United Airlines - Overweight passengers

Options

Replies

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    How did I miss this? :huh:

My only comment is: Why are the seats so little to begin with? We aren't all 5'3 and 110lbs.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

:laugh:

moi
    Angel+smiley.bmp

I am curious though, for the people who are against this, do you think it would be fair for the people that are being encroached upon to receive special compensation by the airlines???

Just curious. :flowerforyou:

Free booze!

Woooot!!! Booking as we speak!!! :bigsmile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

My only comment is: Why are the seats so little to begin with? We aren't all 5'3 and 110lbs.

it is also 2009

miss much?
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    *happy sigh* this place is so fun and interesting.....

1st class
    coach
    bacon
    baseball
    pudding pops

my head is spinning with all the topics in this one thread:laugh:

Shannon is the thread master

*bows to Shannon*

Thank you for making my work days interesting!!!!!!!! I mean after all...who wants to work????!!!!!!???
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options

it is also 2009

miss much?

Didn't miss you! :angry:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

it is also 2009

miss much?

Didn't miss you! :angry:

liar liar pants on fire
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

1st class
    coach
    bacon
    baseball
    pudding pops

*bows to Shannon*

Thank you for making my work days interesting!!!!!!!! I mean after all...who wants to work????!!!!!!???

NOT I !!!!! :drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Options

1st class
    coach
    bacon
    baseball
    pudding pops

*bows to Shannon*

<
    looks at post count....

Nor I. :embarassed: :embarassed:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

1st class
    coach
    bacon
    baseball
    pudding pops

*bows to Shannon*

<
    looks at post count....

Haha, looking at post count, it appears Mello is the only one on the page who DOES work!
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

1st class
    coach
    bacon
    baseball
    pudding pops

*bows to Shannon*

<
    looks at post count....

Haha, looking at post count, it appears Mello is the only one on the page who DOES work!

this is work
    dont you doubt that
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options

1st class
    coach
    bacon
    baseball
    pudding pops

*bows to Shannon*

<
    looks at post count....

[/quote

I get here when I can....*grin* Friday afternoon....no one else here....good MFP time!!!!:drinker:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Believe it or not humans on airplanes are walking cargo. The more cargo you ship, the more it costs.
    Priority mail from the USPS is $8.95 for 20 lbs. not however much you can cram into the box. I have family members from Hawaii who tip the scales over 400 lbs. I love them, I would not want their left butt cheek overlapping my seat all the way to Hawaii on a flight, There is a lot of larger seats in alot of planes, it is called first class. If you cannot fit in a single seat, buy two, they will even give you two snacks to shove in your mouth because you paid for two seats.

Professional Wrestlers, Weight lifters and others Heavy weight Boxers fall into this category, they are not being discriminated against. The victim mentality that if I am obese I deserve special treatment is poppycock. Cargo gets shipped by the pound, want a smaller bill, reduce the cargo being shipped. I am on this website because I made this problem for myself! Whining about it just encourages more bad eating habits. Nobody likes being overweight or the problems it causes however ladies and gentlemen even for those with severe medical problems that contribute to the problem there is solutions. Too many people just don't care enough to do anything about it. I respectfully submit that if you can't fit into one seat you simply pay for the amount you fit into so that everyone on the plane is just as comfortable as you wish to be.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Believe it or not humans on airplanes are walking cargo. The more cargo you ship, the more it costs.
    Priority mail from the USPS is $8.95 for 20 lbs. not however much you can cram into the box. I have family members from Hawaii who tip the scales over 400 lbs. I love them, I would not want their left butt cheek overlapping my seat all the way to Hawaii on a flight, There is a lot of larger seats in alot of planes, it is called first class. If you cannot fit in a single seat, buy two, they will even give you two snacks to shove in your mouth because you paid for two seats.

Professional Wrestlers, Weight lifters and others Heavy weight Boxers fall into this category, they are not being discriminated against. The victim mentality that if I am obese I deserve special treatment is poppycock. Cargo gets shipped by the pound, want a smaller bill, reduce the cargo being shipped. I am on this website because I made this problem for myself! Whining about it just encourages more bad eating habits. Nobody likes being overweight or the problems it causes however ladies and gentlemen even for those with severe medical problems that contribute to the problem there is solutions. Too many people just don't care enough to do anything about it. I respectfully submit that if you can't fit into one seat you simply pay for the amount you fit into so that everyone on the plane is just as comfortable as you wish to be.

Poppycock:laugh:

I have got to work that word into my conversations more often. :wink:
  • czewwhat
    Options
    My Son. a college level athlete decathalon as a matter of fact, once paid for three seats, so he could stretch out and not be cramped during a flight. He made a choice to be comfortable. Like riding in a Limo instead of riding in the back seat of a volkswagen. You get what you pay for!
    Why would anyone larger than one seat want someone else to stare them down while they encroached on the person next to them's space. Or suffer the humiliation of the flight attendant having to remind them that they don't fit in their seat! If you weigh 300 pounds, dont expect to be comfortable on a milk stool. Pay for what you need, pull your head out of the sand and realize there are others who paid for their seat, and they don't want you on it.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options

moi
    Angel+smiley.bmp

I am curious though, for the people who are against this, do you think it would be fair for the people that are being encroached upon to receive special compensation by the airlines???

Free booze!

For free booze, I'd sit on the person's lap. If they got fresh I'd let them get to first base.:embarassed:

Seriously, I don't think there is any special compensation the airlines could offer to make me want to be encroached upon in my already tiny seat.:smile: Coach is too uncomfortable for me already. I am 5'10".
  • Shannon023
    Options
    [For free booze, I'd sit on the person's lap. If they got fresh I'd let them get to first base.:embarassed:

Seriously, I don't think there is any special compensation the airlines could offer to make me want to be encroached upon in my already tiny seat.:smile: Coach is too uncomfortable for me already. I am 5'10".

:laugh: I love you, kechie!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    [For free booze, I'd sit on the person's lap. If they got fresh I'd let them get to first base.:embarassed:

I love you, Shannon! Talk radio too. Something else we have in common.:drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Options

I love you, Shannon! Talk radio too. Something else we have in common.:drinker:

I need someone other then my husband to yell profanities at. :laugh:
  • czewwhat
    Options

moi
    Angel+smiley.bmp

Free booze!

For free booze, I'd sit on the person's lap. If they got fresh I'd let them get to first base.:embarassed:

That would create a riot! He hasnt had a shower, his smell offends me, Im not willing to have that screaming child next to me, etc. etc. the airlines owe you a flight to where ever, without someone in your lap, or lapping over your seat. period. they dont owe you a trip to your wildest fantasy while they get you there.
    I once had the flight attendant make a mother of an unruly child stop kicking my seat over and over, did the airline owe me anything for that, or did the flight attendant do her job and make the unruly childs mother be considerate, case closed.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

:noway: We arent? You mean this isn't itty bitty kiddy land?? I must have missed my stop!