Calling all Geeks & Nerds.

Options

Replies

• wlgreen379
    Options
    <
    I'm working hard on converting this one... I have been introducing her to Star Wars and the other night my stomach rumbled and she thought it sounded like Chewey. I need people like all of you to be friends on here. Add please...
  • wlgreen379
    Options
    My friends list always explodes with these threads :laugh: I love it! Where are all the geeky people in my offline life??

Lol we only come out at night, natural light burns us

Don't get me started on vampires!! :D i liked them before it was 'cool'.....

I am a little ashamed to admit, that I may like vampires too. Except teen romance vampires. I've tried them, and I just can't do it. But then again, it wouldn't be right to like teen vampires when I was reading Anne Rice at the same age these girls are reading Stephanie Meyers. I'd rather read about Lestat/Armand/Marius any day over Edward. :tongue:

Anyone read the Strain series? Those Vampires kick the crap out of all the shimmery, I want to love you, vampires.
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My friends list always explodes with these threads :laugh: I love it! Where are all the geeky people in my offline life??

I am a little ashamed to admit, that I may like vampires too. Except teen romance vampires. I've tried them, and I just can't do it. But then again, it wouldn't be right to like teen vampires when I was reading Anne Rice at the same age these girls are reading Stephanie Meyers. I'd rather read about Lestat/Armand/Marius any day over Edward. :tongue:

Anyone read the Strain series? Those Vampires kick the crap out of all the shimmery, I want to love you, vampires.

Who is the author?
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options

You must see the film "Vampires" produced in Belgium in 2010.

Blackest comedy ever... it is a mockumentary where a film crew lives with a Belgian Vampire family for a year. I was in hysterics... "It's my death day- why do I have to bite the ankle?"
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options

Hahaha - this, definately!

"That's not a vampire, little fangirl. That is a discoball."
  • wlgreen379
    Options
    Also, where is the love for Phineas and Ferb? That is the NERDIEST show on the planet and my daughter loves it. I actually laugh harder at it than she does.

And Game of Thrones, anyone? Winter is Coming on April 1st and I may be having a Nerdgasm that day...
  • lostsanity137
    Options

Hahaha - this, definately!

omg I want to hug you! ROFL!
  • jazzgnat
    jazzgnat Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm a geek add me!

worked at a comic shop in high school (I don't collect though)
    Love table top RPG's
    MMO's
    RPG Video Games
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy
    etc.

Also recently joined the nerdfitness rebellion.
    http://www.nerdfitness.com
  • wlgreen379
    Options

Who is the author?

guillermo del toro (pan's labyrinth, HellBoy) and chuck hogan wrote the books. They are great!
  • lostsanity137
    Options

Who is the author?

guillermo del toro (pan's labyrinth, HellBoy) and chuck hogan wrote the books. They are great!

Ooooh! I thought that sounded familiar. I have that on my long list of books to read. I also have the Game of Thrones of my to-read list next. I am actually baffled how I seemed to miss that one when it seems to be so popular.
  • lostsanity137
    Options
    I'm a geek add me!

worked at a comic shop in high school (I don't collect though)
    Love table top RPG's
    MMO's
    RPG Video Games
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy
    etc.

Also recently joined the nerdfitness rebellion.
    http://www.nerdfitness.com

I recently joined the nerdfitness rebellion too! Yay! I love that website. I have dreams of looking like that Staci chick one day. *daydreams*
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    I have just made a group for us to all hang out and be awesome in...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3566-the-geek-squad
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options

Hahahaha :D
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm a geek, and I am using myfitnesspal to get in shape for the zombie apocalypse.

One of my reasons for being here! :laugh:

As of right now, I would still get eated lol.
  • Crys32
    Crys32 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I find geeks and nerds very sexy... hahaha.

I love zombies, too. Have a few ps3 games. :)

Feel free to add me.
  • 8bitAlina
    8bitAlina Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Man, these posts are full of WIN!! Geek/nerd here, major Doctor Who, Harry Potter, LOTR, Star Trek fan. Was in the chess club in high school, as well as IT club. Met my husband in a MUD, where I was a builder. Have a plethora of cheesy t-shirts in my arsenal, including a "University of Gallifrey" one. Our apartment is full of geeky paraphernalia that no one else gets but us. Did I also mention I love gaming? Waiting eagerly for mass effect 3 and ssx tricky to come out, while playing skyrim! :)

I am in love with all my geek brethren!! :) Add me if you'd like! :)
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    How did I take so long to find this thread? Hello - check the username people! Power to the geeks and nerds!! :bigsmile:

I also hope dropping the pounds and building my cardio will help me outrun the zombies - and P&F is a GREAT show!
  • BeesKnees181
    BeesKnees181 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Love this! I am a geek, too. Entomologist by training, but a naturalist at heart. I guess I am less a techy geek and more a nature geek...if that makes sense. Zombie movies make me laugh :glasses: snort. I love Star Wars...and I am proud of my freezer full of insects. I am joining your geek group now.
  • LadyoftheDisc
    LadyoftheDisc Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Zombies and Star Wars and Firefly, OH MY! Yeah, *raises hand* I'm a geek!! :)