may-december relationships

Options

Replies

• 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    when I was 30 I briefly dated a 50 year old HOT man.

:laugh:

My 42-year-old was totally friggin' hot, too. Drove me crazy. He also had more energy than most people I have ever met...
  • rayleansout
    Options
    When I was 26 dated a 46 year old hottie - for 2 years. After two years she sent me on my way saying i needed to find a younger woman and have babies and a family, She was a sweetheart!!
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    My husband is my biggest gap. 7 year difference. We got together when he was 19 and I was 26. I don't think I could have dated and married just anyone younger. Right from day 1 he was very open about wanting kids and getting married and settling down. Most 19 year olds had far different goals. I'm now almost 32 and he'll be 25 and I've never looked back. We have a 2 year old and it all has been the Best decision ever :)
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I will be turning 56 in May. My husband just turned 40.
  • RockChick1984
    Options
    18 year gap... i love the older gent... they so hot :love:
  • Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My husband is 22 yrs older than I am.
  • DarthNox
    Options
    I just turned 27 a couple wees ago, and my boyfriend will be 38 in May. So we're 11 difference. I have always preferred older guys; something about the ones my age acting like jerks most of the time got to me (and that's not to say the older ones don't LOL).

His friends (who are his age+) love to give him props for a younger chick.. especially since I don't look anywhere near my age. we've been together 4 years.
  • Time2Live99
    Options
    I've always dated guys that were older than me, I just fine guys around my age too immature. But i would say the biggest age gap was when i was 21 and dated a 38 year old. so 17 years difference.
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Just curious....what's the largest age difference you and a s.o. have had??

Example...when I was 23 I dated a 39y.o.

Never gone past 16yrs old though

Same here...I briefly dated a 39 yr old when I was 23. since then I think my largest difference was only a few years. My wife is 2 years younger than me.
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    My husband is 13 years older than I am. I think it makes a difference when you are passed your early 20's or so.
  • KatrineJohansen
    KatrineJohansen Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    5 years, three months, three days. For three months of the one year long relationship I was fourteen when he was 20.
    Pretty weird looking back at that.

My boyfriend of 2½ years is 2 years, 6 months and 13 days older than me. :)
  • PrincessMorticia
    PrincessMorticia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Just curious....what's the largest age difference you and a s.o. have had??

Example...when I was 23 I dated a 39y.o.

Never gone past 16yrs old though

That's actually pretty funny to me because I just dated a 39yo and I am also 23. Our relationship lasted March-
    December :P

I've always been attracted to older men because I have kids and I need someone mature, stable, wise....someone who will be my "rock" in the relationship. But this past relationship proved to me that just because a man is older, doesn't mean he has used his time in life to develop wisdom and character. Sometimes people are on the earth 100 years or more and never develop into a marriage-worthy person.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    When I was 20 I dated a 36 year old, so 16 years, but the WORST age gap was my first.
    I was 17, he was 28. Looking back... EWWWW! (eta - that would be the bio-dad of my son, so at least SOMETHING good came out of it)
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I married my high school english teacher- she is 20 years older then me.

We are coming up on 21 years of marriage (22 together) this year.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and been with my husband who is 31 for five years now.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I spent a year+ dating a man 24 years older than me, and a year+ dating a man 20 years younger than me
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Never dated anybody more than six months older or younger than me. In my teens and early twenties, I couldn't imagine dating anyone more than five years older or more than a year younger than me. However, since turning thirty, the idea of dating someone as much as eight or ten years older doesn't bother me like it used to. Wouldn't go much older than that, though, as my mom is only 52 and my dad is only 57. Any older than 45, and it's starting to get too close to my parents'age group....that would just be weird for me. :noway: I still wouldn't date anyone more than a year younger than me, though. I don't know why, but that just feels strange to me.
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options
    When we met, I was 25 and my husband was a month away from turning 32. I was working on my Masters and he was about to get his BSc, so I assumed he was my age or even a year or 2 younger. You could have knocked me over with a feather when he told me he was 31! But here we are, nearly 11 years later. :love:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    When I was 32 I dated a 23 year old.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    For a SO, no more than 9 years, I was 19, he was 28. For a special friend (if you know what I mean wink wink), 12 years, I was 30 and he was 42.