

• Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Rationality does not equate to TRUTH.

No, but it does equate to a more reliable predictor of reality than fantasy or magical thinking.
    (See progress of 100 years of scientific method vs progress of 5000 years of religion as evidence...)
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

No, but it does equate to a more reliable predictor of reality than fantasy or magical thinking.
    (See progress of 100 years of scientific method vs progress of 5000 years of religion as evidence...)

Whats true is not always taught
    and whats taught is not always true.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I find that human sacrifice works for me every time... um.. yeah
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    OP: There's a group called "Christians Unite." You may find more friendly, helpful answers there, and have to weed through less sarcastic, condescending responses. Best of luck! :flowerforyou:

Everyone else...time and a place for snark. :smile:
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    OP: There's a group called "Christians Unite." You may find more friendly, helpful answers there, and have to weed through less sarcastic, condescending responses. Best of luck! :flowerforyou:

Everyone else...time and a place for snark. :smile:

seems like a good time and place to me.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options

Whats true is not always taught
    and whats taught is not always true.

I wholeheartedly agree. What's "taught" most often is religion. It has to be taught because it cannot stand up to testing and peer review. Teaching is the only way to spread it.

Anyways. I don't want to hijack the OPs thread with a secular argument so I'll leave it there.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    you realize there's no such thing. Then any power you *imagined* they had vanishes.

Thank you for being rational. Next there'll be a thread on how to deal with the monster hiding under the bed.

Ghosts, mummies, vampires, bigfoot, loch ness monster.. do not exist. Grow up. What do you tell your children when they're scared? "Mommy there's a monster in the closet!" "Well hell I guess we need to move!"

ETA: Ok mummies do exist! But they're not gonna get up and follow you around any time soon.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    By not believing in such retarded bullsh*t.
    Maybe I'll start a thread on how to ward off idiots who continue to use the word "retarded".
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    evil spirits are generally thin creatures. befrind the spirit...get their dieting tips
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    By not believing in such retarded bullsh*t.
    Maybe I'll start a thread on how to ward off idiots who continue to use the word "retarded".

2vw6420.jpg
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I love how some of the 'cures' recommended could be seen as 'invitations' to said evil spirits depending on what your beliefs are. So some people think wafting incense about and using herbs will get rid of pesky imps.... you'd have been burned as a witch for those sorts of shenannigans in ye olde good ol' days as it upsets Jesus. It's a minefield... looks like the evil spirits are here to stay unless we can decide once and for all which set of nonsensical beliefs is right :/
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    1. Prayer
    2. Speak to those demon spirits & tell them 2 flee & go back 2 the pits of hell from whence they came. You have the power, death & life are in the power of your tongue, so speak to them!
    3. Anoint yourself, your home, your children, husband, pets, etc
    4. PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY!!!! You hv power!

So?

1.Speak to yourself
    2. speak to imaginary things
    3. Waste more time
    4.Speak to yourself a lot!

I wish you luck...Because you will need it.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I've heard holy water, prayer, and sage burning (in a building).

or you could always call TAPS
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Tinkle some piano keys. Bill Murray says they hate that, and anything Bill Murray says is golden.

Brilliant. You win this one! Excellent!
  • Goldenbast
    Goldenbast Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    White sage and sandalwood are good (like what was mentioned before). Did you know that traditional Halloween jack-o-lanterns are actually designed to ward off evil spirits and invite ancestral spirits to your home? The didn't only use pumpkins..they used gourds and such.

If you are not of a Christian persuasion there are many various rituals you can perform to get rid of them, or ask a pagan friend to do a cleansing for you.

It could also be very negative energy rather than evil spirits, sometimes it can seem the same.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    Options
    I've heard holy water, prayer, and sage burning (in a building).

or you could always call TAPS

Oh yeah you should call TAPS those guys are awesome and very professional, you could also get your plumbing fixed because thats their day job, kill two demons with one EMF device as they say.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    And then there are a few people on this thread you could invite over for coffee in hopes that the evil spirits will sniff out their own and just follow them out the door. :drinker:
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    And then there are a few people on this thread you could invite over for coffee in hopes that the evil spirits will sniff out their own and just follow them out the door. :drinker:

lol
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    Options

Haha nice
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    you realize there's no such thing. Then any power you *imagined* they had vanishes.

Thank you for being rational. Next there'll be a thread on how to deal with the monster hiding under the bed.

The fvcker I want to get rid of is the *kitten* that always steals that ONE sock from my drier!! :mad:
This discussion has been closed.