may-december relationships

Options

Replies

• Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    The current one I'm engaged to. I'm 21, he's 46.

DAMN!!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I am 23 and my fiance will soon be 33. We've been together for over 4 years!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    When I was 16 my bf was 24.
    When I was 27 my bf was 19.
    I am currently 32 and my gf is 26.

:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    The current one I'm engaged to. I'm 21, he's 46.

DAMN!!

Yep, 25 years. He's awesome.
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My husband is 22 years older than me--we've been married 20 years in August.
    :flowerforyou:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    The oldest guy I had been with was 40 when I was 20. He had the mentality of a 20 year old though. :grumble:

Every serious relationship I've had, he's only been a month or two older than me.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    @ 26 I dated a 19 year old.

Did not last very long. As we were in different places emotionally.

@ 18 I dated a 28 year old. This ended badly! After about 6 months she proposed! I had to walk away, I was no where near ready to make that kind of commitment.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    17 year age difference...(with me being younger by age) he was about 20 years younger in personality...total mistake

Now married and my husband and I only have a 7 year age difference (he's still older)
  • daisydieter
    Options
    My spouse is 15 years older than me. I love him but will point out to any 25 year old interested in a 40 year old man that there does come a period where you feel a bit mismatched in terms of interests because of the age difference. Now that he is nearly 60, we're having troubles finding things we both enjoy. He's slowing down....
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    My wife is 8 years younger than I am, but light years ahead of me in maturity.
  • glass2diamonds
    Options
    i just turned 28 and my husband will be 38 next month.....that is 10 years between us...We get some very awful looks when we are out together. He looks much older because of his hair is already gray. and I look very young with my now short hair. I find it funny..although I did have a lady over the weekend call him a pedophile. I said here is my drivers license...say that again please.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    7 years between my husband and I. I'm 27 and he's 34. We were 21 and 28 when we met.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    The largest age difference was 15 years older. Im not so sure how hot that would be now that I'm going to be 45yo. He would be turning 60yo!! I guess it all depends on how well he keeps himself (at any age).
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    My spouse is 15 years older than me. I love him but will point out to any 25 year old interested in a 40 year old man that there does come a period where you feel a bit mismatched in terms of interests because of the age difference. Now that he is nearly 60, we're having troubles finding things we both enjoy. He's slowing down....

I used to get a lot of questions regarding that. I'm glad to know there's another person out there that can do it. :)
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and my boyfriend is 35. We're together two years, although people think he's only 27.

Biggest non-serious gap, I was 22 and he was 45....
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    I dated my 32 year old history TA when I was in college. But he had lied to me and told me that he was only 25. When I found out, I broke up with him not because of his age, but because he had consistently lied to me about that and a few other important facts as well.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    At 28, I was with a man who was 42. Loved it, would do it again in a heartbeat.

I'm just about to turn 30, and while I realize there are exceptions to every rule, I just have very little interest in men my own age. It has everything to do with their mental/emotional age( --why do we, as a society, keep fostering an environment that encourages men to never grow up?!). I don't want to be anyone's mother, and I don't want to spend every evening playing video games. If I could find a man closer to my age who acts like a man and not a man-child, that would be AWESOME. But it hasn't happened for me so far.
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    i was 18 and he was SUPPOSEDLY 28, he was actually 36.

That was just one of the lies - my first and last big mistake HA

Now im 21 and my bf is 24 and hes lovely xxxx
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and my husband will be 42 in March. I love the age difference. His age makes him more laid back and that helps me b/c I am so uptight. And he says I make him feel younger. I was 25 when we met he was 36
  • crissy170
    crissy170 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just turned 50 and hes 12 yrs older . just about to turn 62 . been together 30 yrs .. but i can see now .. how the age impacts ,, only recently tho .. didnt make much difference when i was 30 and he was 42 ...