Calling all Geeks & Nerds.

Options

Replies

• mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I'm nerdy in the sense of I was more upset when I lost my Gameboy Colour then when I lost my Nintendo DS (both within a month of each other)
    I have a large collection of cheesy t-shirts, most of which I bought from the children's section.. Spongebob, Spiderman, etc
    I make many references to Harry Potter films
    I know the entire intro to Star Trek and used to duck to avoid the ship flying towards the screen
    I have a pokedex
    I love going to watch plays
    Most of my iPhone's memory is packed with silly games
    I've wrote my own comic strip and my own detective series
    I have a secret passion for power rangers
    I wear glasses just for kicks sometimes.

I'm sure there's more.

I'm more of a nerd than I thought :/
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    lol 300 hours into skyrim.... I had a quest that I couldn't finish so I just started over.... more monopolizing of my ps3!!!!
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan, but I love Star Trek! And Zombies!

I love the Walking Dead as well. And books. Lots and lots of books. And Harry Potter (<3). AND Invader Zim.
    And video games...like Skyrim. *drools*

And if you tell me you love Dragon Ball Z I will be your friend forever. FOREVER!

Also, I'm a wannabe fiction novelist and English major in college. I must really want to never have money. :laugh:

Nerds :heart:
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Oh hey! I love Zombies. Who doesn't? Isn't that why we're all getting in shape? To out run them?

I love reading. I love going to conventions. I've been to San Diego Comic Con twice and attended New York Comic Con last year. I've learned that I'm more of a Marvel girl then DC over the past few months. I love a good horror movie. Oh and I was She-Ra for Halloween one year and Abby from NCIS another!

Feel free to add me!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    For all those that like to run and zombies https://www.zombiesrungame.com/.
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    oooooh oooohh add me add me!!!
    I have a 6 ft poster of Padme Amidala I have taken with me everytime I have moved (college dorms and all) since 1999.

I'm getting in shape for the zombie apocalypse too. cardio! cardio! cardio!
    I'm a Harry Potter and Doctor Who junkee... Venture Bros anyone??
    Have a shirt that says "Talk Nerdy to Me" on it and I loooooove it.
    Been addicted to Big Bang Theory since the beginning and want me some Leonard!

good grief, the geek things I could get into but I would spend waaaaay to much time filling in this space. Great to see so many awesome folks!! (Did you see me just go into happy puppy mode?? scary)
  • cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh, Skyrim... so consuming! Love it! I'm a total geek- large collection of books (hardcopy and epub)- mainly fantasy/sword and sorcery stuff-, I have a degree in biochemistry, have been to DragonCon twice (this year will be #3, possibly with costume if I can get creative), and am subject to nerd-rage when science isn't done properly- either at work, in books, or movies. Video games, cheesy movies and zombie contingency plans. (recently picked up a couple boxes of ZombieMax for my bf and my friend's hubby, oh yeah!) Go cardio and double tap!
  • Antigone
    Antigone Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm a geek girl but more of a Trekkie than a Wars girl. Although, we own all the Wars Blu-Rays becuase no geek home is complete without them.

I have the Firefly cutaways as wall art in the living room because science fiction ships make much better art than... ART. I have Enterprise D blueprints too but they haven't been framed yet.

I was a science officer for Halloween. With Vulcan ears and a phaser. Set to stun, of course.

Level 82 Human Warlock (although I haven't played in months because TIME, I HAVE NONE!) Although, I still think that Unreal Tournament was the BEST FPS EVER. Possibly could tie with original Quake.

I used to lie to my friends in high school and tell them I was grounded so I could go to lan parties and frag smelly boys because all my girl friends just didn't get it.

I follow Nathan Fillion, Wil Wheaton and Felicia Day on twitter because they are awesome. I almost had a heart attack when Wil retweeted a picture I took with one of his books. But I also follow "tech geeks" like Scoble because I am one of them also.

90% of my Christmas gifts came from ThinkGeek.

I started blogging before blogging was blogging. ;)

I'll stop now because, honestly, this could go on ALL DAY!
  • ambut
    ambut Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yo. Star Wars, zombies, Kevin Smith, Invader Zim...GET OUT OF MY HEAD. I definitely could use more nerds in my internet, and that's saying something. I'm an English teacher (not as crazy about lit as some, though), I play a lot of Rock Band (or did, when I had time), and I'm on Fitocracy. I read Penny Arcade and I get most of my shirts from Woot or ThinkGeek. I also have two black pugs who are extremely dumb. I think that's pretty much it.
  • katwj76
    katwj76 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm so loving this thread, not as nerdy as my husband, but extremely nerdy in my own way!

Sheldon from big band theory is my favorite and I have to see any and all superhero movies (especially x-men, even watch the cartoons on netflix - without my kids).
  • spaceys
    Options
    i won the "biggest geek" award at work. i'm a nerd too but i'm not into sci-fi. and i'm a dork on top of that!
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Oh! I almost forgot I dressed up as The Green Hornet last year at SDCC! Good times. I also run a convention blog!
  • emmamcc1981
    emmamcc1981 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm so loving this thread, not as nerdy as my husband, but extremely nerdy in my own way!

Sheldon from big band theory is my favorite and I have to see any and all superhero movies (especially x-men, even watch the cartoons on netflix - without my kids).

Sheldon is exactly the voice of my inner monologue....! i love him too!
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm a geek girl but more of a Trekkie than a Wars girl. Although, we own all the Wars Blu-Rays becuase no geek home is complete without them.

I have the Firefly cutaways as wall art in the living room because science fiction ships make much better art than... ART. I have Enterprise D blueprints too but they haven't been framed yet.

I was a science officer for Halloween. With Vulcan ears and a phaser. Set to stun, of course.

Level 82 Human Warlock (although I haven't played in months because TIME, I HAVE NONE!) Although, I still think that Unreal Tournament was the BEST FPS EVER. Possibly could tie with original Quake.

I used to lie to my friends in high school and tell them I was grounded so I could go to lan parties and frag smelly boys because all my girl friends just didn't get it.

I follow Nathan Fillion, Wil Wheaton and Felicia Day on twitter because they are awesome. I almost had a heart attack when Wil retweeted a picture I took with one of his books. But I also follow "tech geeks" like Scoble because I am one of them also.

90% of my Christmas gifts came from ThinkGeek.

I started blogging before blogging was blogging. ;)

I'll stop now because, honestly, this could go on ALL DAY!

I am so jealous of your Firefly and Enterprise D art!!! T.T

I have a couple of Star Trek Generations figurines decorating my apartment, next to my boyfriends Evangelion figures and I decorate my walls with Elderscrolls maps (I have Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim maps!), Zelda maps, and Fallout maps. Also, some metal vintage super hero art (flea market find heck yeah!)

That's art right?
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    yeah my zombie plan is through sheer terror as opposed to coolness.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15643_5-scientific-reasons-zombie-apocalypse-could-actually-happen.html

read and share my fear! lol

on the geek scales i have a random collection of pointless and unwanted action figures like silent bob, collect old books and actually read them, play big bang theory theme on electric guitar, can insult people in a variety of languages including Shakespearean and am a little obsessed with forensic anthropology :) its my hobby!

popping my cosplay cherry soon also as poison ivy! (not the spandex clad as that would be hideous!)

and am seriously in love with you all right now
  • Lizzard_77
    Lizzard_77 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Die hard Trekkie here, oh yeah and get this.....I am training to be a linux admin. in my spare time for fun!!!!! All my friends have chosen my house when the zombie apocalypse occurs and My hubinator and I built our own LED light boards for starting seedlings. And we have a fully automated house and irrigation system for our garden......Can I join the geek and nerd squad, pleeze!
    Anyone feel free to friend me :)
  • jsmith0644
    jsmith0644 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Star Wars, Star Trek ( it all about the duality man), LOTR and other Sci-fi / Fantasy. I'm not the obessessed (yes I am) but I like it.
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    So when I was sick for two days last year, my bestie at work made this on my wall for me to surprise me.

mario.jpg

that's right GIANT MARIO on my wall in post its...

and I added this after Christmas

tardis.jpg
  • fubar2us
    fubar2us Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Woot! Geek out time
    ZIM
    Star Wars- I have 7 different releases of the movies (Still need the laser discs)
    Star Trek
    BSG- All of them even the horible BSG 1980
    FireFly
    Farscape
    Big Bang
    and yes Harry Potter

Love the clasics= Forbiden planet, Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, Planet of the Apes

Consider myself an Otaku with the amount of Anime I have

Yes I do comics, Limited to marvel for the most part.

Pathfinder (D&D) weekly used to have several other games going each week as well
    Trifecta of system (PS3, 360, WII)= I also have many of the clasic systems and games

And I love movies
    http://www.moodb.net/user/?katzblood
  • ramonasowner
    ramonasowner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am a total nerd, proud of it, friend me too