Low calorie pancakes (under 30 calories each)

Options

Replies

• butterfly10398
    Options
    LOVE THIS! Going to give it a try!
  • giag09
    giag09 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    bump
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I started on MFP 8 weeks ago and have lost 8.6kg (19lb) so far. have had the occasional blow out day but try to claw the extra calories back over the next 2 or 3 days. Averaging about 1kg (2.2lb) a week loss and having sweet treats along the way, just in moderation.

I am astonished about how easy it is with good tools like MFp and the support of family and frioends.

Have to say dude, well done! Keep it up.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    bump
  • butterfly10398
    Options
    I'm thinking this recipe would be REALLY good with a sprinkle of cinnamon and splenda on top after it is cooked instead of syrup or fruit or something else, as a nice sweet dessert with minimal calories.... I can't wait to try this!!! :-)
  • mrsepiphany
    mrsepiphany Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I will have to try these. thanks
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    must save for later :o)
  • LittleElephant
    LittleElephant Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bumping! Yum.
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    DawnMarieMomofTwo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    bump to save
  • Mbond74
    Mbond74 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I started on MFP 8 weeks ago and have lost 8.6kg (19lb) so far. have had the occasional blow out day but try to claw the extra calories back over the next 2 or 3 days. Averaging about 1kg (2.2lb) a week loss and having sweet treats along the way, just in moderation.

I am astonished about how easy it is with good tools like MFp and the support of family and frioends.

Great job! Me too! The support and tracking make a HUGE difference! :-) Best of luck to you and thanks for the recipe!
  • lillydlc
    lillydlc Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    bump
  • karanmwk
    karanmwk Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love these pancakes! Thanks so much for posting!

I made them the first time exactly as the recipe stated and they were great. When I made the second batch I made a few changes. I used Whole Wheat Flour instead of Cake Flour, I added 1/2 tsp butter flavoring (I think I will increase this to 1 tsp next time), and I backed off the salt a bit (3/4 tsp) - next time I will reduce the salt to 1/2 tsp. I topped them with Sugar Free Strawberry Jam - 10 calories/tablespoon. Yum!
  • 2Phat1
    2Phat1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love these pancakes! Thanks so much for posting!

I made them the first time exactly as the recipe stated and they were great. When I made the second batch I made a few changes. I used Whole Wheat Flour instead of Cake Flour, I added 1/2 tsp butter flavoring (I think I will increase this to 1 tsp next time), and I backed off the salt a bit (3/4 tsp) - next time I will reduce the salt to 1/2 tsp. I topped them with Sugar Free Strawberry Jam - 10 calories/tablespoon. Yum!

I also use whole wheat flour now (I mill my own at home with the world's best kitchen tool and diet aid, the Thermomix :heart: ) and I like the textural change it adds. As a replacement for the milk a no fat runny natural yoghurt also takes out calories and adds flavour.

On the weekend I experimented with making almond milk (also in the Thermomix) and really like the flavour and sweet richness on morning cereal. I am thinking this would be good for the pancakes as well. It is richer flavoured than skim milk (which I don't use as I don't like the tsatse of milky water and use 2% milk instead) and almost half the calories of 2% milk.
  • 2Phat1
    Options
    I'm thinking this recipe would be REALLY good with a sprinkle of cinnamon and splenda on top after it is cooked instead of syrup or fruit or something else, as a nice sweet dessert with minimal calories.... I can't wait to try this!!! :-)

I couldn't agree more. Cinammon and a low cal sweetener would make a great flavour addition.
  • KimMcG24
    KimMcG24 Posts: 35
    Options
    Now if only maple syrup had so few calories...
  • Vanessa_lilia
    Options
    bump
  • 2Phat1
    Options
    Now if only maple syrup had so few calories...

I can't comment on the flavour as I haven't tried it myself but there are 30 calories in 1 serving of Maple Grove Farms Sugar Free Low Calorie Maple Flavor Syrup.

Check out the link. http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/maple-grove-farms/sugar-free-low-calorie-maple-flavor-syrup
  • Adelina92
    Options
    bump
  • madmama40
    madmama40 Posts: 42
    Options
    bump
  • ieva015
    ieva015 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Omg thats amazing! bump