Have you seen the ocean?

Options

Replies

• DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I live in Western New York but I cannot live without going to the Ocean at least once per year...i try for more...So far in 2012 I have been to the Pacific and the Atlantic getting my feet wet both times!!!

I walk along Lake Erie a lot and pretend it is the Ocean...but it isn't.

We hope to retire near the Ocean or Gulf.

D
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I spent 20 years of my life Underneath it.
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I live an hour and a half from the ocean, I am just curious if there is anyone out there who has never seen it?

Take the hour and a half drive, it's beautiful, peaceful & powerful all at once. The picture on my ticker is the path to the beach just a few miles from my home....I sometimes think of moving, but I could never be far from the coast. I love the ocean : )
  • mzjandiace
    Options
    I lived by the Pacific (Seattle) most of my life, we head to the Atlantic (Myrtle Beach) once or twice a year, and I just got back from Miami~ and I think I love the beach in Miami the most.
  • Glasspack
    Glasspack Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've been lucky, I've seen the Atlantic, Pacific, Gulf of Mexico, Caribbean, and the Great lakes. A good friend of mine from college never saw it until we went on spring break 1 year. The look on his face was priceless.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    I'm 45 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico and love the long summer days when I can leave work and head straight to the coast...
  • newfieborn
    Options
    Grew up in Newfoundland as a fisherman. Loved the ocean and miss it now that I am living inland :(
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I grew up fishing on the Pacific. But, when I pastored a church in Colorado 16 years ago, I made a reference to the ocean in a sermon. Many people, mostly kids, but some adults, told me there is no body of water that you cannot see the other side. Even the Pacific, you can see Japan. It was an interesting conversation. They didn't believe I had been out on a boat and not been able to see any land.
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have seen it a couple of times, but the Texas Ocean is way diffrent from the pretty ocean. The Texas Ocean is nasty and brown, not pretty. I went on a cruise to Cozumel, and it was beautiful. My husband is 30 years old and he saw the ocean for the first time last summer! but it was the brown Texas ocean in Galveston. I plan on taking him to see the beautiful ocean some time really soon!
  • stephaniep12345mfp
    stephaniep12345mfp Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've lived in Massachusetts my whole life and grew up sailing on the Atlantic. I ride my bike to the beach now and can't imagine living anywhere I couldn't get to the ocean. In fact, my reward for reaching my goal weight is a new tattoo that encorporates water into it because it's such a big part of my life.
  • leelee_1974
    Options
    This post makes me want to drop everything and go now, play, collect shells, swim. I've seen the Indian and Atlantic oceans but really want to see the Pacific. Every night I go to sleep to a recording of sounds of the ocean. I'm about 2 hours from the sea in the UK but right in the centre, far from the coast. I think after this post I'll be daydreaming for the rest of the day...
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    I get to see the sea and the countryside every day. I love it.

trundle.jpg
  • annemckee
    annemckee Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I live on the Shetland Islands - I think we are never further than 3 miles from the ocean/sea. There is a place where the road cuts through a narrow part with the Atlantic on one side and the North Sea on the other.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I've seen it, but I live in Michigan and I know lots of people who never have.
  • mkmfrog
    mkmfrog Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yep, have had my feet in the Atlantic, Pacific and the ARCTIC oceans! Not sure when I will make out to the Indian....
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    I've always lived near the coast. I can't imagine living in a landlocked state. I'd go nuts!
  • Bella3119
    Options
    I can't imagine mylife without the beach. We live in SoFL and I've never been more than 15 minutes away from the beach. My girls and I even went on Christmas Day when is was a cool 79 degrees.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I've seen it, only once though, when I went to Cuba. It was so awesome and clear and warm, we were all just laughing like idiots when we got in.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I've only seen it once. I was 18 and in FL for spring break. I haven't had the chance to go back. I did spend a lot of time vacationing near Lake Huron as a child, which is so vast that you can't see anything....same effect as the ocean.
  • TammyW18
    TammyW18 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I live 5 miles from the ocean! However, I also live in a tourist town... so Ocean yes place to park NO!