Horrible things your parents did to you

Options
14567810»

Replies

• trw16
    trw16 Posts: 1
    Options
    So many it is hard to know where to start:

-I was forced by my dad to get a buzzed military hair cut for many, many years. He would drag me to the barber every 2 or 3 weeks.
    -Mandatory yes sir, no sir, yes ma'am, no ma'am at all times when addressing or responding to all adults
    -Dad is a neat freak, so us kids were forced to wear paper napkin bibs (tucked in our collars) during most meals. Not a big deal at home, but not cool when you are in middle school and you are in a restaurant and a classmate walks by your table and stares.
    -Severely spanked when they thought we were disrespectful or rude or failed to show proper respect.
  • MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    When my pops worked on his car he would make me hold the flashlight. You know what I learned.....I can't hold a flashlight. All my dad did was yell at me "You're doing it wrong put the light over here" then he'd hit the back of my head and say "Pay attention pendejo"..........................GOD I f*cking hate flashlights!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpgbWhMVkrXnMiHPP7jCa-vsToaqkCvT7eAXLK9SqNTLUHkr-kig

OMG...I know I'm a little late to this game, but this is the best thread ever! And I want to know if there is some Dad 101 class in Flashlight Etiquette that men are required to take before parenthood? Because my dad was the same way. Only I'd have to hold the hood of the truck up with my other hand and while he was yelling, I would fantasize about dropping that f*#ker right on his fool head. Funny thing is now I sit in the OR with a c-arm (radiographic equipment) and listen to a surgeon yell that I don't have it lined up right...

Anywhoo....here's my horrible story: One Christmas when I was 12, I unwrapped a box of SUPER PLUS tampons in front of the entire family...I was absolutely mortified and thought my mom had lost her marbles when she kept INSISTING that I open the box. WHY would I do that, so I could pass one out to everyone? Turns out she ran out of boxes and wrapped a set of gloves in the (supposedly) only box she could find.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    My mom told me the truth about from whence babies come. She was also honest when I followed up with "But...even...ME?". I hoped so that the answer to that would be negative. Ew.

She also was pretty explicit about stranger danger and would tell me about news stories. Sounds like a good idea, except there are some things for which 9 year-old girls just do NOT need a definition. I knew exactly how they put the Sodom in Sodom and Gomorrah. Bleh.

She was pretty progressive, and managed to raise me to adulthood with a healthy fear of sex with strangers. Good woman. Never mind...
  • lhughes404
    lhughes404 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My mom didn't give me enough of the sex talk. I didn't know what a *kitten* was until after college.
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    My dad threw me in a crib when i wasnt even 1 & my mom lied about the bruises I got.

yeahhh..Id kill my fiance if he ever did that to our baby...literally D:
  • Ante_Up
    Ante_Up Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Me and my brother rode in the back of the truck just about everywhere we went. We had a spare tire to sit on. Seat belts? What the hell were those? LOL
    I used to love riding in the back of my Dads truck too! I also used to stand up beside him on the seat while he drove. Yes "stand" LOL, I wasn't very tall back then, heck I'm not very tall now at 5'1 hahaha.