Personal trainer wanting to help:)

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    bump for later. I do have some questions that I will send later.

Thanks for the amazing offer of help. :)
  • Katesha234
    Options
    bump?!!
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Ok...seems like youre crazy busy but I have a question. Four weeks of tracking and exercising close to 6x/week. Lost only 2.6#, and the .6# was over THREE weeks! You can look at my diary (I think) Suggestions? Am I overlooking something obvoius? I just upped my goal from losing 1.5#/wk, to just 1#/wk loss. Figured maybe I need more calories? Thanks!!
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jcposton
    jcposton Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    Thank you for helping everyone!

My biggest question is: How do I get rid of the batwings so I can see my triceps? I do cardio kickboxing 2x a week with some strength training. I also spin a couple times a week. Now that I have lost 46 lbs and counting, I want to be able to do the punches in the studio without the back of my arms waving to the instructor! LOL

Thanks,
    Angel
  • marly2
    Options
    I would love to get workout for home or gym trying to get back into it.. used to workout w trainer but got expensive. Love free weights and need to tone the weight I've lost and get back into shape any help would be grand.. thank u Marlene
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Hi Nate,

This is very kind of you, and I hope you're not feeling totally overwhelmed already?! I wondered if you had any tips to make walking more effective? I have a somewhat insane life, and exercise has to fit into my schedule in a productive way ie. it has to actually get me somewhere - I cannot make time for a dedicated 'work out' unless I stop sleeping, so I use my commute to exercise. I lost weight steadily for the first three months, and easily lost the few pounds I put back on over Christmas, but I now seem to be stuck, and have been at the same weight since early January (though I do still seem to be losing inches).

Various people have suggested I change my exercise routine, but that's not feasible at a basic level, so I wondered if there are any ways I can increase the efficiency of what I am doing? Most days, I walk all or part of the way home from work - a minimum of at least 30mins at an average speed of between 3.2 and 3.8 miles/hour, according to my pedometer, burning a minimum of 220 cals (if I have time to walk the whole distance, this is usually closer to 50 mins and 350-400 cals). I usually carry a load of 2-5 kg, by the time I have my handbag and papers, though I don't factor this into my calorie burn. I had thought of cycling, but my commute involves some very busy roads and the cyclist death rate in this city is a bit too scary for me!

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • mocha76
    mocha76 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    bump to follow
  • PattyMallo
    Options
    Bump
  • Larswife
    Options
    Bump
  • ryjar80
    ryjar80 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Nate, hi hope you can help me. I'm 31 5'4 148 lbs. I've been doing p90 x for about 7 weeks. Before that 3 weeks of insanity. Was too insane for me lol. So I'm a little bummed because I've only lost 1 lb in almost 5 weeks. I keep changing my caloric intake it was 1350 then changed it to 1500 then to 1200 now I'm gonna try 1800. What's your take on how many net calories you should have left after exercise. A lot of people say never go below 1200... what else can I do to get better results? Thanks :)