Hey babe! ;)p

Options

Replies

• sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I dont get called any pet names very much, but I say "honey" and "love" or "sweetie" all the time to my MFP friends. I dont mind it at all. I feel pretty close to those on my friends list.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I love it when a woman calls me handsome. Better than being called Herb. LOL!!!
  • CAKEDOC
    CAKEDOC Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i do it all the time to those beautiful women on my list.. which is ALL of them :)
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    I don't mind for the most part, depending on who its coming from and if they mean well by it. Here in the south, its commonplace to be called something other than your name, esp if you don't remember their name : )
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I prefer to say "hi skank, wanna be pals?"
    :noway: You never said that to me... I'm learning things about my pals that can't be unlearned.
    :frown:

I respect you tho.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    So smoooooooth :heart: it!
    i do it all the time to those beautiful women on my list.. which is ALL of them :)
  • ImSoPerfectlyFlawed
    Options
    Doesn't really bother me
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    When a dude I don't know calls me babe it just confuses me...are we dating?

The only name that really makes me mad is "sweetheart" because it seems so condescending to me for some reason.

Otherwise, eh, whatever. Doesn't bother me!
  • BAMFMeredith
    Options
    I don't mind for the most part, depending on who its coming from and if they mean well by it. Here in the south, its commonplace to be called something other than your name, esp if you don't remember their name : )

Hahaha yes, here in the south you are referred to as "honey" or "sweetie" by a random person at least once a day!
  • BAMFMeredith
    Options
    Mama.
    I MELT
    :)
    :heart:
    Mine too!! :)

I'm just the opposite. DO NOT call me Mama unless I am actually your biological mother!

But hey, to each their own!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on the circumstances. I don't typically mind being called "honey" or "sweetheart" by a male friend, but in a business situation, it flat out pisses me off.

As far as guys on MFP, pretty much anything but "babe" and "baby" are okay with me. I don't want to be called that by anyone other than a man I'm in a relationship with.

As for women, I do not tolerate being called *****, *kitten*, or slut by female friends. There are enough men in the world who think it's okay to refer to women using those terms. They don't need any further encouragment to do so, which is what we give them when we refer to ourselves and other women that way.
  • _greeneyedgirl_
    Options
    I love all the pet names my girlfriend has for me. Some are romantic, some cute and silly, and some have special meaning, or are inside jokes. Whatever they are, they always make me smile.

I don't mind my friends that I am close with calling me babe, sweetie, hun, b*tch, etc. It gets creepy when someone you don't really know does it though.
  • PhatBlastinPhil
    Options
    it should
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I don't care at all. Pet names rather weird when first talking with someone. But beautiful..gorgeous ect ect a compliment is a compliment.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    It cracks me up when I see the married dudes saying that kinda stuff. If their wives only knew, lol
    Agreed!

I AM married, my wife is on here, also. We know who our hearts belong to...

Well said.

What I find funny about the original statement is that it specifically calls out DUDES. Does that suggest it is ok for married women to call their male MFP friends pet names but not ok for married men to do it?
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    my girls and i call eachother slut and *kitten*. it's so endearing.

Those are my husband's pet names for me, no one else is allowed to call me that.

In general, I'm not a big fan of familiar terms (e.g. babe, honey) unless they're used by someone who knows me well, but online sometimes it serves as an alternative to things like tone of voice that might indicate concern (e.g. "Are you okay hon?"). Also, gender, and previous interaction play a part in it as well.
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm from the South and we call everyone pet names. On any given day you'll be honey, hun, baby, doll, sugar, sweety, sweetness, darlin, honeybun, cupcake, puddin, princess, muffin, precious...pretty much anything but your name. In fact, there are times when you will wonder if anyone around you actually knows your name.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I prefer to say "hi skank, wanna be pals?"
    :noway: You never said that to me... I'm learning things about my pals that can't be unlearned.
    :frown:

I respect you tho.

Well then. Wait. Am I the respectable woman in your list that lures other gals in? Am I your wingman?
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Mama.
    I MELT

I'm just the opposite. DO NOT call me Mama unless I am actually your biological mother!

^^^^^^ this!!!!!
    If I'm not your Mama.... Don't call me Mama!
    It makes me think of my son.... And that's reallllly not what you want me to be thinking about!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Country boys says it right so that it doesnt sound like "momma"
    It's mama...
    Mama.
    I MELT

^^^^^^ this!!!!!
    If I'm not your Mama.... Don't call me Mama!
    It makes me think of my son.... And that's reallllly not what you want me to be thinking about!