Replies

• kludgood
    kludgood Posts: 172
    Options
    I never have :( lol
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Yes, the Atlantic and Pacific both...even flew over it to go from the US to Europe. I live in Michigan, so surrounded by water, and if I'm not close to some body of water often enough...I start to feel out of sorts...
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    It's cold and grey here right now... I would sell one of my children to sit on a sunny beach by the ocean right now!! I lived in an apartment the beach in the Dominican Republic for a year.... heaven....

We live near the Lake Huron now, it rivals a lot of beaches, we spend the entire summer there... I love the ocean...
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I live in San Francisco. The stable were I ride is on the bluffs overlooking the ocean. I have lived on the coast my whole life.

Crazy thought to me that there are people who've never seen the ocean, but I remember my Minnesotan grandmother telling me how scared she was the first time she saw it.
  • kristenn1989
    kristenn1989 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I can see it if I`m on the second floor of my building. I`m about a 2 minute walk from the shore. I couldn't imagine not being around the ocean.
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I live on a mile wide barrier island that sits between the Indian River and the Atlantic Ocean. I can hear the surf when my windows are open and my cars are continually covered in a layer of salty mist. I love it here!

Cool, I live in Vero Beach...not on the beach but a quick 10min drive, when the weather is warm the beach is where I love to spend my time!
  • big_drake
    Options
    I live in the middle of the country but I've seen and swam in the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea, flown over the Pacific and seen Osaka Bay.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I live in San Francisco. The stable were I ride is on the bluffs overlooking the ocean. I have lived on the coast my whole life.

Crazy thought to me that there are people who've never seen the ocean, but I remember my Minnesotan grandmother telling me how scared she was the first time she saw it.

Your Minnesota grandmother should know a thing or two about water! I grew up near Minneapolis but lived in Duluth when I was very young. Our house there had a breathtaking view of Superior.
  • cerrajean
    cerrajean Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I stare at the San Francisco Bay from my office every day. The bf and I have agreed to never live more than 90 minutes from any given ocean. :) Landlocked isn't for us!
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options

^ i've been lucky enough to share an ocean view and a bloody mary at the same with this gorgeous woman.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I live just a few miles from it. My first house as a real grownup was a beach house. A slider off the bedroom right to the beach. LOVED it, though it was really sketchy in the winter!
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    seen it?? Iived on it for nearly 4 years while in the Navy. I miss being out to sea!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I've seen it. I've even had sex while in it. WEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I live in an oceanside city.

ironically I hate the beach and never go there.
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I've eaten Ocean Pie, does that count?
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Yes. Yes I have.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I just visited the ocean for the first time in September!! Went to San Diego for work. It was awesome and I can't wait to go back!
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I seen it on T.V.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I live just over an hour away....ive been a beachbum all my life
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I grew up going to 'the shore' every weekend or so (steamed crabs, hun?). Missed it terribly when I moved out to the Midwest. Then we moved to a place where we could see the Firth of Clyde from a hill behind our house. It was nice to be near water again. Now, I'm back to missing the ocean.