Why are you proud of yourself today?

Options

Replies

• Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of myself for going to the gym and working out for 1 1/2 hours despite being extra tired and not wanting to go!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    For spending an entire hour on the Arc Trainer, sticking to a sustained pace the whole time, burning 744 calories! Yay!
  • WallyGirl358
    Options
    Awesome..Hard work pays off. Congrats!
  • Jlyle0503
    Jlyle0503 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i am proud that i passed up an iced cookie and ate an orange instead :happy: :happy:
  • zephyrzar
    zephyrzar Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was actually just thinking of this as I was working out today. I just recently started MFP again, but with more motivation this time. Proud I actually did my workout today and eating healthier. It is just the beginning, but I am doing it! Proud of that!!!!
  • samluegger
    Options
    exercised even though i am having crap (depressed) day :oP ;o)
  • melbaby925
    Options
    I'm proud of myself because I've been working so hard that my jeans are getting baggy in the butt. And everywhere else too! But mostly in the butt, 'cause that's the biggest part right now!
  • my2gr8boys
    Options
    I'm proud because I signed up for my first 5K today! I've never been a runner, but am working on the C25K program. I'm loving it so far!
  • musclefat2k
    musclefat2k Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of myself for being 40lbs away from minus 300 lbs. A feat that a couple years ago when I started this journey I didnt see as reality. I'm proud of myself for finally being able to see my own progress. I put on a suit the other day that was smaller than a size 50 for the first time in 20 years. I'm just proud! Humble, but PROUD!! woot woot
  • kriskaryl
    kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I wore a new pair of size 8 jeans to work today. I also made it to the gym and had a great work out this evening.
    i am sore but proud of my progress.
  • jpfrimmer
    Options
    I'm proud because I had a great workout and I managed to not eat the cookies, cupcakes, and chips/queso they had in the teacher's louge at school today!
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of myself for being 40lbs away from minus 300 lbs. A feat that a couple years ago when I started this journey I didnt see as reality. I'm proud of myself for finally being able to see my own progress. I put on a suit the other day that was smaller than a size 50 for the first time in 20 years. I'm just proud! Humble, but PROUD!! woot woot

Awesome Job!!
  • mikaela_b
    Options
    I made a big poop.

That's definitely worth celebrating!
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Lost 2 more lbs!
  • kgchisholm
    kgchisholm Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of my brand new size TEN work pants! Much nicer than my 14s! AND they were on major sale ;)

I'm proud of how I turned down tons of Valentines treats from co-workers AND my students.
  • rissuhbissuh
    Options
    I did more reps of my strength training workout this week than I did on Monday :). Even my trainer was excited for me :)
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    - staying under my calorie goal
    - drinking 9 glasses of water
    - not finishing a piece of pizza (!)
    - doing 10 min of an exercise video I bought 6+ months ago and never even OPENED until tonight (!!)
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Okay, I was so excited and happy after my cardio appt. today that I wanted to cry.

I certainly prove that eating better and exercising makes a big difference.

I though this was just a follow up with a discussion of my last summers run of many tests
    which is was, but they also did a rapid NON-fasting blood test.

I was a bit disappointed in their scale as I weighed 157 at 11:30 with clothes on because
    my scale says I weigh 149, but. The good news is I lost 9 lbs. in 7 mo. since I last went
    to see him. I was 166. I almost died when I asked my weight history since I have been
    seeing a cardiologist and my highest weight was 178 almost 2 years ago. YIKES!

So, here are my numbers in comparison to July 26, 2011

Total Chol: 185 to 153 (don't forget this was also NON fasting) could have been a better number - EEEEEEE
    Trig: 157 to 62 (holy crap)
    HDL (good) 50 to 57 (thanks to exercise I'm guessing)
    LDL (bad) 104 to 84 (yes)
    Chol. ratio 3.7 to 2.7 1% is huge he said
    AND...
    Blood sugar 103 to 97. Now I did have a check of this with my primary in the Fall and it was 119 so this is huge BECAUSE
    I'm no longer consider pre-diabetic!!!!! oh yeah!!!!!!!!! happy dance.

@DeniseAS - WOW!!!! that is awesome! congrats on your weight loss and on hitting those health goals. Great job - thanks for the reminder that hard work DOES pay off!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of the fact that even though I'm sore as heck, I still worked out!
  • kymbrknr
    Options
    I'm proud of you ojell!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!