Guys....when you send a FR to a girl....

Options

Replies

• RunJasonRun
    RunJasonRun Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    But seriously, what else do we really have to go on??? You have a sexy profile pic up, naturally we're going to be drawn to that, and chances are, that's all we have to go on since we are not yet friends. You ladies are too hard on guys for being guys. A friend request is sent, to get to know you and your fitness beliefs........now, if after accepting, a guy makes inappropriate comments, then cut him free. But dont assume a guy is a *kitten* because he compliments you on how you look when sending a fr.

What he said!...
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    One guy sent me a msg saying i was hot and he wanted to sext with me and blah blah some other random talk about being bored and wanted to talk dirty, I laughed pretty hard as I deleted, considering I am happily married for 6 years and have 2 kids and am so completely beyond that lol
  • StrengthInPain
    StrengthInPain Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    my problem with this is the following:

Guys compliment girls in FR by saying You're hot, I think you're cute, blah blah... and most of us take it as a compliment. But it's a usual, every day occurrence that a guy is basically hitting on you through a computer.

If a girl, turns around, and FR a guy, and sends a message saying "You're Hot" "nice body" etc.... we are labelled "trolls" "stalkers" "desperate". Unfair.
  • cheesenbrats
    Options
    I dont send fried requests to girls because I dont want to be confused as a "creeper." I am on this site to lose weight and have a healthy support sytem, not start a relationship. There are other sites for that.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    I always point out that I am typing my request one handed.....
  • thekacks
    thekacks Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'll take a "you look hot" request over a "you look like a cow/whale/hippo/etc" ! LOL Guys are just being guys. I typically only friend request guys that are on the same path as me as far as weight loss. But I do have one that I added just because he's a cutie... and he is losing too... so it's a double bonus. Most of the guys on my list are good looking tho.. ok... all of them are:)
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    (don't get too vulgar or tell me what you want to do to my corpse, but "you're hot" would be okay).

Your corpse? Really? This thread just keeps on a'gettin' better.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    why-didnt-you-accept-my-friend-request.jpg
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    This reminds me of the worst MFP FR message that I've gotten to date. The guy put "*kitten* *kitten* *kitten*" and wanted me to add him. Obviously, I didn't :laugh:
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Guys ... if your FR to me says, "you're pretty hot, and you have made me laugh three times today." I'm really likely to accept. Unless you're a true creep.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    One guy sent me a msg saying i was hot and he wanted to sext with me and blah blah some other random talk about being bored and wanted to talk dirty, I laughed pretty hard as I deleted, considering I am happily married for 6 years and have 2 kids and am so completely beyond that lol

Wow. You too? I got that same FR!
  • CrisN99
    CrisN99 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    As long as they said 'you're" and not 'your', I would be glad. The world needs more correct usage, yes?
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    As long as they said 'you're" and not 'your', I would be glad. The world needs more correct usage, yes?

YES. Hell, I'd even accept a dude's FR who said "you're hot" to me. And I'm happily married for over ten years, and straight. I just love proper English that much!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    my problem with this is the following:

Guys compliment girls in FR by saying You're hot, I think you're cute, blah blah... and most of us take it as a compliment. But it's a usual, every day occurrence that a guy is basically hitting on you through a computer.

If a girl, turns around, and FR a guy, and sends a message saying "You're Hot" "nice body" etc.... we are labelled "trolls" "stalkers" "desperate". Unfair.

No offense at all but you have that COMPLETELY backwards!

Guys? Any of you get all creeped out when women tell you how hot you're looking? Hell I had a girl I didn't even know post some outlandish $#(% on my page and I just laughed.

Guys love the attention even more than you ladies do. And we're much less likely to worry about "creepers".

I know I don't call girls who say nice things to me trolls. Any of you guys?
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    LOL! I have yet to get a FR from a guy =)
  • ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options

Hilarious!!- thanks for that!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    (don't get too vulgar or tell me what you want to do to my corpse, but "you're hot" would be okay).

Your corpse? Really? This thread just keeps on a'gettin' better.

I was trying to think of examples of things that would be off limits, that seemed like a safe bet. I also don't want to hear about you typing one handed (unless your other hand is missing or injured), you can keep that to yourself.
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    LMAO...Really...they do that?????