Gym Pet Peeves?

Options

Replies

• KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Letting weights slam repeatedly which is usually accompanied by ridiculous gruting and/ or shouting... Probably should reduce your weight a bit if you can't follow it down...

Sometimes when I go to the gym with my friend, he makes me keep going on the machine until I've done all my reps, so sometimes, I'm sure people hear me say "Dammit, Takashi! *kitten* you!" I wonder if that bothers anybody... Oh well.
  • kidral97
    kidral97 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    people not cleaning machines! i've made it practice to before & after i use a machine. grosses me out see someone come get on treadmill for 5 minutes & walk off, but left their sweat everywhere...
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    Sometimes when I go to the gym with my friend, he makes me keep going on the machine until I've done all my reps, so sometimes, I'm sure people hear me say "Dammit, Takashi! *kitten* you!" I wonder if that bothers anybody... Oh well.

Hahaha...my husband pushes me to failure (which I appreciate)...but I tell him to "Go *kitten* yourself" or "You f*ckng suck" all the time! :laugh:
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    at my gym, the guys who play basketball always smell like weed. seriously, getting high to go to the gym?
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    at my gym, the guys who play basketball always smell like weed. seriously, getting high to go to the gym?

OMG that is freaking hilarious, could make for good entertainment anyway.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I've never understood reading while on the machine. Maybe my form is off but when my heart rate is over 150 (like it should be if you're doing cardio) I can't focus on anything but the music in my ears. I'm bouncing too much to see little tiny words.

THIS! I can't read well at all when am working out... I'm pretty sure that the higher my heart rate gets, the lower my IQ gets :tongue:

Also, I totally do not understand all the hate for people who use machines at their own pace or CAN read while exercising. Why does it bother you if someone doesn't run on a treadmill? Or if someone pedals faster at a lower resistance level? Or if *gasp* someone reads a magazine or newspaper while they use the machine?

Sometimes I hit the gym in the morning and just walk slowly for 30 minutes before work. I barely break a sweat but it's a nice way to start the day. Later that night I do my usual *kitten*-busting 1-2 hour workout.

As long as someone is actually using a machine and not just taking up space talking on it then you should probably mind your own business.

HA this right here! I can kick *kitten* on a machine while reading.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    So my newest pet peeve is getting my butt slapped.

I would LOVE to know how this one came about! LOL

I use the ballerina bar to stretch my legs, I guess if I am thinking like a guy it is a nice view but I have had my butt slapped a couple times when I am stretching. I am not playing basketball, lol.

Oh my gosh! Are these strangers or people you know?
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I read all the time when on the elliptical, and my heart rate is @ 150, no problem. I usually work harder and longer when I read, it distracts me from the pain, and fatigue...etc.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I hate the obnoxious grunter and growlers with a passion.

THIS. I may grunt on a heavy dead or squat, but my grunt doesn't travel more than 5 feet. Though one time I kind of squealed/whined on a squat and that sure did go across the room, so embarrassing, it was the un-manliest noise to ever come out of me.

I just can't help it. I mean today I did lockouts with 550...@180 I can't help to use everything I got including my lungs!! I may sound like a tool but I can't help it!!!

Yeah I can't stand guys hoggin all the 45 lb plates to do lockouts roaring like lions, damn sissy's.
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I hate the obnoxious grunter and growlers with a passion.

THIS. I may grunt on a heavy dead or squat, but my grunt doesn't travel more than 5 feet. Though one time I kind of squealed/whined on a squat and that sure did go across the room, so embarrassing, it was the un-manliest noise to ever come out of me.

I just can't help it. I mean today I did lockouts with 550...@180 I can't help to use everything I got including my lungs!! I may sound like a tool but I can't help it!!!

Yeah I can't stand guys hoggin all the 45 lb plates to do lockouts roaring like lions, damn sissy's.

Your so mean. Go eat a salad would ya!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ZILLAFIEEEEEEEEEED
  • caroliiine86
    Options
    In my gym we need reserve the cardio machines for a maximum of 30 minutes and I hate it when you arrive to reserve a machine and that there is already someone on it and he did not reserve or that there are several machines which are reserved and nobody on it!
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    sleeping lifeguards
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have now realized my biggest pet peeve. People who want the machines cleaned! I am not a germ phobe and could care less if my machine is wiped down when I go to use it. I don't see why I should have to take the time to get a towel and spray and wipe down a machine for those who are going to use it next unless there is an obvious sweat mark on the seat. If you are the one with the germ isssues then you should take the time before you get on to use it and wipe it down.
  • matthewparmenter
    Options
    I don't see why I should have to take the time to get a towel and spray and wipe down a machine for those who are going to use it next unless there is an obvious sweat mark on the seat.

hahaha

av_ot.jpg
  • lsgordon02143
    lsgordon02143 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oh, I don't know. As I'm an actual germ-o-phobe, I do usually wipe it down ahead of time so honestly I don't care so much if someone does or doesn't wipe it off after they use it. :) So she seems genuine to me. (But what do I know; I read on the elliptical ha ha)

I don't see why I should have to take the time to get a towel and spray and wipe down a machine for those who are going to use it next unless there is an obvious sweat mark on the seat.

hahaha

av_ot.jpg
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    i wanted to use a machine and 2 big muscular guys were talking there. One was sitting on the bench and the other was standing.. I did other exercises and came back 10 mins later and they were still there. I walked up and asked if they were done and they gave me the nastiest look, didnt say anything, and moved.

I'm fairly certain, as I was walking up, I heard them saying to each other "you're huge man" "No, you're huge" :wink:
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I have now realized my biggest pet peeve. People who want the machines cleaned! I am not a germ phobe and could care less if my machine is wiped down when I go to use it. I don't see why I should have to take the time to get a towel and spray and wipe down a machine for those who are going to use it next unless there is an obvious sweat mark on the seat. If you are the one with the germ isssues then you should take the time before you get on to use it and wipe it down.
    i totally agree....unless there's some visible sweat stain on the machine, i will just get on it.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i wanted to use a machine and 2 big muscular guys were talking there. One was sitting on the bench and the other was standing.. I did other exercises and came back 10 mins later and they were still there. I walked up and asked if they were done and they gave me the nastiest look, didnt say anything, and moved.

I'm fairly certain, as I was walking up, I heard them saying to each other "you're huge man" "No, you're huge" :wink:
    that was very nasty behavior from those "muscular guys" i have yet to see someone act like an ahole in the gym i go to. I have even taken the weights off a barbell thinking someone was done and they came back and politely told me they still were doing more sets. everyone is very nice it seems unreal
  • VinaAnderson
    Options
    The 90 year old man who bends over naked and dries his feat with a hair dryer. Talk about low riding

Hilarious!
  • lsgordon02143
    lsgordon02143 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    OTOH - anyone who is 90 and going to the gym gets huge accolades and a fairly wide range of acceptable behaviors. :)

The 90 year old man who bends over naked and dries his feat with a hair dryer. Talk about low riding

Hilarious!