may-december relationships

Options

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    My exH was eight years older than me. I very briefly dated a guy that was about 20 years older than me, but when I say 'briefly' I mean like, *cough* briefly.

My current fiancee is a little less than a year younger than me, and more mature than any other guy I've ever dated.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    i'm 53 and my boyfriend is 41. We been in a happy relationship now for 4 years :love:
  • lukeleia4
    lukeleia4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My parents are 21 years apart...
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    I'm 21 and my husband is 27.
    When I was 18 I briefly dated a guy who was 37.
  • jhebert87
    Options
    my boyfriend and i are 18 years apart but age really doesn't matter... i have dated guys closer to me and every single one of them have treated me like a piece of *kitten*... my current boyfriend is amazing and really knows how to treat a woman <3
  • jpalimpsest
    Options
    27 year difference

When we met, I was 28 and he was 55 (a month older than my mother!).
    It is a long distance, open relationship that began in 2006.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    a while back I dated a guy who was 45... I'm 32. I don't think I'd go over 5 years now...
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    The largest gap was 8 years ( i was 19 he was 27)
    My husband is almost 5 years older (ACTS like he's 10 years younger)
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I was 41, she was 27.
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    My husband is 10.5 years older than me lol! We've been together 12 years now

I was 19 when we met, and he was turning 30
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    4 years.

Doesn't sound too extreme but I was 14.
  • caretheaton
    caretheaton Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I dated an 18 year old when I was 22. He was a college freshman and I was a senior. It was fun during that time in my life, but there was definitely a HUGE maturity difference. My current bf is 31, and I don't think I could ever stand to date someone 30 ever again.
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Whe I was 34 I dated a man who was 49. It didn't last very long simply because of his very outdated ideas about the roles of men & women in a relationship, though. I haven't completely ruled out ever dating someone that much older agian, but I'd have to know that he was someone with much more open views before I could consider any level of commitment.

I typically tend to date 3-7 years younger than myself.
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    My husband is 14 years older than me. We have been married for 7 years. He is the best! :heart: him so!
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i am 22 and my boyfriend is 31 xx
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband and I are 18 years apart (him being older). Funnily enough, we split up over issues that had nothing to do with age!

As well, when I was 19 I dated a 40-year-old...Which wasn't anything serious, I just wanted to experiment.

Now I have a 22-year-old interested in dating me...and I'm going to be 40 on Macrh 6! I'm thinking he's too young though...but who knows!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I was 19 and he was 29. Have had "relationships" with guys who were quite a bit younger since I've been separated. A lot of guys my age look old enough to be my dad!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I was 18 and he was 34.
  • admanMike
    admanMike Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I recently heard about an age formula for old dudes...take your age, divide by two and then add 7.

So for an old dog like me (47) 30.5 is the youngest someone my age should date.

Of course, its hip for older women to date much younger guys...not so much the other way around :)