How do you drink your coffee?

Options

Replies

• trinitylyons01
    trinitylyons01 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I drink decaf, add 2 packs of Truvia, 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream and 2 tablespoons of Torani Sugar Free French Vanilla Syrup. (I measure everything out). Yes, I like it sweet. It ends up being 100 calories but it's worth it.
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I drink mine with sugar free french vanilla coffee creamer (15 cal per tbsp). I tried substituting vanilla almond milk for the creamer but it just wasn't the same....so now I'm back to the creamer :laugh:

I think coffee is one of those things that I'm not willing to change to save the calories. I'm pretty happy with my 50 calorie cup, I like it just the way it tastes!
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Half a pot every weekday. Rarely on the weekends.

"Normal," regular coffee (currently dark roast Caffee Verona from Starbucks). Black. No cream, no sugar, no (insert your favorite non-sugar sweetener here). Only occassionally do I get "fru fru" flavored coffee grounds like hazelnut or french vanilla.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Black most of the time
  • lesliefunk
    lesliefunk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was in the same situation. I was drinking about a cup of full sugar, full fat hazlenut creamer every morning, which is almost 500 calories! I can't really stomach black coffee so I switched to sugarfree creamer which is 15 calories a tablespoon instead of 35 and I put a limited amount in.
  • challengeaccepted
    Options
    Black and hot. I don't add sugar or any artificial sweeteners, same with green tea. Sometimes I'll add one or two tbsps of heavy whipping cream if I haven't met my calorie goal by the end of the day. And when I'm in the mood for something sweet I'll add a tsp of Splenda.
  • yellowstonerocks
    Options
    Have you tried cold-brew? It removes the acids which means you no longer need cream or sugar.

Cold brew is stronger than normal coffee, and can be stored in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks. For hot, I add water and microwave, Add ice and skim milk for great iced coffee.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I would suggest switching the cream out for vanilla soy milk. They even make Light Vanilla Soy milk. It still gives you that sweet creamy taste without as many calories. Once cup of light vanilla soy milk is 70 cal. I usually put a few tablespoons in my coffee and that is about 15 or so cal. As for the sugar, I use it too, try getting a natural sweetener like Stevia/In The Raw or Truvia. I've found they're fabulous for coffee, calorie free, and it doesn't take much.
  • PCOSucks
    Options
    Two ways depending on my mood:

2 Tablespoons of Sugar-Free French Vanilla coffee creamer and one splenda
    OR
    2 Tablespoons of low-fat half and half, two splenda, and a pump of sugar-free flavored syrup (usually vanilla or chocolate)
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Black and steaming hot :)
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    Double shot espresso ..black with half Teaspoon of raw sugar :)) tastes good !!!
  • zanmarie
    zanmarie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Have you tried cold-brew? It removes the acids which means you no longer need cream or sugar.

I used to cold brew before I bought the Aeropress. I still made it with milk and syrup - though I could get away with a little less syrup than I use now.
  • adamsilva
    adamsilva Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    once i started IF i have my coffee tall and black. getting use to it too.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Black
  • KateB1982
    KateB1982 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Fat Free French Vanilla CoffeeMate.

^^^ this
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    once i started IF i have my coffee tall and black. getting use to it too.

I started drinking my coffee black a couple weeks ago. But just last week picked up some So Delicious "French Vanilla" coconut creamer for some variation. Now thinking of starting IF, I'll be going back to black!
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    If I am getting it from a cafe I will grab a skinny latte or flat white no sugar.

If I am having it at home I will have instant coffee on a small amount of skim milk and half a teaspoon of sugar.

I have been drinking long blacks lately, I got used to them when I fasted so now drink them on other days. Saves me some calories for food :)
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    Keurig coffee maker, with lots of flavor choices and a little bit of skim (nonfat) milk. Yummmmmmmmmy!
  • cruiser3004
    cruiser3004 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Black Espresso Plunger coffee, with 2 sugars (raw) and worth every one of the 42 calories & 5 Carbs:smile: , lol
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Black and strong