Have you seen the ocean?

Options

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,014 Member
    Options
    I love the ocean . I live about 2 hrs from it and have a trip to the ocean planned tomorrow i can not wait. We go to the ocean 2-5xs a yr....
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I live in WI...so no ocean here! But I did see the Florida coast about 5 years ago.

Definitely plan on seeing the west/east/gulf coast throughout the rest of my life
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I never have. I would like to. :S
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I live on the Isle of Wight and see hte ocean most days <3
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    We go to an island every year off the coast for Florida, this year I am lucky, we get to make 2 trips!
  • Tanyawhite30
    Options
    The Ocean is right down my street...takes me 10 minutes to walk there :smile:
  • saritabandita
    saritabandita Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I live in So Cal & grew up going to the beach. I've never lived more than a half hour away from it, so it's hard for me to imagine what it would be like to see it for the first time. I love the ocean, but I would take the mountains over the beach any time! :love:
  • cathylord
    cathylord Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I see it every day.
  • dollymixsix
    Options
    Yes, many oceans! I also live right by one.
  • sarabirdcanfly
    sarabirdcanfly Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When I lived in California, I would go to the ocean every weekend. My spirit is the ocean and I hate living so far away from it now. :(
  • xXKatrinaXx
    Options
    I grew up in Hawaii so yep I have =) every day for 10 years...Havnt seen the ocean in a while though now that I live in Nevada.
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I miss the ocean

Ditto.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Yes, I live off the coast of Charleston, SC on an island. I walk nearly every day on the beach. It's beautiful. Very different from the New England coast where I grew up, which was also beautiful

I am originally from Summerville, I miss home!
  • tasha72
    tasha72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I live on Vancouver Island, on the west coast of Canada and we are surrounded by ocean. My ticker is the view from my deck and it is the most calming image (yes, that is snow which we rarely ever get here on the coast).
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I have been in the Atlantic, Pacific, Gulf of Mexico, and all of the Great Lakes.

Great Lakes are oceans??

No, but the sunset on Lake Michigan looks like an ocean, it so large you cannot see the other coast! Its truely lovely.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    im in va and va beach is apx 60 some miles away, an hour and 15 drive so yeah, for sheez...
    seen most of the southern coast
  • Lululucyloo
    Options
    So bizarre I never imagined people had not seen the ocean (dumb I know) I have hundreds of beaches within half n hour of me. The closet being 5 mins walk.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Ive seen the Atlantic, the Pacific, the Carribean, and the Mediteranean. My dream house would be on a big lake...not the ocean, but a big freshwater lake, like Coeur d'Alene, or Pend Oreille. I dont even need beachfront...just to be able to see the water every day would be heaven.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I probably live about three hours from a passable ocean view, but never saw it until high school. Even now it's more likely for me to see the ocean when I go to LA than it is for me to make it down to the Texas coastline.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I fish in the Gulf of Mexico! Love it!!