Calling all Geeks & Nerds.

Options

Replies

• cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Good morning, that's a nice tnettenba...

best line of all time ever!

In the fourth season, when they were talking about Jen the Fredo and Moss says, yeah he's the one that threw the ring into Mordor... I actually fell on the floor I was laughing so hard the first time I heard it ha ha
  • emmamcc1981
    emmamcc1981 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My nerdy list of things I love (in no particular order):
    - Comics (read, write, draw!)
    - Star Trek
    - Merlin (the BBC series)
    - Zelda
    - Zombie Movies
    - Miyazaki Films
    - Pokemon
    - Harry Potter
    - Playmobile
    - Ball-jointed Dolls
    - My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (yes, I shamelessly admit it)

Too much? Or not enough? :-P Haha!

i LOVE my little pony! it's so good! my fave is Rainbow Dash.... i make my girls watch it but really it's so i can, lols. i am also enjoying the new thundercats series. and anything studio ghibli. CARTOONS FTW!!
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Add me!

Even though you are wearing a Superman t-shirt and I can't stand that guy... *shakes fist* ....damn you DC....I make an exception because other than that transgression you do sound pretty awesome.

:wink:
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm not as good with computers as a nerd my age should be, but I'm into sci-fi, comics, LOTR, anything by Whedon and old-school gaming (Galaga!).

I'm also just into numbers and you should see the fitness spreadsheets I made before joining this site.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

In the fourth season, when they were talking about Jen the Fredo and Moss says, yeah he's the one that threw the ring into Mordor... I actually fell on the floor I was laughing so hard the first time I heard it ha ha

Got this reference right off the bat, so I guess I belong here too :tongue:
  • emmamcc1981
    emmamcc1981 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Good morning, that's a nice tnettenba...

best line of all time ever!

LOVE IT! just brilliant :D
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My nerdy list of things I love (in no particular order):
    - Comics (read, write, draw!)
    - Star Trek
    - Merlin (the BBC series)
    - Zelda
    - Zombie Movies
    - Miyazaki Films
    - Pokemon
    - Harry Potter
    - Playmobile
    - Ball-jointed Dolls

Too much? Or not enough? :-P Haha!

i LOVE my little pony! it's so good! my fave is Rainbow Dash.... i make my girls watch it but really it's so i can, lols. i am also enjoying the new thundercats series. and anything studio ghibli. CARTOONS FTW!!

Studio Ghibli! Yes!

There are way too many nerdy things too love!
  • Jessie_Dawn
    Options
    ha! love this thread!! I can honestly say I'm not as nerdy as most people on here, but I certainly am nerdy!! :smile:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm a Trekkie and a Whovian if that counts, a big reader of scifi/fantasy, and a fan of science and a studier of biology. :)
  • SoozieQuarks
    SoozieQuarks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello to my people. I need more friends on here STAT! I've got Ultimate Geek Cred - I'm a librarian. Or, as we like to think of ourselves - the spider in the middle of the web.

I love the idea of the zombie apocalypse as motivation to get into shape. I'm more motivated by the coming machine takeover though. Might have something to do with coming from a town where the local PC repair shop is named SkyNet.

I'm a nerdfighter also. Any fellow nerdfighters on MFP? DFTBA!

And, I'm a freethinking atheistic secular humanist possiblian that lives in the big, fat shiny belt buckle of the bible belt. (It needs tightening!) Anyone else going to the Reason Rally?
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Where to start:

Been gaming since 1978 and have a basement full of RPGs, miniature and board games. Still rocking AD&D 3.5, play old school miniature battletech and helped write the rulebook Hammers Slammers: Crucible to recreate the David Drake stories in miniature. I built my own 7 foot diameter, 3-D Settlers of Catan board.

I collect tons of prop replicas (and real props) with a focus on hero props. I have (working) Trek PADDs, ticorders, phasers, etc. Lots of Terminator items, Firefly, star wars, Stargate, Farscape, etc. My pride and joy is a working hero Logans Run Deep Sleep pistol (yes it shoots flame). My living room is decorated with Star Trek cut aways of ships with my 4 foot tall terminator standing guard in the corner.

I am a die hard ren faire addict and just recently got into steampunk. I used to make swords and daggers for a living and did the ren faire circuit for a few years. This year I will be going to the great new england steampunk con in Hartford- my friend is making me a steampunked Logans Run costume and my wife is going as a Last Day runner (if I can get ahold of my friend who works pyro for Broadway he will fit her with a bursting charge so that when I "shoot" her she explodes).

I worked on the set of two indie films- Vampire Lesbian Kickboxers (dont ask) and Blackballed: The Bobby DUkes Story which won a ton of awards a few years ago. Blackballed is a comedy based around paintball which I have been playing since 1982- I was a consultant and am in the film as the referree in the orange shirt.

I combine my geekiness with MFP and weight loss as I am registered for Zombie 5k up in Boston this May.
  • Gingerjoanna
    Options
    Please add me as I’m a closet geek, none of my friends like this stuff (they’re think it’s childish, though I’ve been friends with most of them for over 20 years and they didn’t even like it when we were kids….never understood that)…..so I never have anyone to have conversations about the following:
    Comics…really cannot imagine chatting to anyone about the schism storyline and getting anything other than a blank look 
    Anything Kevin Smith
    Anything Joss Whedon
    Lexx (though I’ve only ever met German people who watch this)

And LOVE retro cartoons.....now I was to find all my old VHS videos of My Little Pony, Care Bears, Rainbow Brite and if anyone remembers it Pole Position.....ok way too many to mention...and now I'm thinking about all the Gerry Anderson stuff...Terrahawks was my favourite...right need to get back to work...this site was meant to distract me from eating but now it is starting to distract me from my job :)
  • Siena_Risley_13
    Options
    - Zelda
    [/quote]
    lolz me and my friends are into zelda and anime
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I love Professor Brian Cox.
    That is all.
    Your already on my friend list :P
  • dhansen999
    dhansen999 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I always get confused if I am a nerd or a geek. haha. I am pretty sure I am one of the two if not both. I write code all day for a living and then I go home and write more code for fun. I even wrote a chrome user script for myfitnesspal.com last weekend.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    ZOMG I am so gonna add you. Huge fan of the dark side of the Force, The Walking Dead, Zombieland, Shaun Of The Dead, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, yada yada yada. Used to play table-top and online RPGs waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. Not playing those anymore but still got mah dice and character sheets!
  • Siena_Risley_13
    Options
    I love Professor Brian Cox.
    That is all.
    Your already on my friend list :P
    WHO ME??
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I'm a geek, and I am using myfitnesspal to get in shape for the zombie apocalypse.

You know, cos Rule One of Zombieland is Cardio.

Add me if you like :)

^^^ TOTALLY like! LOL.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    No power in the 'verse to stop you all.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    All this nerd talk is getting me hot and bothered. :love: