Calling all Geeks & Nerds.

Options

Replies

• mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    ooooh add me!

:-P Like I haven't already known you for like 14 years... 14 years? 1998! We rocked AOL 2.0!

I know, I was thinking that today, we've known each other way too long. I think you've got the honour of being the person I have been speaking to over the internet the longest that I'm still in touch with.
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I love:
    D&D
    Warhammer 40k
    the Dragonlance series
    I am a huge board game fiend! Some of my favorites:
    Settlers of Catan
    Arkham horror
    Descent
    Zombies
    Zombie dice
    Munchkin
    Wiz-War
    Boggle
    Citadels
    Boom-o
    Boggle
    Some zombie movies.... I am kinda picky though
    Dawn of the Dead (original and new) and
    Biozombie are probably my favorites. Am I a nerd??? :)
  • leonghk12
    Options
    Yay great thread! Add me too!
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Huge pen-and-paper RPG fan... have two groups of guys all in their 30s and 40s, one group all IT pros and the other group mostly in construction (I kid you not!) who get together at various times throughout the year to play D&D, Ars Magic, GURPS, etc.

Huge 40K fan but only of the universe - not a fan of the miniatures game (I'm a terrible painter and would have no place to keep all the figs anyway!)

Watch Firefly probably once every six months. The whole series (however short it may be!)

Love the new Dr. Who. Loved the old Dr. Who as well (my older sister was a fan back in the day so I used to watch reruns all the time as a kid).

Oh and I'm an IT consultant, just passed a cert exam last Saturday, work in the Boston area on all sorts of awesome virtualization and cloud projects.

So yeah... add me to the team... I am definitely a nerd! :P

Edit: forgot to add my comic collection is in storage, don't revoke my geek card though - it's probably worth like $10,000 lol
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    51b4Di8JaL.jpg

Ordered for the weekend in honour of you all - do i just add you all then in that case do you think?

Are you inviting us all over to watch? I LOOOVE this movie!

It is so an invite, ill make sure i have plenty of inhalers on stand by and activate the phone tree to let your parents know where you all are
  • KlassyKassi
    KlassyKassi Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have chickens named Yoda and Darth Vader, and I have a constantly evolving plan for the zombie apocalypse. Do I qualify?
  • TheLNEC
    TheLNEC Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    To quote a bible, "The water monster is right, catman. They are among us."
  • wlgreen379
    Options
    Neil Degrasse Tyson and Stuff You Should Know do a great job to round out one's nerdiness.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Also, where is the love for Phineas and Ferb? That is the NERDIEST show on the planet and my daughter loves it. I actually laugh harder at it than she does.

And Game of Thrones, anyone? Winter is Coming on April 1st and I may be having a Nerdgasm that day...

Hell to the yeah! Just finished A Dance Wuth Dragons..... I have mixed feelings.... Clash of Kings will be ace on telly though
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Add me!! I may be more Star Trek and Andromeda/Dollhouse than Star Wars and Zombies, but we're all part of the Star Alliance, here! ;)
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Die hard geek... sent my 1 year old to school today in a "the force is strong with this one" onesie today. also work in IT. nerd. add me! I just joined and also need friends!

ps. I want more seasons of Firefly!
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    The group is really taking off.

You guys are awesome!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3566-the-geek-squad
  • goubug89
    Options
    I have an in-depth escape plan for when the zombie take over occurs... I also have an unhealthy love of comic books- in fact I may or may not have recently dressed my 4 month old in a series of comic inspired baby-grows (he makes a super cute Superman!) Feel free to add me all- where have you lovely geeks been all my life?! x
  • TurboChels
    TurboChels Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am currently listening to the Portal 2 soundtrack :) and my boyfriend and I were the 10th and 11th doctors for Halloween with a homemade TARDIS.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I am currently listening to the Portal 2 soundtrack :) and my boyfriend and I were the 10th and 11th doctors for Halloween with a homemade TARDIS.

A homemade TARDIS? You are amazing. That's gotta be worth like 20,000 geek points!
  • hesgro2
    hesgro2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Man, this may be my favorite topic ever! Feel free to add me too! I love Star Wars, anything zombie related (Walking Dead is awesome), collect comics, manga, watch just about any anime out there (subtitled, of course), and watch/read just about anything sci-fi or fantasy. :)

I just wish I knew this many nerds/geeks IRL!!! Whoever's comment was equating Twilight vampires to disco balls - love it! I still hate myself for actually sitting through that movie. I'd rather watch Plan 9 From Outer Space or Manos, The Hands of Fate than have to watch another Twilight movie!
  • EastCincyDad
    EastCincyDad Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Edit: forgot to add my comic collection is in storage, don't revoke my geek card though - it's probably worth like $10,000 lol

Make sure you have insurance for your storage unit. My son had a storage unit for less than 1 month while moving between apartments at college. It was broken into the day before he went to pick up his belongings. Found out the hard way that these places are often not insured and, unfortunately, are often robbed.

The anal-retentive geek in me made me post this response...
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I have chickens named Yoda and Darth Vader, and I have a constantly evolving plan for the zombie apocalypse. Do I qualify?

lmao not only do you have chickens, but they have awesome names!!!
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options

holy cow that is a GREAT picture on your profile.

I've never played Portal, but I enjoyed watching and listening as my hubby did. I liked the little avatar that you got for finishing it so much, that he played through Portal 2 on my xbl account so that I could have it too ha ha
  • TurboChels
    TurboChels Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks ! It was so cool looking and a lot of fun to make !