Have you seen the ocean?

Options

Replies

• maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    It's a 20 hour drive but I've seen it twice! :) We are starting annual or bi-annual trips to HHI from Iowa with our kids. First time was last year but we fell in love with it! I so wish we lived closer so it wouldn't be so expensive/time consuming to get there every year.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I have seen it a couple of times, but the Texas Ocean is way diffrent from the pretty ocean. The Texas Ocean is nasty and brown, not pretty. I went on a cruise to Cozumel, and it was beautiful. My husband is 30 years old and he saw the ocean for the first time last summer! but it was the brown Texas ocean in Galveston. I plan on taking him to see the beautiful ocean some time really soon!

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the Texas Ocean? Are you referring to the Gulf of Mexico?
  • MalibuBeth
    MalibuBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I see it every day!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I live 30-45min from the Gulf of Mexico. This is the furthest I've ever lived from the ocean. :(
  • btdublin
    btdublin Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    OMG you yanks are crazy. I can't believe you don't travel to the bloody edges of your own country at least! Most people saying they've only seen the Atlantic, Pacific or Gulf if any. Travel abroad, broaden your horizons people!
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I could take a blanket or a lawn chair and sit there all day Love the Ocean (Oregon Coast)
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Pacific, Atlantic, Caribbean, Mediterranean, and Gulf of Thailand. Have gone scuba diving in all but Mediterranean or Atlantic.
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    When I first seen this question, I thought that it sounded a bit crazy. I guess living in Britain where you're never too far from the coast even if you live smack bang in the middle of it, we're lucky compared to the USA where you can be pretty much landlocked.

Living in Britain as well means being close to Europe and most people here go holidays to European beach resorts at least a few times in their lives if not every year so we see plenty of the sea/ocean.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Atlantic a hundred times. Sadly the one time I went to the west coast (anahiem CA) wasn't close enough to see the pacific.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    OMG you yanks are crazy. I can't believe you don't travel to the bloody edges of your own country at least! Most people saying they've only seen the Atlantic, Pacific or Gulf if any. Travel aboard, broader your horizons people!

Are you serious? The state I live in is 3x the size of England, geographically. I've been coast to coast and border to border in the US. That is a LOT of territory to cover!

But lend me a few thousand and I'll happily broaden my horizons!
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    OMG you yanks are crazy. I can't believe you don't travel to the bloody edges of your own country at least! Most people saying they've only seen the Atlantic, Pacific or Gulf if any. Travel aboard, broader your horizons people!

Ok, this Yank will list some places she has seen "the ocean" so you don't think we're all so provincial. Been to the West Coast, East Coast (maine to florida), Nova Scotia, Mexico, Thailand, Ireland, England, South Korea and Japan...and nope I wasn't in the military.
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Nothing like Florida's Emerald Coast!:heart:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Napa Valley California-lived in New York-Florida and Puerto Rico. I now live on the lake in Michigan-can't imagine not living near big water.
  • RDalton84
    Options

Jusy FYI the United States is a HUGE country lol takes a long time to drive and it is very costy. A lot of people don't have the time and/or money for a 20+ hour trip to the coast and for many people flying isn't an option either...
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    ....I have to LOL at the fact the "Have you seen the ocean?" could spark emotions (myself included) ....only on MFP : )
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    OMG you yanks are crazy. I can't believe you don't travel to the bloody edges of your own country at least! Most people saying they've only seen the Atlantic, Pacific or Gulf if any. Travel abroad, broaden your horizons people!

buy me a ticket!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I've seen the ocean from many different views.

JM
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    Atlantic, Pacific, Carribean, Gulf Coast, Gulf of Mexico, Cheasepeake Bay etc.

I have seen the Atlantic in all the Eastern Seaboard states: Maine, New Hampshire, Mass, RI, CT, NJ, DE, MD, VA, NC, SC, GA, and FL. I also have gone Scuba Diving in the Altantic from the Icey cold water of Mass/ME to the warm tropical water of the Florida Keys. I have wreck dived off the North Carolina coast and been 20 miles out for the good diving.
  • verapamil
    Options
    I live on a mile wide barrier island that sits between the Indian River and the Atlantic Ocean. I can hear the surf when my windows are open and my cars are continually covered in a layer of salty mist. I love it here!

I'm from Merritt Island (live in WA now). You live in a great spot :-)
  • I1ahunt
    Options
    I Love the Ocean something very calminga nd soothing about it even when she is rough and stormy. i consider myself extremely luck to have been to many of them around the world.