Made me laugh....Silly girls in the gym.

Options

Replies

• Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    ...but it makes me laugh because she doesn't even notice them.

You THINK she doesn't notice them. We'll talk again in 9 months.

;)
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    ...but it makes me laugh because she doesn't even notice them.

You THINK she doesn't notice them. We'll talk again in 9 months.

;)

No, sadly she doesn't. There were several who were really rather cute and 1 even tried to talk to her. So I said "hey, what did you think about that guy that talked to you in there?" and she said "I thought he was talking to you."
  • xandra
    xandra Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    There is a gym beauty where I work out too. All done up to prance around and hog equipment while she talks on her cell. And yes I look like a sweaty mess. But she only annoys me when she is taking up space on the machine that I want to use.
  • pumalama
    pumalama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    How do you know that she isn't just starting out? Maybe she's never really had a trainer or anyone show her how to do anything other than what she was doing? She was thin, but she could have been coming back from an injury?

I know what you mean, but there could be a reason why.

I am rehabilitating my shoulder right now and this week the physiotherapist gave me a 1 lb exercise to do! so yah, I am not sweating with this but I can barely finish the reps because of the state I am in. This 1 lb feels like 100 lbs! You could not tell from looking at me because I can move my arm normally to open the door, carry my small bag, etc. I am aware I probably look silly struggling with my 1 pound weight but nobody ever died from looking silly ;)
  • LJC44
    LJC44 Posts: 221
    Options
    The thing I get most annoyed with our the people who sit on machines foreverand do nothing as well as those who walk like turtles on the tredmil while on the phone. Makes my blood boil!!! Cute made up girls doing nothing make me think "hmmm ok" but that ends in a second and I continue on :)
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I probably get made fun of at the gym then. I usually do my hair, make up, and put on cute earrings and bracelets. It doesn't get in the way of my workout but I figure if I'm going to get sweaty I might as well look cute doing it. Tank tops and shorts are just normal gym clothes I think so I'm not even sure if I'd even call it skimpy.

Also to assume she had low self esteem doesn't even make any sense. Maybe she takes pride in her good looks. Wouldn't she need to have pretty high self esteem to take good care of herself?
  • MissMisaki888
    Options
    i don't go to the gym.. yet that is.. i'm thinking about it though.. i have seen the " flamboyant" type- no offense to anyone- and i have seen the serious type ( who strain their selves and over work and also those who just relax and focus. Hey i was about 15 and wasn't allowed in the gym yet. But their was a HUGE window we could look in. "we' being me and my siblings. we were just kids though; and when we reached the age to go in- we didn't cause we were too chicken.. lol but i honestly think their's a time and a place for everything and the gym is not a pick up joint.. it can be dangerous if anyone was to be detracted especially while lifting heave weights.. allot of bad things can happen. It should be a place you go to work out and focus on getting in shape. if you like some one- you should ask for their number and meet after the gym or work out together. Not make your self look trashy to gain attention.. just saying.. Don't mean to offend anyone; just think curtain things shouldn't be in curtain places..
  • butterflyliz32
    butterflyliz32 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    HAHA. i know what you mean.. and for the record MEN do this also. You know, the big buff ones who spend more time walking around the machines/weights than lifting them!

Such a distraction though. I don't know who they are really trying to impress. So sad.

LOL I always get a kick out of watching the big buff guys watching themselves lift in the mirror and looking like they are ready to jump their own bones!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Your profile pic is distracting.
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    If she's 90 lbs, what do you expect her to lift?

I don't lift anything, so I'm sure I'd start at 5lbs too...=((
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    The hottest girls at my gym imho are the ones who seem to be in their own world, not trying to get attention, but still look awesome. Unfortunately, they're all taken. lol

Which opens up another question: Girls at the gym - talk to, or don't talk to?

My metrosexual brother who has an 6-pack at 39 says NEVER!!!!!

Hm, I don't know. I'd be annoyed if a guy tried to talk to me at the gym. It's for work ya know!

THESE are the girls that I fully admit to being jealous of at the gym! Because they make it look so effortless. I can never seem to achieve that - I either look like I'm trying too hard or I don't care at all!

Most of the time, I'm wearing leftover makeup from the day, plain workout pants, basic workout tee & super sweaty! So if a guy were to talk to me at the gym, I would be super flattered! :blushing:

But I'm also married with two kids so who am I to say what single girls in the gym want :)
  • flong1975
    Options
    These posts are making me laugh -I people watch ALL the time - what distractes me are the loud conversations that go on right next to me or the one guy who always gets the treadmill next to mine that sweats a river all over the control panel...

If you ever get a chance... check out my friend Jill's blog - www.joggingjeans.com dedicated to people who run / work out in jeans. If you ever see this odd occurence, she would LOVE if you send her a picture! She's also on Twitter and Facebook @joggingjeans.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I need distractions when I am doing cardio. After 30 minutes I get bored and zone out, besides I have a short...

SQUIRRELL!
  • sportyskylar
    Options
    I used to go to a gym where all it was, was people who came there all dressed up and caked in makeup. It was more of a pickup spot than anything. I switched to GoodLife shortly after that, and find that it is more of a workout environment. I no longer wanted to go to a gym where it was EXPECTED that I was caked up. When I go to workout, I dont plan on looking pretty before, during, or after. Im there to sweat. Sweating with makeup is just gross.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    We don't have a lot of that at my gym. Occasionally, I'll see it. One of my friends that goes with me sometimes to workout is actually like that, but she is single and wants to attract men. It doesn't bother me. Sometimes I look at them and wish I looked like that, but otherwise I don't care. I can understand how it could bother someone though.
  • tatiousmarie
    Options
    Relevant drawing I did for FB a while ago:
    66346_1594866187703_1117390662_31675466_8379184_n.jpg
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    The only reason people like that bother me is, I'm there to workout. It's more difficult to do my workout when I have to wait on a machine or equipment they're not really using properly or they're not working hard enough for it to be effective. If you're not going to do a proper workout, don't come into the gym and take up valuable equipment, machines, and space. If you don't know how to do a proper workout, ask for some help from the gym staff. You wanna attract attention and "hook up" with somebody? Go to the club/bar.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Eh maybe she's lifting 5 pounds because she only weighs 90 pounds and someone told her less weight more reps because she's afraid of "man" muscles :wink:
  • Jbradbury1964
    Jbradbury1964 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It is simply looking out of place in the gym...nothing more nothing less. No distractions, no less of a workout...just an observation of one silly girl. Whenever I see women or men like this in the gym, it just makes me laugh, shake my head and get started with my workout.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I need distractions when I am doing cardio. After 30 minutes I get bored and zone out, besides I have a short...

SQUIRRELL!

Hahahahaha!!! :laugh: