Why are you proud of yourself today?

Options

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I am not the type to announce my success to the world, but tonight I feel on top of the world.
    Days when you feel this good about yourself don't come often so when they are here, what the heck, enjoy it!

I ran 6 miles tonight !
    Might not be much to some, might sound unattainable to others, I really don't care.
    To me, this has been a goal I have been working toward since this past summer when I got serious about trying to run.
    I am not an athlete, never have been. I was stupid enough to smoke for years, I finally gave it up (Feb 28th will be one year) !
    During the past months I have had some set backs with knee pain, ankle pain, other pains on muscles I didn't even know how to pronounce. So at times I had to stop running for weeks at a time to let my body heal. It felt like two steps back to make one step forward. I have worked at it, I substituted other exercises when I couldn't run. Lifted weights, or did the elliptical, whatever I could do to continue on my journey. I currently am suffering with a bad elbow that i strained while lifting weights, I am dealing with that setback but know that I will get back to where I was and will meet my lifting goals in due time.

To make a long story short, my perseverance has paid off and I have reached a personal milestone.
    I am proud of myself today, and I intend to enjoy this feeling tonight. :happy:

Thanks to everyone on MFP for your support along the way!

Congrats! Well done, man!
  • speedycakes
    speedycakes Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    No, if i could go a day without alcohol and with exercise i'd be happy. Hopefully I get there soon.
  • eatmeingo
    Options
    I worked my *kitten* off for a paycheck, bought the new vogue and got a pedicure.

Also, I didn't eat today. But the people on here would just yell and yell if I said I was proud of that.
  • emtastic929
    emtastic929 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i'm proud that i got my cracker privileges back. used to be that if i bought crackers, i would eat one every time i walked through the kitchen, thinking "it's just one cracker." now i have three different varieties that i take for lunch, and i actually measure out servings. bags last longer than two days, also.

some day, i'll get my cereal privileges back. that one might take a while, however. lol

I am such a cereal addict! I totally get this! I just recently restored my cereal privileges. LOL

I am proud of myself today because I had a meeting with a health coach through this work program I'm participating in and she was very impressed with my cardio files (uploaded from my hrm to a website for the program). Also, as of this morning, I am officially back at a healthy BMI - it may be the high end - but still healthy. I didn't track the additional pound I lost though since I had just tracked my weight a few days prior. Seeing that on the scale though sure felt good. :)

Congrats to everyone! I love this thread!!!
  • thinsoundsgood
    Options
    I've lost 10.5 pounds since January 15th. Today is Febuary 15th. It's been a month. I'm so proud of myself!
  • vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I resisted the urge to stop at Walgreens or CVS on my way home from work and the gym tonight to stock up on discounted Valentine's candy. That may seem like a very small accomplishment for some, but for me, that's HUGE.

I am all about sales . . AND candy.

And I had a hard day at work on top of it all. But you know what, candy is not going to solve my problems or make me feel any better in the long run.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.
  • jrusso28
    jrusso28 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I am not the type to announce my success to the world, but tonight I feel on top of the world.
    Days when you feel this good about yourself don't come often so when they are here, what the heck, enjoy it!

I ran 6 miles tonight !
    Might not be much to some, might sound unattainable to others, I really don't care.
    To me, this has been a goal I have been working toward since this past summer when I got serious about trying to run.
    I am not an athlete, never have been. I was stupid enough to smoke for years, I finally gave it up (Feb 28th will be one year) !
    During the past months I have had some set backs with knee pain, ankle pain, other pains on muscles I didn't even know how to pronounce. So at times I had to stop running for weeks at a time to let my body heal. It felt like two steps back to make one step forward. I have worked at it, I substituted other exercises when I couldn't run. Lifted weights, or did the elliptical, whatever I could do to continue on my journey. I currently am suffering with a bad elbow that i strained while lifting weights, I am dealing with that setback but know that I will get back to where I was and will meet my lifting goals in due time.

To make a long story short, my perseverance has paid off and I have reached a personal milestone.
    I am proud of myself today, and I intend to enjoy this feeling tonight. :happy:

Thanks to everyone on MFP for your support along the way!

Congrats! Well done, man!

THANKS !! :drinker:
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of myself because i worked out for 45 minutes this morning... all these extra calories I'm supposed to eating.. I have no more room...
  • jkbabydoll08
    Options
    I lost 6lbs and because i was just about to give up but this was the motivation i needed to keep going.
  • juzsavage
    Options
    I ran 5k for the first time in years. it was slow - but i didn't know i had it in me.
  • zeikiya989
    Options
    I rowed more than usual 9,895 meters, my best so far on the row machine. And I have stayed positive today
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I finished off the Valentines chocolate my hubby gave me, logged it, felt crappy about it for an hour and then got off my butt and got a good workout in!!!
  • jackiejax1981
    jackiejax1981 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    What a great post!!! I love reading anything POSITIVE & MOTIVATING!

I usually get up at 730 and leave at 8am for the gym and take two morning classes back to back. Today was Kickboxing & BodyWorks. Well, I overslept and made it to BodyWorks JUST in time. However, I'm proud of myself for actually going back to the gym this evening for Step Aerobics and I ended up burning 600 more calories than normal for a total of 1831!!! Super excited and proud.....because it paid off to go back to the gym. I'm just not a mind-numbing treadmill/elliptical person. I LOVE group fitness! WOOT!!!
  • fguillory
    Options
    I resisted junk in the grocery store today lol
  • I1ahunt
    Options
    I am proud of my wife for sticking to our plan...........I am proud of myself for not hurting any of the idiots I have to work with:laugh:
  • monainmn
    monainmn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, you can do this :)!!!
  • WallyGirl358
    Options
    I am proud of myself because today I am officially out of the obese range!
  • Karenlavonne1958
    Options
    You guys are all so great! Love being proud of myself and not feeling guilty. My team at work had our first weigh in for biggest loser and we lost 22 lbs since Jan 18th! Proud of my team and it felt so good to have them say they think I lost the most!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I'm proud to maintain my weight while my motivation falters.

I'm proud to be accepted to honors college at University of Arizona.

I'm proud to be finishing five courses this semester to finally earn my Associates of Liberal Arts degree at 26 while the majority of my friends earned theirs at 19/20.
  • deliapm
    Options
    Might seem like a small milestone, but I'm proud for sticking with this for 21 days!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!